Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

4 hours ago, AMD said:

I already made a topic about the GWP. Link here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/177992-new-lego-gwp-hot-rod/&tab=comments#comment-3246730

Also, I want to add this as well.

10277 Crocodile Locomotive - 1271 pieces - 99.99 dollars/euros

This came from the source in instagram. No pics yet though so take that info for a grain of salt

On 5/18/2020 at 8:04 AM, dim_bricks said:

I would love to see a new creator train in the same style as the 10194 "Emerald Night, 10219 "Maersk Train" or 10233 "Horizon Express"... I can also be interested to see a train station...

Looks like I was feeling it coming. :tongue:

Has anyone noticed how Lego 31107 is just a space rehash of the excellent 31052?

The color scheme and the front windows are the most obvious giveaway, although not the only ones.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, Merlo said:

Has anyone noticed how Lego 31107 is just a space rehash of the excellent 31052?

The color scheme and the front windows are the most obvious giveaway, although not the only ones.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

I noticed this too, but I don't mind.  I don't intend to buy 31052.

While 31107 has some stylistic similarities, it is close enough to classic space that I intend to add it to my collection.  I like the space terrain wheels and the crane.  I always wanted an M:Tron Celestial Forager (6896), but never got around to acquiring one as a child.  31107 is even better. 

On 6/4/2020 at 8:04 AM, Merlo said:

I definately got the same reference the moment I saw the set's pictures.

31052 was probably my first large 3-in-1 set since coming back to LEGO, and still is one of my favorites, also came at a much better price ratio compared to the 2020 Caravan which is simply very overpriced here.

The 2016 set was listed at €65 here, while the 2020 Caravan is €90 and has less pieces, also the 2020 Pirate Ship has 66% more pieces then the caravan and only costs €10 more.

The Space Rover looks good however and is on-point value wise.

Edited by TeriXeri

Space Rover is easily my favorite of the three. The color scheme is perhaps not space-y enough but everything else is very good.

I snatched the caravan for €77 and rover for €47, so the ppp was very close (10,04 vs 9,25).

Who knows, why are the new Creator sets not available on Amazon (Germany)?

Neither of them!

Edited by Parazels

Apparently the Taj Mahal is retiring at the end of the year, do you think this makes it more likely that one of the upcoming sets will be another re-release?

2 hours ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Apparently the Taj Mahal is retiring at the end of the year, do you think this makes it more likely that one of the upcoming sets will be another re-release?

Woah where did you here this and how reliable is it?  Aren’t Taj Mahal and Old Trafford the only current buildings? I’d honestly expect it to stay...

If true, this puts me in a tricky position.

I can only really afford 2 extra large sets (more than £200) this year. I want Sydney Opera House, Roller Coaster, and Taj Mahal.  Opera House is retired but hasn’t yet skyrocketed in price.  According to Retiring Sets (search it up!) Roller Coaster is high risk.  And @BrickBuilderX says Taj Mahal.  Sydney Opera House is pretty definitely a choice, but Taj Mahal or Roller Coaster?

32 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Woah where did you here this and how reliable is it?  Aren’t Taj Mahal and Old Trafford the only current buildings? I’d honestly expect it to stay...

If true, this puts me in a tricky position.

I can only really afford 2 extra large sets (more than £200) this year. I want Sydney Opera House, Roller Coaster, and Taj Mahal.  Opera House is retired but hasn’t yet skyrocketed in price.  According to Retiring Sets (search it up!) Roller Coaster is high risk.  And @BrickBuilderX says Taj Mahal.  Sydney Opera House is pretty definitely a choice, but Taj Mahal or Roller Coaster?

I can't say it's solid information, I read it on another forum.

Evidence in support of it retiring is that Smyths toys are out of stock and say they don't expect anymore (says on the website page), however, at the time I checked earlier it was still available on the Lego website and John Lewis.

I'm also after the Roller Coaster and have previously read on the site you mentioned that it's likely retiring, I'm hoping for a sale soon.

That would be a tough choice, my first thought is that it depends whether you would prefer more of a display set or a functional one.

Edited by BrickBuilderX

Built all 3 variants of 31105: Townhouse Toy Store , I do like that LEGO continued the system of being able to connect them to the 3 builds from sets like 31097 Townhouse Pet Shop & Café.

The downside of the 2 alternate builds are being corners, they only can connect officially on 1 side.

But I do hope they'll continue this system for at least 2021.

Out of all the 3-in-1 sets from 2020 , the only one retiring already next year is the Rocket Truck.

31103-1.jpg?201912230955

Still not sure why that set had such a bad price to volume/part ratio compared to the rest (at €25) .

Still not as badly priced as the 31108-1: Caravan Family Holiday in comparison ,but that's a fairly large set, it's just really badly priced in some countries at €89,99.

Hopefully LEGO will make some more buildings for 2021, Creator venturing into the Castle universe would be nice as well, now that they basicly also went Pirates and Space.

Edited by TeriXeri

I’m also keeping my fingers crossed for Creator buildings in 2021 - fully enclosed residential and commercial buildings please! 

The car in 31108 just doesn't cut it. It has some nice things but it doesn't look somewhat realistic like the caravan, nor does it look like a fun toy.

A similar (in idea, if not in execution) car from 60117 has clean lines, looks real if you squint and is so toy-like that I find it hard to resist grabbing it and driving it around going "wroooom" :D

So, I slid up in the DMs of Vanslego and he gave me this info, he's the one responsible for Colosseum and Elf Clubhouse rumor. He told me 10274 is the Ghostbuster's Ecto -1 and it will retail $200. I'm not sure if it will be a 2020 set, since the other Ghostbusters sets got delayed, so I'm assuming 2021. The set seems that it will be in style to the Creator expert cars.

Oh man, this is some awesome news!

$200 means atleast a 40CM long model if they scale it around the 15413 tires. If they use the 30699 tires then it's comparable to the London Bus in scale.

The Ford Mustang is $130, so i'm hoping they scale it around the larger tires.

I hope we hear some rumours of new residential or commercial buildings in the Creator Expert line soon! It was a shame we missed out with the last wave.

I'm hoping that it means we'll get something sizeable ... maybe even fully enclosed!

First rumours of 2021 3-in-1 sets, not enough for it's own thread yet , 4 sets listed 4 unknown.

Usually with Creator , sets are numbered from small to large size, and some "subthemes" repeat every once in a while.

Cyber Drone probably is the succesor of 2018 Drone Explorer, or microscale as it's the first listed set, usually the smallest.

Wild Lion is the typical Brick Built animal set (probably Tan with Brown?)

*Unknown*

Superbike likely is the succesor of the 2017 Sunset Street Bike.

*Unknown* x3

Surfer Beach House so far looks the largest set this winter wave, and is a regular theme re-appearing within Creator, with 2012, 2015, 2017 (and 2018 had a Beach House alternate build on the Yacht set)

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Wild Lion is the typical Brick Built animal set (probably Tan with Brown?) 

Maybe I'll take it, or maybe I won't. Let's wait until the images appear( at least - preliminary).

12 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I hope that the Surfer Beach House is comparable to 4996 (Beach House) or 7346 (Seaside House)!

I hope it's at least a decent size as well, 400-600 pieces, as that makes the alternate builds better as well.