Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

The 311107 – Space Rover Explorer is a 100% buy for me.  The mini-figure appears to have the Classic Space "ship orbiting planet" logo!  The wheels, crane, and easily accessible cabin are great features.  

:grin: :grin: :grin:

All 3 sets looking fantastic , even the alternate builds. 

Overall I think one of the strongest 3-in-1 Summer waves as a whole (of course also the most parts of recent times), now I do hope 2021 will focus more on Houses again but all those sets have buildings as alternates.

Edited by TeriXeri

CLASSIC. THEMED. CREATOR. SETS!

Kinda...

I just wish this was happening at a better time. If these don't do well, LEGO isn't going to blame the global epidemic and economic depression. They'll blame the sets themselves. 

1 hour ago, astral brick said:

"Space" check

Pirates check

Castle...

My thoughts exactly. :wink:

There are some Castle/Fantasy-ish sets via Ninjago + Hidden Side.

But hopefully some actual Castle Creator sets next year , at least there's the Blacksmith via IDEAS.

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, hagridshut said:

The 311107 – Space Rover Explorer is a 100% buy for me.  The mini-figure appears to have the Classic Space "ship orbiting planet" logo!

By the way, despite not being the main model, isn't it the first - proper - Vic Viper ship released by Lego?

3 hours ago, astral brick said:

By the way, despite not being the main model, isn't it the first - proper - Vic Viper ship released by Lego?

It's certainly looks like one, even in it's blocky LEGO creator look which isn't a bad thing.

At least it's the first proper Creator Spaceship that fits minifigs (not counting the 2017 Space Shuttle of course)

LEGO made this alternate build in 2019 , and people were hoping for more Sci-Fi/Space, and LEGO did deliver :thumbup:

tn_31086_alt4_jpg.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

The first Vic Viper in a set was the spaceship in 7066 Earth Defense HQ from 2011. It even included stickers with a tribute to "Nnenn", the most prolific builder of Vic Vipers until his untimely death in 2009 (?), so there was no mistaking the intent.

Great Space Rover! I wish the the color scheme was closer to the City Space of last year, but overall I'm very happy.

On 4/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, danth said:

I just wish this was happening at a better time. If these don't do well, LEGO isn't going to blame the global epidemic and economic depression. They'll blame the sets themselves. 

I share your fears, but I think that the current world situation wouldn't affect these sets in particular, but the whole Lego inventory. So they will still see how these are doing relative to other themes. Being awesome as they are I'm inclined to be optimistic. I have a feeling that next year they will do something castle-themed for us, too (in addition to the Blacksmith ideas set).

Damn, that Pirate Ship really does not disappoint upon closer look... :thumbup::pir-love:...heck, it might as well be an Expert set it's that good, and a couple years ago I would've never expected the first outright "Classic-themed" Three-In-One set to be as excellent as this (even its two alternate builds look superb)! :cry_happy:

Oh, and that Space Rover? Not bad at all (its alternate builds too look awesome)! :blush: It's undoubtedly Sci-Fi for sure rather than near-future "NASA" Space; and while I would've wished for something a little more colorful more on the "Classic" side of things, I'm sure that all-new Classic Spaceman figure accompanying it shows there's promise for further successor sets afterwards that could lean closer towards a more colorful palette. :grin:

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's undoubtedly Sci-Fi for sure rather than near-future "NASA" Space

It's kinda weirdly both. Take away the alien and two of the builds are just NASA. The Vic Viper is totally sci-fi though. Seems like a very timid step towards sci-fi, but a step nonetheless.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:12 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, and that Space Rover? Not bad at all (its alternate builds too look awesome)! :blush: It's undoubtedly Sci-Fi for sure rather than near-future "NASA" Space; and while I would've wished for something a little more colorful more on the "Classic" side of things,

What I'm curious with the Rover is the wheels. They remind me of those wheels from older space themes.

I think they're the same wheels as on the 2019 City Rover.

20 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Those wheels introduced in 2016

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=22410&in=S

22410.png 

How did I overlooked on that one from Lego City? :sceptic:

To be honest. I wasn't invested in the city space theme as I would prefer traditional space and Creator(to me) is the theme to do it.

Edited by AMD

1 hour ago, AMD said:

How did I overlooked on that one from Lego City? :sceptic:

To be honest. I wasn't invested in the city space theme as I would prefer traditional space and Creator(to me) is the theme to do it.

I actually skipped the City Rover and Shuttle (I got the 3in1 Shuttle from 2017) , but the City Space Station was unique in it's own way, and I love the 2020 Underwater base for similar reasons.

But also already had lots of those wheels via Nexo Knights sets.

Nexo Knights also had lots of other "Space" wheels in Gunmetal/Pearl Dark Grey

6118.t1.png 22 D x 24 mm wheels 

2515.t1.png 54 D x 30 mm wheels

Right now my sets are still on display, but I see the potential of making some late 80s, 90s inspired Space vehicles.

Edited by TeriXeri

Hi-res pics are available at promobricks and/or brickset.

3 hours ago, Anak said:

Hi-res pics are available at promobricks and/or brickset.

Thanks for the heads up! Pictures at Promobricks aren't loading at all for me right now. Brickset worked though.

EDIT: It was my ad blocker...that's never happened before. Weird.

Edited by danth

10273 has been leaked...a new Fairground Haunted House with tower, and various minifigs (it’s a theme ride) including the recently leaked white happy/sad hooded ghost that had no place in Hidden Side or Ninjago.

No CE branding on box art but a new “Fairground Collection” design. Coming in at 3000+ parts so the rumoured €229 sounds about right!

Edited by Lucarex

31 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

10273 has been leaked...a new Fairground Haunted House with tower, and various minifigs (it’s a theme ride) including the recently leaked white happy/sad hooded ghost that had no place in Hidden Side or Ninjago.

No CE branding on box art but a new “Fairground Collection” design. Coming in at 3000+ parts so the rumoured €229 sounds about right!

"I LOVE IT" is what I'm about to say but its too early to tell since its a leak. Lets wait for the official pictures before I judge.

Looks to have internal LED lighting (not just light brick) too which explains the "batteries included" on the box.

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Well damn, that just came outta nowhere... *oh2* ...I mean, it doesn't even look real, both the build and the boxart are awfully classy-looking in an MOC kinda way. :thumbup: :smug: