Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

4 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

if the lambo set was 40 rather then stupidly overpriced at 60, id buy it in a heartbeat, but €30 per car is just waay too much for me. (especially given that i dont like the Urus)

Yeah, the Urus is not really desirable. I guess TLG threw it in to try and squeeze more from the Lambo brand, 60 is just ridiculous.

@david4662Oh, I didn't know that it was priced so differently. Yeah, that seems to be a little bit too much, since the formula E one is a niche car, and also judging by the complexity of the build and number of parts I don't think it's worth 20. I-Pace though I'm not into Jaguar seems like a very nice model to build. So I would wait for a discount for those who have it at 40 in their country.

With Urus - I didn't like it at first as the car itself, but I have changed my opinion after doing some brief research about it online and watching MotorTrend videos on Youtube about it. It's a fantastic car if you forget about the fact that its Lambo and just judge by what it is. For its class it's an absolute beast. That being said, I don't like the bright green color. But its a personal preference. And the price is high - so definitely getting on sale, too.

Or you can see it from my point of view:  I bought both the Jaguar set and the Lamborghini set. The Lamborghini set is expensive and the Jaguar set not that much.  Put the two together and have a new average for both of them. It’ll make the Lamborghini set bearable in price and the Jaguar slightly more expensive. 
But I like both the sets; Even though you can debate the models they chose in each set. 
Now they did one E car they might follow with more of them; it would be easy and cheap for LEGO.  Since all the cars are the same they only have to change the color scheme and the stickers ?...

16 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Now they did one E car they might follow with more of them; it would be easy and cheap for LEGO.  Since all the cars are the same they only have to change the color scheme and the stickers ?...

I don't see LEGO making another Formula E car this year, I would expect them to produce one next year, when the body kit update comes.

Picked up the Lambo 2 pack today, its awesome and definitely the best Speed Champions set to date IMO.

The past few years for Speed Champions has been great, with them FINALLY making a Mini Cooper set (one of my favorite cars), and we finally got Lambhorgini sets, but you know what car brand that's missing from LEGO? Tesla. I mean, Tesla would fit so perfectly! I know that Cybertruck Ideas set got 10,000 supporters, so that should show LEGO that we want LEGO Tesla sets. Below I listed the following for what I want to see in 2020/what I want to see in Speed Champions in general

Tesla 2020 Roadster

Tesla 2011 Roadster

Lambhorgini Veneno

2006 Ford GT

Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS

I know it's not a lot, but these cars would be great in the Speed Champions theme.

22 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

Mustang is a must to come back 

The Mach-E? The "regular" mustang looks to me just like 75871 Ford Mustang GT

Then I'd rather have a tesla combo, Cybertruck + roadster (or Model 3)

So has anyone thought of the possiblity that Lego could do a 240z for the 50th anniversary of the Z line?

Can’t see TLG pushing out a second Nissan so soon.

I’d suspect a classic Porsche will receive the 8-wide treatment. 
And given the recent history, the Bugatti Centodieci or Chiron Pur Sport.

1 hour ago, Big Adam said:

Can’t see TLG pushing out a second Nissan so soon.

I’d suspect a classic Porsche will receive the 8-wide treatment. 
And given the recent history, the Bugatti Centodieci or Chiron Pur Sport.

While I agree on the Bugatti, I think not on Porsche since it have been done last year. Maybe another car make such mclaren or mustang is possible.

I've built the Audi and the Ferrari, both really neat. I actually find the 8 studs wide fits nice in the city. The GTR, Jaguars and Lambos I still have to build.

You know what would be cool? If they did some "Dad-that's-into-cars-but-has-a-familly-to-haul-around" speed champion pack with something like an RS6 now they have the Audi license, or something boxier like an older Volvo T5 R. Imagine sitting 4 minifigs in there with the dad, the mom and 2 kids :laugh:. I think it's safe to assume a lot of AFOLs are dads, no? 

2 hours ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

I've built the Audi and the Ferrari, both really neat. I actually find the 8 studs wide fits nice in the city. The GTR, Jaguars and Lambos I still have to build.

You know what would be cool? If they did some "Dad-that's-into-cars-but-has-a-familly-to-haul-around" speed champion pack with something like an RS6 now they have the Audi license, or something boxier like an older Volvo T5 R. Imagine sitting 4 minifigs in there with the dad, the mom and 2 kids :laugh:. I think it's safe to assume a lot of AFOLs are dads, no? 

Classic Volvo 850 touring car? :pir-love:

Talking of licences, there’s obviously potential to exploit the Land Rover connection too now.
As an aside, I was initially lukewarm on the Nismo but have to say, for me, it was the most satisfying build out of all the 8 stud cars so far.

I just built the GTR, it's better than what it looks like on the box. I only used a few stickers (the emblems, the headlights...) as I'm not super fond of having actual race cars in my city. I'll probably have to swap out the hood for a plain white one instead of the printed one and change up a few parts from white to black. All in all a cool looking tuner car! 

14 hours ago, SERVATOR said:

Yeah that's exactly what I did yesterday. Replaced the hood with a white one and the side "doors" with some 2x4 white tiles and 2x2 curved slopes. Looks heaps better without stickers imo. I left a few black accents here and there, didn't go all white.

On 6/6/2020 at 12:03 PM, HereWeGoAgain said:

I just built the GTR, it's better than what it looks like on the box.

I still wonder about the rear, specifically why they decided to leave an exposed stud. They could have something less obvious to support the angle of the rear lights. I think I've posted a few ideas here:

49120775447_2ab1e6169f_z.jpg

49378638661_2ce1c71c1c_z.jpg

2 hours ago, imvanya said:

I still wonder about the rear, specifically why they decided to leave an exposed stud. They could have something less obvious to support the angle of the rear lights. I think I've posted a few ideas here:

I think the tail lights look right compared to the 1:1 car, but that's a good idea to place a 1x1 slope under there, will have to do it on mine.

I just built the lamborghini (just the aventador, no time for the Urus). Overall it's a nice and cool looking build.

I just wish Lego didn't force stickers or brands on us. On the aventador you just have to put most of the stickers on or else it doesn't look good because stickers like the headlights have part of the livery on them.

They should offer 2 sets of stickers: one with the brands, and one with just the necessary car stickers like head lights. I don't mind paying a few extra $ if that's what it takes. I wish the Lambo would have been just like the Ferrari, a standard road model. Would have made more sense in the line-up too I think.

Just built the Huracan. Stickers aside (all 29 of them, insane!) it’s an enjoyable build and very easy on the eye.

Any reasonably reliable rumours of upcoming SC sets and possible release timeline, or all complete guesswork right now?

Edited by Lucarex

On 6/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, Lucarex said:

Just built the Huracan. Stickers aside (all 29 of them, insane!) it’s an enjoyable build and very easy on the eye.

Any reasonably reliable rumours of upcoming SC sets and possible release timeline, or all complete guesswork right now?

Yeah, you would expect some kind of at least rumors by know. 

The 6-wides, werent they released 3 times/year? 

Designers in spring told about two models coming later, based on known licenses. Now its time for a september release. But this theme is one of the least and last leaked.