Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

On 9/19/2020 at 3:30 AM, Franken said:

I hope the space mech has an astronaut too. I hope we get a creator castle in the summer...

Space mech?

I haven't heard of any space mech. Did I miss something?

8 minutes ago, danth said:

Space mech?

I haven't heard of any space mech. Did I miss something?

I just looked it up, and 2 previously unknown sets are apparently "Space Mining Mech" and "Safari Wildlife House" , listed as March release.

I loved the Underwater Robot in 2019, this Space Mech has a bit higher price, so probably around ~300 pieces.

I assume the Wildlife House is either of the typical Tree House or Outdoors variants.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I just looked it up, and 2 previously unknown sets are apparently "Space Mining Mech" and "Safari Wildlife House" , listed as March release.

Thanks, and, Holy Mother of God. Awesome!

5 minutes ago, danth said:

Thanks, and, Holy Mother of God. Awesome!

I think LEGO incorportating other themes like Space and Pirates into Creator is great for sure.

As for summer predictions, I'd almost expect a Castle, by that time IDEAS Blacksmith Shop should be on shelves , and Barracuda Bay / Pirate Ship were a similar situation.

City is going to focus more on buildings/streets again , which possibly leaves some more room in Creator 3-in-1 for other themes.

I wouldn't rule out an expansion set to the 2019 Petshop/2020 Toy Shop layout however in summer.

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

"Safari Wildlife House" , listed as March release.

Too bad that is not a city set, no way we get any interesting animal moulds in Creator :wall:

On 9/13/2020 at 10:39 AM, TeriXeri said:

First rumours of 2021 3-in-1 sets, not enough for it's own thread yet , 4 sets listed 4 unknown.

Usually with Creator , sets are numbered from small to large size, and some "subthemes" repeat every once in a while.

• Cyber Drone probably is the succesor of 2018 Drone Explorer, or microscale as it's the first listed set, usually the smallest.
  • Wild Lion is the typical Brick Built animal set (probably Tan with Brown?)
  • *Unknown*
  • Superbike likely is the succesor of the 2017 Sunset Street Bike.
  • *Unknown* x3
  • Surfer Beach House so far looks the largest set this winter wave, and is a regular theme re-appearing within Creator, with 2012, 2015, 2017 (and 2018 had a Beach House alternate build on the Yacht set)
On 9/20/2020 at 11:31 AM, TeriXeri said:

I just looked it up, and 2 previously unknown sets are apparently "Space Mining Mech" and "Safari Wildlife House", listed as March release.

Who'd first reported these rumors? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Who'd first reported these rumors? :shrug_confused:

Uh oh. Maybe I should have asked this too. But I want to believe...

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 2:27 AM, Roebuck said:

Too bad that is not a city set, no way we get any interesting animal moulds in Creator :wall:

On the bright set, we might get some brick-built animals!

8 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

On the bright set, we might get some brick-built animals!

:laugh:
Good for you that you see that as a bright side, I do not :tongue:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh:
Good for you that you see that as a bright side, I do not :tongue:

You can just buy some animal parts...

13 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

You can just buy some animal parts...

I do that when I can, but it is impossible to buy something that do not exists :tongue:
A set like that would most likely come with one or several new animal moulds if it was under a different theme e.g. city

Only partially into the build of the Pirate Ship (bag 1-4), I love how the hull is made so far, very interesting.

Also the green and red parts used for inside (hidden) construction being used for port and starboard side is a nice touch, also makes the set a bit more viable for christmas-y alternate builds with the white/brown/green/red.

Not sure why there were 4 1x1 plate with clip as extras in the Pirate Ship set , brickset lists 8, and while 4 are used in the builds and listed in the instruction parts list. 

6308000.jpg

I don't think it's an error either as brickset inventory is pulled straight from LEGO and doesn't include spares, and has 1264 parts which includes 4 extra clips.

I can understand extra parts for the alternate builds but I checked that too.

Overall just brought this up out of interest.

Edited by TeriXeri

10274  ECTO-1 unboxing by a led lighting company. no lego watermarks so I assume its ok to post here. we got new cardboard packaging for instruction booklet as LEGO slowly moves away from plastic and transitions to paper. and all black instructions. stickers mostly for rust and license plate. 

search on Youtube : "LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS ECTO-1 open box #10274"

Edited by AirDolphin

Pretty sure that the video will be considered a leak by Lego.  Mike Psiaki designer.  12 numbered bags with a little over 600 steps.  Cardboard packaging for instructions and sticker sheet is interesting.

Not my video, those who want a quick look before its official search it up. I'm assuming it will be taken down at some point unless we are days within official announcement.

5 hours ago, Merlo said:

But some of them are important... license plate, for example.

True but by and large "essential" sticker number of the set seems to be on par with, or even lower than, the typical Lego Creator vehicle.  I've got eight creator cars, all of their plates are stickers.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:31 PM, TeriXeri said:

I loved the Underwater Robot in 2019, this Space Mech has a bit higher price, so probably around ~300 pieces.

I assume the Wildlife House is either of the typical Tree House or Outdoors variants.

I just saw a photo of the 2021 Creator 3-in-1 catalog on YouTube.  

Space Mining Mech is similar to the Underwater Robot, except that it is white and has a rotating saw blade on one arm.  Most of the body of the robot is white, although the joints and trim is black.  The head appears to be a trans dark gray bubble.  I'm unable to determine if a minifigure can fit inside.  Small side builds are a brick built alien and a small patch of terrain with green minerals.  

Not sure I like this one, but I'll have to see higher res photos to know for sure.  

The Wildlife House is a tree house with brick built giraffe and some birds.  Looks nice. 

There's also a Beach House with brick built shark.