Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

5 hours ago, incognito said:
On 8/9/2019 at 8:02 PM, BrickWild said:

My other theories suggest the Classic 1960s Batmobile or the Ghostbusters 2 Ecto 1A.

We will get a "UCS" Batmobile this year. 

Technically we should be seeing that set under the DC SuperHeroes/Batman 2.0 theme rather than Creator Expert; but yes, either way, perhaps that set could interfere with the release of another "Double IP" Expert automobile set for next year being so soon after the fact. :shrug_confused:

On 8/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, incognito said:

We will get a "UCS" Batmobile this year. 

But which one ? and to what scale ?

6 hours ago, incognito said:

a pretty big one with the rumored 3306 pieces

Sounds very good, I'd probably buy one.

Well we’ve had the Tumbler so I’m hoping for the Keaton Batmobile. Would look great as a Creator sized model

5 hours ago, Calunca said:

New LEGO® Creator 3-in-1 sets in 2020!

Hey, thanks a billion for bringing these to our attention @Calunca! I'll add those two to the main post's index right away! :thumbup: :sweet:

I think a Pink 1959 Cadillac would be absolutely amazing because it was the car that I rode when I got married in 2018! :grin:

Hopefully some more info about the 3-in-1 sets soon (november/december?)

Edited by TeriXeri

On 8/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, TeriXeri said:

City and Creator don't run parallel........

I think the houses and modulars from Creator are canon to City because Harl Hubbs from LEGO City Adventures has some of the houses from Creator in his promo picture's background.

New-Harl.jpg

Edited by pooda

1 hour ago, pooda said:

I think the houses and modulars from Creator are canon to City because Harl Hubbs from LEGO City Adventures has some of the houses from Creator in his promo picture's background.

There's certainly some overlap of themes in the City magazines as well .

Here are some examples of older retired sets shown in the 2019 comics,

City

Green Ship - Harbour (2011)

Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (2015)

Creator 3-in-1

Alternate Build of Lakeside Lodge (2016)

Friends (no minidolls shown)

Heartlake City Pool (2013)

Heartlake Pizzeria (2017)

Edited by TeriXeri

On 10/10/2019 at 5:14 PM, TeriXeri said:

There's certainly some overlap of themes in the City magazines as well .

Here are some examples of older retired sets shown in the 2019 comics,

City

Green Ship - Harbour (2011)

Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (2015)

Creator 3-in-1

Alternate Build of Lakeside Lodge (2016)

Friends (no minidolls shown)

Heartlake City Pool (2013)

Heartlake Pizzeria (2017)

Oh wow. So I'm assuming they have went a step further by merging Heartlake City with Lego City. 

So as other themes got revealed, hopefully Creator 3-in-1 is soon as well.

Creator 3-in-1 does repeat similar type of sets 1-3 yearly, especially the non-minifig sets.

31099 Propeller Plane 128 pieces : Likely microscale , or at least 1 or more alternate builds are , see 2018 or 2017

tn_31071_alt4_jpg.jpgtn_31057_alt3_jpg.jpg

31100 Sports Car 134 pieces : likely similar to 2018 or 2017 car sets (almost 100 less parts then the 2019 car)

tn_31072_alt2_jpg.jpg 31056-1.jpg?201611101158

31101 Monster Truck 163 pieces likely something similar to 2019 Buggy set 

31087-1.jpg?201811301044
31102 Fire Dragon 234 pieces : the typical 3-in-1 Monster set of the wave like 2018 or 2015.

31073-1.jpg?20171211085831032-1.jpg?201411041210

31103 Rocket Truck 198 pieces: likely is some weird rocket car like they had in 2018,

31074-1.jpg?201712110858tn_31074_alt4_jpg.jpg

Or Microscale Rocket transporter (Space theme) , following previous sets

tn_31091_alt4_jpg.jpgtn_31091_alt5_jpg.jpgtn_31060_alt6_jpg.jpg

31103 Monster Burger Truck : 499 sounds like a mobile food truck , maybe Hidden Side inspired but more toned down, maybe just some eyes or teeth on a brick-built burger on top of the truck.

