Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

26 minutes ago, meliander said:

I also hope that Creator Expert Vehicles continue to represent old legendary cars rather than fancy street racing cars. I also don't want to pay extra for F&F license. I sincerely hope that it's a Technic set.

From what I understand it would be an "old" car, just like the Charger in the Speed Champions set 75893. With that being said, I don't think a Creator Expert 1970 Dodge Charger would be a good idea right now : such a set would be too similar to the Mustang. I rather see it being made in Technic, with a bodywork similar to the set 41999.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, Agent 86 said:

The Creator toy store is too small for my liking, but I guess that can be remedied by buying multiple sets. I will remain ever hopeful that we eventually see the Creator residential and commercial buildings return to fully-enclosed (i.e. four walled) buildings. And that we'll one day see plenty of houses released again, especially given how disappointing the recent "modular" houses were.

The monster (burger) truck is too bizarre for me, but I can see it appealing to the key demographic (i.e. kids).

I think the toy store in the donut shop set is bigger

On 12/29/2019 at 11:44 PM, MaximusNL said:

I sincerely hope that the Creator Expert series will not change to the F&F sets. I've built the Mustang set, however not in hotrod spec. I'd love to see a 911 Carrera in the Creator Expert series in the style of the VW Beetle and the Ferrari F40. Changing scenes to more 'modified' cars is not of my liking.

The James Bond car didn’t lead to more Bond cars, so I’d say we’re safe. My Mustang has the lip & rear spoiler on it, but not the blower, side pipes or raised stance. It looks clean that way, and doesn’t give it a real modified look. Not overly so anyways. More of a Shelby touch. 

22 hours ago, meliander said:

I also hope that Creator Expert Vehicles continue to represent old legendary cars rather than fancy street racing cars. I also don't want to pay extra for F&F license. I sincerely hope that it's a Technic set.

It’s going to be an old legendary car, the 1969 Dodge Charger. I will say that car will sell just fine on its own, without the license. 

29 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

The James Bond car didn’t lead to more Bond cars, so I’d say we’re safe. My Mustang has the lip & rear spoiler on it, but not the blower, side pipes or raised stance. It looks clean that way, and doesn’t give it a real modified look. Not overly so anyways. More of a Shelby touch. 

It’s going to be an old legendary car, the 1969 Dodge Charger. I will say that car will sell just fine on its own, without the license. 

Hm I’ll buy the Charger, however still hoping for an old 911. 

2 hours ago, MaximusNL said:

Hm I’ll buy the Charger, however still hoping for an old 911. 

I think they could definitely pull it off. Both the Speed Champions & Technic cars look great. 

I know I've been complaining about prices of sets a bit lately,  but to my surprise, the 3-in-1 Toy Shop/Townhouse is priced at €40 here in NL, which is fantastic. :thumbup:

Especially considering how "overpriced" the 2019 Outback Cabin felt at €35 NL price, which is less then half the size, and almost half the amount of parts (305 vs 554)

Edited by TeriXeri

24 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I know I've been complaining about prices of sets a bit lately,  but to my surprise, the 3-in-1 Toy Shop/Townhouse is priced

That's something I've always loved about Creator buildings. They were always known for being affordable. I have some of their houses in my town. 

Actually no.

I have all of their houses. Including the Building Bonzana from 2005. 

2 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

I would love to see more family houses. There are none on the shelves at the moment. Genuine question; is this the only 3--in-1 wave this year, or is there usually another one?

Yeah! They only release one house a year. I've never been against it as well....at least we had houses. I have houses from Creator dating back to 2006. 

47 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

I would love to see more family houses. There are none on the shelves at the moment. Genuine question; is this the only 3--in-1 wave this year, or is there usually another one?

If it follows previous years, the largest 3-in-1 set should be released around June:

• 2019 : Petshop/Townhouse 969 pieces
  • 2018 : Pirate Rollercoaster 929 pieces
  • 2017 : Modular Family Villa 728 pieces , (January 2017 also had the 566 pieces Park Street Townhouse)
  • 2016 : Vacation Getaways 792 pieces

I'd love more family houses as well.

I did like the Summer/June 2017 Family Villa ,that set also had 2 compatible smaller houses released alongside it ,Modern Home / Poolside Holiday, with 2 sets to follow for winter 2018 (Skate House / Winter Vacation)

31069-1.jpg?201705110921

Now those houses all officially retired from LEGO.com so hopefully we get more houses of some sort, Skate House was the last to retire sold up to September 2019.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, pooda said:

@TeriXeri Those were awesome. 

You've gotta admit though! This one was awesome! 

This was the first house I have ever put in my City. 

