Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I think the Ferrari windscreen is printed, same for the white hood on the Quattro I believe, which is great.

The new frame that allows for 2 figs to sit side-by-side is really awesome.

Edited by KMPMOCS

Woah, the 8-wide cars look incredible! How well do you think they would scale with modular buildings? I fear they're gonna be too big... 

They're pretty expensive in Canada, though, so I think I'll pass nonetheless.

All 8 wide....?....here the SC theme ends for me... the Ferrari looks pretty good, the Audi however......ehm....?

I may be in the minority, but I prefer the Audi to the Ferrari. It looks like the real car it is based on. The Ferrari, especially the front looks awful.

The Ferrari looks awesome and is definitely the best car of the wave yet. The interior of it also looks very neat, especially when compared to the older SC cars with random colours place everywhere.

Woow, I was waitting for that audi, and i am little bit dissapointed, however ferrari is stunning, best SC model i ve ever seen

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

I may be in the minority, but I prefer the Audi to the Ferrari. It looks like the real car it is based on. The Ferrari, especially the front looks awful.

Yeah, I have to agree with you.  The Audi looks great except for the studs on the roof and no co-driver but the Ferrari looks weird with that front end.

Edited by echoboy

7 hours ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

Here are some of the next confirmed speed champion sets, dunno if this was posted before. And yes, all 8 studs. I think 8 studs allows Lego to make the cars more like the original counterparts. The Audi looks great!

Ferrari F8 Tributo

85 Audi Sport quattro S1

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-speed-champions-2020-setbilder/88580

Damn, that F8 looks sweet!!! :oh3: Plus, it's also nice to have a much better look at the geometry of that new windshield canopy... :thumbup: :smug:

lego-speed-champions-76895-0006.jpg

Of all the announced sets for 2020 so far, SC are those I like the most. And I never collected them. Ferrari is a masterpiece!

On 8/19/2019 at 2:21 AM, 0Marty0 said:

So, do you guys think this "leaked" set list is real?

Ferrari Road Car - £12.99

Nissan GT-R Nismo - £12.99

1985 Audi Quattro S1 - £12.99

Lambo Twin Pack - £34.99

And maybe Jaguar formula E and/or L Pace SV Race Car

I feel like it has too many new brands and the price is too low for the nearly 300 piece count

The 'rumour' appears to be spot on so far, so I guess lastly we gonna have the GTR Nismo, can't wait to see it.

The Ferrari appears to use interesting techniques. Seems to be some snot/brackets used to create the  smoothness in the area I've circled, looks great.

lego-speed-champions-76895-0006.jpg

That Ferrari look great indeed. 8 wide offers better proportions however I still feel it is too much for me. It won't fit the CITY style anymore which is a pity but I can understand why they did it.

24 minutes ago, echoboy said:

Needs more sponsor names on the stickers as well, looks a bit plain.

I think they could add the sponsor name on the seat as well, gives the Audi more sporty feel. 

I have to say I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed at this point based on these previews.  I was on the fence about 8-wide to begin with and now with six cars revealed there's really only two that I actually "want" (the black Lambo and the red Ferrari) and even then, the Huracan is bundled with a car I'm not even sure I'd use for parts (and overpriced at that) and the hood of the Ferrari leaves something to be desired.  Honestly, I think the best thing to come out of this new line-up so far has been the new windshield designs - most of the models just don't strike me as "superior enough" (compared to last year's models) to justify the shift to 8-wide and the higher price points.

Maybe I'll feel differently once I see them in person and build a couple, but at this point, I'm really not impressed with this new direction for the line.  I really enjoyed sets like the McLaren Senna, both building it and admiring the finished look; the stuff this year almost feels like a step backward while also introducing an incompatible scale and (in 4 out of 6 cases) failing to take advantage of the potential offered by the larger form factor.

Or maybe I'm just old, grumpy and don't like change... :def_shrug:

I see your point @ShaydDeGrai, but in my opinion change from 6 studs to 8 is a change for good. Of course, due to change, we getting more parts so the prices are going up, but tbh when you have roughly 5-7 sets a year and single models don't cost a lot, you will probably not even feel increase in price, it is just one pint of beer less :laugh:. Another aspect of going wider is the fact, we can squeeze two minifigures into one cockpit and car model looks more realistic, just look on the Ferrari how well it is designed, even the interior looks nice. :)

BTW guys, what you think about yet unrevealed Nissan GTR? From all of the single models of this wave, it has the highest part count, even though it shape does not look too complex like in case of a Ferrari f8. Do you think the set will contain any additional equipement, like in case of MClaren Senna, the wind tunnel?

3 hours ago, Jaromir said:

BTW guys, what you think about yet unrevealed Nissan GTR? From all of the single models of this wave, it has the highest part count, even though it shape does not look too complex like in case of a Ferrari f8. Do you think the set will contain any additional equipement, like in case of MClaren Senna, the wind tunnel?

As neither the Ferrari or Audi have separate builds, I doubt it, but I guess we won’t know until it is released.

59 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Nissan GTR?

Could it be a Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 ?

The sets title is Nissan GT-R Nismo, but given the previous history of SC race spec cars, I wouldn’t be surprised. But I feel like it will be the road car.