German name is Burger-Monster-Truck, so the burger being the "monster" seems likely via that name, rather then another Monster-Truck.

31105 Townhouse Toystore 553 parts : Very likely using the 2019 style of building, based on parts count, this might not be a corner but rather a 3 story building (like the 2019 Bank alternate build) , and it's alternate builds might be ground-level shops similar in scale to the dentist/hairdresser, connected via technic pins to add more sets/alternate builds to a street.

Based on 2014-2017 (hinged with sidewalks but less depth when opened), and 2017-2018 ("modular" open back, 8x8 & 8x16 scale) LEGO tends to use the same 3-in-1 building style for about 3-4 waves of sets. 2019 started using a mix of both styles, with sidewalks, but floors of buildings could be interchanged still , or turned into a non-corner street, via technic pin connections on a 12x12 base.

tn_31097_alt6_jpg.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXCABwwp4GgdvN-5apTH7

Edited by TeriXeri

Leaks are out.

That monster burger truck or whatever you called it, is the most ridiculous yet most beautiful thing I have seen. :sweet:

It makes the burger bar(60214) from lego city look like a joke.

Also, love that buildable dog.

Edited by AMD

So far, some very good sets imo.

I skipped on the 2019 Burger Bar Fire and I love this Burger-Monster-Truck, and doesn't look too hard to add regular wheels to it as well. 

Also a nice brick-built minifig burger instead of using studs, even while it's bigger then a minifig's head using 2x2 rounded base, it's a Monster-Burger after all :thumbup:

The Toy Shop set reminds me of Corner Deli and seems to use the 2019 12x12 scale street/building so can be easily connected to the 2019 Pet Shop as well, I love it.

Also a mini version of the Rocket Ride doesn't look too bad and alternate builds all look useful instead of 1 being extremely small.

The Dragon/Wolf(or Sabertooth?)/Scorpion set doesn't look bad even if it's using the concept of previous creature sets, it still looks fresh with the different parts and colors. Brick-Built treasure chest with actual loot is a nice extra.

As for the sets I care less about : Microscale Monster truck and Rocket Truck.

Edited by TeriXeri

35 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

So far, some very good sets imo.

I skipped on the 2019 Burger Bar Fire and I love this Burger-Monster-Truck, and doesn't look too hard to add regular wheels to it as well. 

Also a nice brick-built minifig burger instead of using studs, even while it's bigger then a minifig's head using 2x2 rounded base, it's a Monster-Burger after all :thumbup:

It's an interesting fitness concept - make people climb some steep stairs before they can buy a burger!

Never mind! I saw it. That thang looks vicious! It looks like I can use some of the pieces to expand the burger bar I already have. 

Edited by pooda

4 hours ago, AMD said:

That monster burger truck or whatever you called it, is the most ridiculous yet most beautiful thing I have seen. :sweet:

Heh, it's not the kinda ridiculous I've been wishing to see from the Creator theme; but hey, it still looks pretty cool in its own way... :classic: ...now, that "Apocalypseburg" driver of the truck though is quite certainly the most ridiculous minifigure I've ever seen in a Three-In-One set. *huh*

24 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

..now, that "Apocalypseburg" driver of the truck though is quite certainly the most ridiculous minifigure I've ever seen in a Three-In-One set. *huh*

Maybe it's the 31064 Island Adventures guy that returned home after his adventure and now started a burger shop ::grin:

twn286.png

3626cpb1804.jpg

Instead of growing his beard like last time  he grew a larger mustache :wink:

Edited by TeriXeri

Loving the monster food truck. The $50 building is nice too. The last few years have been a mess of bricks instead of decent looking buildings. Also like the dragon. The dark blue is a nice touch.

So many monster trucks of all kinds in Creator and City!  Has someone at Lego decided that everything, everything, must have chunky oversized wheels?  The burger truck is pretty fun, though.

7 hours ago, icm said:

So many monster trucks of all kinds in Creator and City!  Has someone at Lego decided that everything, everything, must have chunky oversized wheels?  The burger truck is pretty fun, though.

The wheels have been getting bigger for a while. I think it started in 1997 with Town JR, with even the small cars given what were then truck size wheels.

paaaaaaaaaaants02.jpg