Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Have been monitoring Assembly Square 10255 for a while on Lego.com and since the holiday season it is frequently on the "back order" status. Do you guys think it is a sign that it's going to be retired soon?

On 2/26/2020 at 12:48 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Just seen on Promobricks that the new Creator Fiat 500 will be released on March 1st. :classic:

YAY!:grin::grin::grin:
d8q450s-00e096ca-3aa2-4778-b104-187e1064

So this thread been buried a bit, since the Fiat 500 last month.

Lots of talk about the 3in1 Pirate Ship over at the Pirates forum as well.

I am certainly still interested in the other 2 Summer sets.

€80 Caravan and €50 Rover , and larger Creator sets have more potential for great alternate builds.

Hopefully we'll see pictures in April.

I would like to know what are those 2 Creator expert sets:

10273 for 229,99€

10274 for 199,99€

I’d guess that one is the rumored fairground drop tower and I hope the other one is a large landmark building!

4 hours ago, ddavid said:

10273 for 229,99€

10274 for 199,99€

I’d guess that one is the rumored fairground drop tower and I hope the other one is a large landmark building!

I think one might be the Winter Village set. I really hope the WV is another unknown set number though, because Creator Expert is my favorite theme and only two more sets for the whole year (with one being WV) would be very disappointing... However 200€ for a WV set is a lot, so perhaps they're really two unknown sets.

We really don't have any more info to go on about, sadly. Last drop tower rumor was from 2018, so who knows if that's still relevant :sad:, and we already got a big landmark set with Old Trafford, so I doubt we'd be getting a second in one year.

Sorry for being a party pooper, but I think we'll have to wait until mid May to get any substantial rumors, seeing as the big April release is the Pirate Bay and for May it's the UCS Star Wars set.

Hopefully we will see pictures of the 3-in-1 summer sets within 1-3 weeks.

Still almost nothing known about this Space Rover Explorer set at all, and the Caravan Trailer set most that's known is the color Azure blue.

Edited by TeriXeri

There's a Space Rover Explorer rumor?!  That sounds promising, although I try not to get my hopes up too much.

45 minutes ago, hagridshut said:

There's a Space Rover Explorer rumor?!  That sounds promising, although I try not to get my hopes up too much.

Well, the Rover set was known since Toy Faire but now I see some sites list it as Space Rover Explorer.

It's a €50 set so not the smallest size, still the smallest of the summer wave, compared the €80 Caravan Trailer and €100 Pirate Ship.

Now I read the Alternate builds on the  €80 31108 Caravan Trailer set seems to be a Lighthouse and a Camper.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Well, the Rover set was known since Toy Faire but now I see some sites list it as Space Rover Explorer.

It's a €50 set so not the smallest size, still the smallest of the summer wave, compared the €80 Caravan Trailer and €100 Pirate Ship.

I'd expect 550-600 pieces.

Now I read the Alternate build on the  31108 Caravan set seems to be a Lighthouse and a Camper.

Thank you for the information. 50 Euros means probably 55-60 USD, or a medium-sized set.  Big retailers often sell LEGO at 20% discount in the US after a few months, so this is probably going to end up being 50 USD or so at Amazon or Target stores.  

This is within my budget!  I am eagerly awaiting the reveal of this set!

On 4/16/2020 at 5:06 PM, TeriXeri said:

Now I read the Alternate builds on the  €80 31108 Caravan Trailer set seems to be a Lighthouse and a Camper.

Well, I guess I'm buzing at least one for the Lighthouse. I couldn't be less interested in more vehicles but a Lighthouse I can certainly use.

4 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

New picture of the Pirates ship are out on instagram. 

Surely I can’t be the only one wondering if it will fit “inside” the empty inner space (approx 48 x 20 studs) of the Creator 3-in-1 pirate rollercoaster ?

Edited by Lucarex

55 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Surely I can’t be the only one wondering if it will fit “inside” the empty inner space (approx 48 x 20 studs) of the Creator 3-in-1 pirate rollercoaster ?

If not, I'm sure you can replace some of the "pillars" in the Coaster with a chunk of the ship. That's what I plan to do anyway.

Can anyone smarter then me mockup which pieces the sails are made from?

Edited by Huaojozu

On 3/30/2020 at 4:44 PM, ddavid said:

10273 for 229,99€

10274 for 199,99€

I really hope this is the case!  

Just now, Calvinw said:

I really hope this is the case!  

We are due for a nice fairground set and honestly I will take anything we haven't had before. I would one of those crazy coasters where you basically just go up and down (e.g. Kingda Ka), though that's unlikely to be doable with Lego-compatible stability standards. A drop tower would be great too, but hopefully they make it sufficiently large (i.e. taller than the coaster). Otherwise it would look really weird next to the Carousel for example.

Beautiful :cry_happy:. Just beautiful!

To elaborate. Each of the creator sets this summer are really interesting, not only from the original builds but from their alternate builds as well.

Edited by AMD

Just now, csfiatkos said:

can anyone dm me "the usual place"?

Instagram.

The pirate ship is great, I will be buying 3 to get all of the models. Absolutely love it. Love the ship, love the tavern. The pirate island is hard to judge but I'm sure it will make for a great set piece around the Pirate coaster.

The Lunar Rover is lovely, even comes with an alien, but unfortunately not for me. It's so far removed from other themes that Lego currently produces that I have nowhere to put it.

The Camper set is vehicle focused as expected; I had high hopes for the lighthouse but it doesn't seem worth it. There must be a huge amount of parts left over considering the difference between the main model and the alterante. I may pick this one up on sale and mod the lighthouse a bit.

On the pirate ship's main picture, what does that skeleton do in the crow's nest?

Does that Lunar Rover has some kind of suspension system?

Edited by Anak

Oh damn you, creator, not again!

I love the pirate ship, as well as the mill it turns into. I'm a fan of caravans and have a small collection going on and the rover is amazing and giving me classic space vibes. Even the alien is cute!

RIP my wallet.

Lego has done many sets in the Pirate and Creator themes with the "skull island" motif.  This newly revealed alternative build for the pirate ship is the best in my opinion.