While I don't have it, that is indeed a very nice set but was retired long before I came back into LEGO , and Creator haven't made houses like that since 2013, not sure why.

Maybe the design reasons changed to a more playset approach with open back or hinged buildings for play access, as since 2011 minifigs were included, and 2012 had Friends launch.

2013 also was the year they put Creator on the larger Modular buildings boxes , but at that price/parts count and different designs I don't see those are direct replacements of Creator "houses"

Emmet's Dreamhouse is the closest recent example of a more classic house, but had a lot of extra parts due to the spaceship mode.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

I would love to see more family houses. There are none on the shelves at the moment.

Me too!

But, the "classic" Creator houses which were beautifully designed and fully enclosed. Which seems unlikely given the new open-back / City-esque design for the Creator 3 in 1 residential and commercial buildings. The hinged / dollhouse style design isn't too bad (as a compromise between open-back and fully enclosed), except where the two sides don't "match", like Park Street Townhouse where the basements were different colours.

11 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

I would love to see more family houses. There are none on the shelves at the moment

And me too! The townhouses and shops of recent years are all good, but these two sets are my favorites and I wish I hadn't missed them:

https://brickset.com/sets/5771-1/Hillside-House

5771-1.jpg?201103231013

https://brickset.com/sets/31012-1/Family-House

31012-1.jpg?201212270454

1 hour ago, meliander said:

And me too! The townhouses and shops of recent years are all good, but these two sets are my favorites and I wish I hadn't missed them:

https://brickset.com/sets/31012-1/Family-House

Count me in on the missing the full Creator houses. I have all, except the last one...just didn’t get around to grabbing it. Little did I know it would be the last...it’s a great looking set too. Still on my list to get even though my residential area is gone. 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Count me in on the missing the full Creator houses. I have all, except the last one...just didn’t get around to grabbing it. Little did I know it would be the last...it’s a great looking set too. Still on my list to get even though my residential area is gone. 

Same here. I miss those two. How about a year where Creator focuses most of its time on houses? Creator targets a much older fandom than City. So they may like the idea. 

Edited by pooda

4 hours ago, pooda said:

Same here. I miss those two. How about a year where Creator focuses most of its time on houses? Creator targets a much older fandom than City. So they may like the idea. 

2017 + Winter 2018 basicly was 1 "year" with 5-6 houses (if you consider Winter Vacation a house or shop, interior is easily changed).

Now all those retired.

Waiting to see if Summer 2020 brings something at least, as summer Creator have the largest sets, and those older house set designs still easily fall into the parts count of around 750-950 those summer set tend to have.

I'd love something larger with a sloped roof for sure.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

10272 - Soccer Stadium

269,99 Euro

Release Date: February 2020

Speculation: It could be the Manchester United's Stadium:  Old Trafford

I'm a soccer fan but if this is going to be official, I find it a bit odd.

First, if this is a partnership with MU and if the soccer players will be included, there can't possibly be a 2nd team for MU to play with, unless they secure a license for it too.

Secondly, how many minifigs are they going to include with this one? There is audience(!), security, cameramen, referees, substitutes with managers for both teams, other stadium stuff... The stadiums are all about crowds. When they are even half full, empty rows of identical seats don't look very exciting. That's what I think makes stadiums MOCs look interesting - tons of minifigs.

10 hours ago, pooda said:

Sadly, those days are gone. If they were to bring them back, I’d be happy & would likely grab them. They’ve done a fair amount of houses since switching to open back, a few are quite appealing to me.

7 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Sadly, those days are gone. If they were to bring them back, I’d be happy & would likely grab them. They’ve done a fair amount of houses since switching to open back, a few are quite appealing to me.

Yeah! I have to agree. Creator was awesome during the Lego affordable housing age because that was the time where you could buy houses for your Lego City. Considering the people and vehicles that came with them, you could even consider Creator houses canon to City. 

Edited by pooda

I'm worried about that stadium set, but excited to see what it'll look like, especially if it is to be released so soon. 

At first sight, I think the stadium looks terribly boring. Hopefully TLG finds a way to make it worth the hefty price tag.

Pictures of Old Trafford leaked on IG.

Looks an accurate build if you discount the real thing is a bad state of decay, mirroring the club's performance and relevance these days. Knowing United, Woodward has probably offered TLG somewhere around €50m upfront with a further €350,000 a week just to make this set for a few Chinese "fans" in their club shop.

Should have gone with Anfield or Camp Nou.

As a collector of the Creator Expert line I will pass on this one. I hate soccer.  It looks like Creator architecture and it is microfig scale but lacks microfigs it seems...

ok there are a few...

Edited by merman