Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

1 hour ago, imvanya said:

Some of you might like this: https://brickset.com/article/47661/are-the-wheels-of-the-8-wide-ferrari-too-small

Basically, the wheel size (outer diameter) on most 2020 SC models appears to be correct or even too big, they just don't look it. But as far as I am concerned, this only proves that SC sets are still LEGO, not true scale models, and as such they have to rely on existing pieces.

I like that a lot, and im extremely happy to see that the proportions (width/height/length) are pretty close to spot-on.

I think though, that while the outer dimensions line up, lego models in general are a tad more bulky, resulting in tires looking undersized, even if they are exactly right. I did the same math for 42096 after many people claimed the wheels are too small, while in fact the wheels are only 0.8 mm off when taken to a 1:10 scale, which the model is (despite it being too long), the wheel arches are a bit too wide though, and lego is a bit bulky, so they end up looking too small.

Im quite hyped for the new wave of SC cars, even if i probably will only end up buying the F8 and GT-R, they look absolutely amazing for such a small scale, the level of detail is something we could only dream off a few years ago.

My main complaint about the Ferrari Box art is that the rear lights really look trans-orange.

Kind of unneeded to add fancy lighting effects that aren't there in reality, headlight stickers also have this added white glow, all 2020 SC sets lights are pretty much way more glowy then they are in real parts.

But I suppose fancy art sells better.

For myself, I often look up reviews/pictures of the real thing first, but LEGO hasn't exactly been on point with box art lately, too much fancy art vs reality.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/12/2019 at 12:19 PM, imvanya said:

Some of you might like this: https://brickset.com/article/47661/are-the-wheels-of-the-8-wide-ferrari-too-small

Basically, the wheel size (outer diameter) on most 2020 SC models appears to be correct or even too big, they just don't look it. But as far as I am concerned, this only proves that SC sets are still LEGO, not true scale models, and as such they ha

It might seem right on paper, but on the boxy cars like the Nissan and I-Pace the tires really look too small.

This is probably because the proper shaping to those cars cannot be done in Lego.

Hi guys, there is a video on YT with new Audi Quattro lego model. At the end of video, where we can see the whole box content assembled from distance, the drivers helmet looks much different than the usual one. Is it because of the camera angle and game of light & shadows, or is it some new mold, or old which I have not seen before? Check the link below, time 11:25.

Thanks @blurrkup, that must be this one. However, I am not sure if they are adding this one to the set, or the normal one.

Something that I appreciate with the new sets is an addition of a hair piece for each minifigure. That just adds to the ability to display the driver outside of the car without either having his face covered or no head piece at all.

1 hour ago, McLaren97 said:

Something that I appreciate with the new sets is an addition of a hair piece for each minifigure. That just adds to the ability to display the driver outside of the car without either having his face covered or no head piece at all.

Yeah that is a welcome addition that started with the white 911.

Been away for awhile but I picked up a couple of the new SC cars at Target the other day. Haven't really been following things lately, so they caught me totally off guard. Got the Quattro and the GT-R. 

First thing I noticed was price increase, then I notice several other differences mainly something people have been bemoaning forever, two wide seating yay. Different pieces and quite a few other changes. 

Still on the fence though, being a huge SC fan. The new ones don't look good at all next to the old ones. The build styles have totally changed as well, just not a fan, yet anyway. Who knows maybe I will grow to like them, they just seem so bulky and boxy, through the use of larger elements. 

I am sure the dimensions are more scale accurate but they just seem huge with tiny tires. Only time will tell, sure hope they grow on me. 

So far it just seems like a similar center core surrounded by different skins. 

And yes the minifigures look like little kids standing next to the cars, they can't even peer into the car as their eyes are below the top of the doors. Also the steering wheels are a bit off to the right of where the driver sits. 

Hmm, the offset steering wheel is a bit of a letdown, hadnt seen that yet.

Ill be trying to hold off on buying these cars because ive got different stuff to do untill summer, but im really looking forward to building these

Okay, just finished both the GT-R and the Quattro, it is definitely a  different building style than the old ones. A lot of bigger elements and some new elements, for me anyway. 

I still enjoyed building them, I just don't seem to care for the results so much. The olds ones actually seem more rounded and curvy compared to these new ones, even though I am sure these are more "scale" correct. They just seem boxy and squared off and yes part of that is the Quattro's design in general but still.

Also, with these two sets anyway, the base chassis is surprisingly similar, many of the older ones had cool little tricks here and there, that made building each one a little different.  

I know I have only built two, so that might change, I hope so. 

To me it is a totally different monster with the same name, Speed Champions. 

The more i look at the new SC sets, the tinier the wheels get.....they really look tiny....hadn't noticed that before!

And it is even more noticeable on the GT-R, I guess because of the longer wheelbase and the 1 plate rake. Still I do seem to be warming up to the new SC line. Some of the shaping techniques are pretty cool, just make sure you keep the driver in the car and not displayed next to it. And I still am having a hard time accepting the off-set steering wheels, might have to mod that somehow. 

Edited by Johnny1360

1 hour ago, pooda said:

Warning: Eurobricks is an empathy dump for people who support outlandish decisions that Lego makes. 

Do you have to be rude about everything and at every opportunity? I know you have been asked to dial it down more than once. So this is a final request.

Just now, Peppermint_M said:

Do you have to be rude about everything and at every opportunity? I know you have been asked to dial it down more than once. So this is a final request.

Y'all really lack a sense of humor. Can't you take a joke? 

Other people on this forum troll and no one says anything to them. 

Just now, pooda said:

Most others do not have a history of being rude and directly insulting/attacking other members. They also make use of the emoticons to indicate that the tone is joking and not serious. Keep that in mind for the future perhaps. 

4 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Most others do not have a history of being rude and directly insulting/attacking other members. They also make use of the emoticons to indicate that the tone is joking and not serious. Keep that in mind for the future perhaps. 

You mean putting negativity in its place and standing up for yourself? Or being flat out honest about certain indignities? 

Is there a way I can remove my account? 

I need to send a message out. Allow me to say my goodbyes first. 

Speaking of honesty and negativity, this is just the kind of remark that made me choose to not post or visit this site for nearly a year now. I see things haven't really changed much. 

Just trying to take my mind off of bigger problems and have a little fun with my chosen hobby, thanks. 

I Got the F8 Tributo the other day. I have every single speed champion car ever made (except for the Mercedes team-gift), and I must say, no car had me looking at it for such a long time. Once I had built it, I couldn’t stop taking it with me everywhere I went in my apartment. It is AMAZING. In my opinion at least. They are something completely different. The only thing that makes me upset, is the fact that I wish they had started with 8-wide. 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:17 PM, pooda said:

You mean putting negativity in its place and standing up for yourself? Or being flat out honest about certain indignities? 

Is there a way I can remove my account? 

I need to send a message out. Allow me to say my goodbyes first. 

Bye?

On 12/24/2019 at 6:07 PM, pooda said:

The fact that you insulted other members then follow it up with shaming language says a lot about your personality.

Guys, can we let it go please? trolls are best ignored. (and there is always the report button)

@DeductedMiller Good to see a longtime fan of the theme being happy with the new format, the F8 is the one im most looking forward to, as a bit of a ferrari fan.