Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Expect two more Speed Champions sets this summer. No idea which cars but they are based on existing licenses.

By existing licenses, are you referring to ones that have already been covered by previous Speed Champions sets, or ones that have been represented in other themes besides Speed Champions?

7 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Do we have a Speed Champions wish list thread or should I make one? Because I have a few cars which I'd like to see made.

We indeed already have a separate wishlist/future speculation topic... :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By existing licenses, are you referring to ones that have already been covered by previous Speed Champions sets, or ones that have been represented in other themes besides Speed Champions?

We indeed already have a separate wishlist/future speculation topic... :wink:

 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Yes, existing licenses done by Speed Champions before.

Thanks! :classic: My hunch is that one of those two have to be a 2020 C8 Corvette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit - Should have searched Flickr before asking.  The stickers for the headlights and hood are easily trimmed, and I might have enough small parts to substitute for the gold mirrors, but I might have to take a sharpie to that windscreen.  What's the best method for removing printing from Lego parts?

Lego 76899

Has anyone built 76899 without stickers?  The cars look pretty good, but I can't stand all the gold trim on the stickers and I'd like to know if the model looks decent without them.  I wouldn't have to ask if it weren't for the printing on the windshield.

Edited by icm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should do it like for minifigs now where they give you a hairpiece along with a helmet, give you a regular windshield along with the printed one for those who don't want to use the stickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, icm said:

The cars look pretty good, but I can't stand all the gold trim on the stickers and I'd like to know if the model looks decent without them.  I wouldn't have to ask if it weren't for the printing on the windshield.

Please remember that the set is based on two race cars and is licenced through Squadra Corse. Both cars feature stickers in real life (as do all race cars), and additionally why would Squadra Corse allow LEGO to produce these cars without any stickers of their partners who support them such as Pirelli and Roger Dubuis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McLaren97 said:

Please remember that the set is based on two race cars and is licenced through Squadra Corse. Both cars feature stickers in real life (as do all race cars), and additionally why would Squadra Corse allow LEGO to produce these cars without any stickers of their partners who support them such as Pirelli and Roger Dubuis.

That's true, but it's irrelevant to the question of whether the cars look good without stickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

curious what their first formula one car will look like at this scale... and if the Fast and Furious license will be at the same scale...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Just bought the Lamborghini set and love the size of both cars. 
 

now I’m really hoping that they will do a Red Bull F1 truck.  Like they did a couple of years ago with the Ferrari truck. 
 

That would look awesome in the new width-size...  🤩 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 6:47 AM, Lawndart said:

curious what their first formula one car will look like at this scale... and if the Fast and Furious license will be at the same scale...

I sure hope it’s Red Bull.  We already had enough Mercedes and Ferrari F1 for now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 6:47 AM, Lawndart said:

curious what their first formula one car will look like at this scale... and if the Fast and Furious license will be at the same scale...

On second thought; not only do I wish for a Red Bull F1 car, it would be awesome to have them make a transporter with it as well. Just like the F1 truck they made for Ferrari a couple of years back. 
 

🤔,... Or even better; make one of those sets for the top 4 teams: Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren...

Mercedes in Silver and teal, Ferrari in Red and black, Red Bull in Dark Blue and yellow and McLaren in Orange and blue...

How awesome would that be; and then park them side by side like they are on F1 weekends !...

 

 

073642C9-FD39-4CF3-8BA2-18E0435C1C67.jpeg

Edited by Wimmer
Wrong picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A truck would have to be pretty huge to fit the newer scale cars, the old one had 8-wide interior, new would need at least 9-10 stud-interior (if the Formula-E is an indication how the wheels go beyond 8 wide there).

Unless they end up with a more open type of Car Transporter of course, they can use railings or something for the sides then.

But it certainly would be cool to see. :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

A truck would have to be pretty huge to fit the newer scale cars, the old one had 8-wide interior, new would need at least 9-10 stud-interior (if the Formula-E is an indication how the wheels go beyond 8 wide there).

Unless they end up with a more open type of Car Transporter of course, they can use railings or something for the sides then.

But it certainly would be cool to see. :thumbup:

Yes. But in case of F1 you can’t have open transporters.  I guess if the cars are now 25% bigger, that would mean making the trucks 25% bigger as well. 
That would not be too bad; close to two studs wider, and more length...

They would look massive and impressive; but so do the real life trucks when you see  them. And if the scale is right with the cars then it would be fine ?

Just keep them away from the older 6 stud F1 cars... 😉 

Edited by Wimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Yes. But in case of F1 you can’t have open transporters.  I guess if the cars are now 25% bigger, that would mean making the trucks 25% bigger as well. 
That would not be too bad; close to two studs wider, and more length...

