Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well damn, that just came outta nowhere... *oh2* ...I mean, it doesn't even look real, both the build and the boxart are awfully classy-looking in an MOC kinda way. :thumbup: :smug:

That was exactly my first thought too!

Only edited my post when decided to do some quick DD on the details.

I've been looking at the back of the box trying to figure out how Power Functions works in the Haunted House. I think the motors, lights, and transparent panels in the tower might be trying to replicate the Pepper's Ghost illusion used in the actual Haunted Mansion ride to create realistic looking, transparent ghosts.

I thought great only have to save for some new Harry Potter sets then this haunted house happened XD need to replan my budget 

I check more pics from the leak and found out some references from adventurers. I have a feeling that this is not just a haunted house. Its a haunted house owned by the notorious villain, Baron von Barron who keeps changing names as years go by. :tongue:

Looks like it features a drop tower with power functions, similar to the Tower of Terror.

Yes, it's definitely similar to the Terror of Terror. The one at Tokyo Disneysea involves an owner named Harrison Hightower who collects artifacts, and one of it is cursed, which I think is the reason for the Egyptian interior of this LEGO set. Also, Harrison Hightower is a member of the SEA (Society of Explorers and Adventurers), and his colleague owns a haunted house called Mystic Manor with a unique Victorian architecture (at Hong Kong, Disneyland). This LEGO set looks like a nod to both rides.

250?cb=20110318151615

2zie2fx0nke31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Can anyone tell which functional power elements are required for this? Would like to get a jumpstart on getting those ordered if I need anything, definitely looks to be a cool ride filled with a slew of easter eggs

88009 Powered Up Hub and 88008 Medium Linear Motor. Glad these weren't included as the price would've seen a dramatic bump..

Edited by mogwai150

As far as I can tell from the Designer Video there are no stickers and therefor only prints in this set (and also a Fright Knights reference to set 6007)

So technically the Haunted House is 18+ , and not Creator Expert, so I expect modulars and vehicles to follow with 18+.

“We have decided to stop using the Creator Expert branding and, instead, use the new adult-focused packaging design to make it clearer which hobbies or brand products they can relate to.”

Edited by TeriXeri

I like the box art redesign but don’t really get why they’ve dropped the Creator Expert branding for this generic 18+ (which you associate with 18 or R-rated themes of violence or sex, not a spooky house :laugh:).

It’s similar to the new White House box where they’ve relegated and shrunk the Architecture logo to a tiny bottom corner. 

14 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

As far as I can tell from the Designer Video there are no stickers and therefor only prints in this set (and also a Fright Knights reference to set 6007)

For 200+ notes, I should hope so!

51 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Now comes the dilemma, Hidden Side Castle or this HH? :look:

I probably still might get the Hidden Side Castle as that theme got some fairly large discount on it's sets, which could mean the Hidden Side Castle would only cost 1/3 of this with just about 25% off, of course it's also 1/3 of the piece count.

But this Haunted House does still look great, and no stickers, and overall looks to have a great selection of parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

34 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

I like the box art redesign but don’t really get why they’ve dropped the Creator Expert branding for this generic 18+ (which you associate with 18 or R-rated themes of violence or sex, not a spooky house :laugh:).....

Perhaps they found that the "expert" thing scared off adults who might be interested in a set or two but are only casual or infrequent LEGO fans who might not necessarily consider their building skills expert.  I think most will find it clear that the 18+ is just a suggested age range, especially since the box art makes it pretty clear that no adult only material will be found inside. 

Lego out there making me buy this caus Adventurers theming... :sadnew:

Because I’ll also be saying that the exterior is otherwise oddly bland, for what is a haunted mansion. :look:

To be honest I don't know what to think about this set: the exterior is too restrained for my taste and too big to fit into a city layout (and it has no monsters like 10228). On the other hand it doesn't resemble a fairground location also, since it's not colorful, spooky and whacky enough (70922 Joker Manor looks more like the buildings I know). The figures are pretty mediocre, especially the ghost! The connection between the torso and the robe ruin the ghostly effect completely... Oh well, I still have the book store and pirate bay on my list. 

On 5/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, Pchan1983 said:

I thought great only have to save for some new Harry Potter sets then this haunted house happened XD need to replan my budget 

Yeah, I was all set & ready for all things HP...then this comes along. Diagon Alley may not be a day one, or it’ll be tight. 

2 hours ago, brimbolet said:

To be honest I don't know what to think about this set:

Me, too. The house is great, but the tower is just weird IMHO.

A leaker's saying there are 4 more Creator Expert sets coming out this year: 10274 to 10277.

One is probably the Winter Village... But what could the other 3 be? Another vehicle? A landmark? Something completely different? I look forward to know.

20 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

A leaker's saying there are 4 more Creator Expert sets coming out this year: 10274 to 10277.

One is probably the Winter Village... But what could the other 3 be? Another vehicle? A landmark? Something completely different? I look forward to know.

I could definitely see another vehicle coming, perhaps another "double-licensed" one like the Aston Martin. Maybe another out-of-the-vault rerelease too?

There's also a listing for 40409, which I'm assuming is the fan-designed car GWP.

6 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Lego out there making me buy this caus Adventurers theming... :sadnew:

Because I’ll also be saying that the exterior is otherwise oddly bland, for what is a haunted mansion. :look:

I'm glad I'm not the only one having that thought, because after the initial "holy crap they're doing another haunted house!" excitement has dissipated, I'm really not feeling the must-have urges, and realise it's because the exterior itself isn't anything special architecturally-speaking. It's ok I guess but it's supposed to be a fairground attraction, in other words, over the top spooky, yet there's none of that really. For the price and space it'll take up, I think I'll be quite content instead with the more gothic Hidden Side/MF Vampire Castle combo.

2 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I could definitely see another vehicle coming, perhaps another "double-licensed" one like the Aston Martin. Maybe another out-of-the-vault rerelease too?

There's also a listing for 40409, which I'm assuming is the fan-designed car GWP.

I think the DB5 "double licence to price gouge" was a one off given the unique circumstances where both Eon and AM held rights to the iconic car. I can't think of another example to be honest.

Agree though on a vault re-release, like the Taj last year. Just gut feeling but think we might see the Sydney Opera House dusted off.