They would look massive and impressive; but so do the real life trucks when you see  them. And if the scale is right with the cars then it would be fine ?

just keep them away from the older 6 stud F1 cars... 😉 

I'm fine with the new scale existing, and a truck could certainly look impressive at that new scale. 

Wasn't trying to kill your idea, just imagining how big it'd be. :thumbup:

 

Red Bull F1 in LEGO form would be a nice color scheme for sure as well, especially on a huge truck. 

 

And yes, the open car-transporter was a bad idea for F1, but could still work for other Speed Champion Cars.

This was 11 year back, imagine the details with newer parts : 

https://brickset.com/sets/6753-1/Highway-Transport

tn_6753-0000-xx-23-1_jpg.jpg

 

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I'm fine with the new scale existing, and a truck could certainly look impressive at that new scale. 

Wasn't trying to kill your idea, just imagining how big it'd be. :thumbup:

 

Red Bull F1 in LEGO form would be a nice color scheme for sure as well, especially on a huge truck. 

 

And yes, the open car-transporter was a bad idea for F1, but could still work for other Speed Champion Cars.

This was 11 year back, imagine the details with newer parts : 

https://brickset.com/sets/6753-1/Highway-Transport

tn_6753-0000-xx-23-1_jpg.jpg

 

 

I wasn’t attacking you on your reply.

I actually think that having an open car transporter could be very useful. 
Think of it as a ‘shelf-on-wheels’ to show off all the other cars; that way we need less real time shelf space to show the (now bigger) cars as well ! 👍🏻 
 

You hearing this LEGO ?  Let’s have both of them ?! 👍🏻 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually if Lego were going to do a truck as F1 car transporter it wouldn't have to be huge, because in reality F1 teams disassemble the front wing and wheels before loading them I believe, so it's a good idea.

But that set would be very expensive though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KMPMOCS said:

Actually if Lego were going to do a truck as F1 car transporter it wouldn't have to be huge, because in reality F1 teams disassemble the front wing and wheels before loading them I believe, so it's a good idea.

But that set would be very expensive though.

Correct.
But the old Ferrari truck set was $100.00 here in the US.

I spent a lot of time here, besides the Netherlands; and I’m willing to pay 25% more for a better, matching truck to go with the F1 cars.

I don’t think the Ferrari truck was too expensive then; and I had to look around a lot to find a couple, so they were selling good enough then too ?...

But think of it; wouldn’t it be great to get a nice Dark Blue and Yellow truck with Red Bull logo’s on it; and have the 8 stud wide Red Bull car of Max Verstappen inside of it ?...

😃

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Correct.
But the old Ferrari truck set was $100.00 here in the US.

I spent a lot of time here, besides the Netherlands; and I’m willing to pay 25% more for a better, matching truck to go with the F1 cars.

I don’t think the Ferrari truck was too expensive then; and I had to look around a lot to find a couple, so they were selling good enough then too ?...

But think of it; wouldn’t it be great to get a nice Dark Blue and Yellow truck with Red Bull logo’s on it; and have the 8 stud wide Red Bull car of Max Verstappen inside of it ?...

😃

 

Yeee. Max looks like the new Senna!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, McLaren97 said:

without any stickers of their partners who support them such as Pirelli and Roger Dubuis.

Lol shows how dumb I am, I thought Roger Dubois was the driver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 9:57 PM, Merlict said:

Lol shows how dumb I am, I thought Roger Dubois was the driver

😂 Don’t worry I had never heard of them until a few months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m planning on putting together the Ferrari F1 truck and F1 car later today.  Then I’ll make a picture with it and the new Lamborghini Urus; so we can see size comparisons.

Would be fun to see how the Urus is making the truck look tinier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I take the 76898 Formula E Panasonic Jaguar Racing GEN2 car & Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on whether you like both cars? I mean the price for this set is good, unlike the Lambo combo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meliander said:

It depends on whether you like both cars? I mean the price for this set is good, unlike the Lambo combo 

It's not nearly as good outside the US, It costs 40 euro in Germany, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david4662 said:

It's not nearly as good outside the US, It costs 40 euro in Germany, for example. 

Thats €20 per car, same as the single car sets, which is unusually good for a two car set, normally they have at least some small markup for the extra build (i think the Year 2 camaros were 40 as well, but singles were 15-18 back then, not 20)

I think the price is right on target on the Jag set, i just happens to be two cars i dont care about, if the lambo set was 40 rather then stupidly overpriced at 60, id buy it in a heartbeat, but €30 per car is just waay too much for me. (especially given that i dont like the Urus)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.