Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I was able to switch my 6 wide Porsche 911 RSR 75888 to 8 wide. It wasn't so difficult. Basically, you just have to follow the instructions, adding two wide in the middle and one in the length. I used a Trans-Black Windscreen 3 x 6 x 2 and, for the wheels, a Technic Brick 1 x 2 with Hole. The result, to be honnest, wasn’t so nice as i espected. I just hope the newest 8 wide models be well done.

Edited by AlexSanders

Do you guys think that the switch to 8 wide will have an impact on sales? For most people the price is probably more important than the scale.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, echoboy said:

So far, for me, three of the four cars are lemons.  I hope the single packs are awesome and don't cost more than £20 each.  Come on LEGO, release the pictures damn you!

Lemons? Yummy!

I have been somewhat close to buy a few of the older Speed Champions sets.

But this 8 wide? It got way more interesting.

Here's my wish list for Speed Champions 2020:

Lamborghini Veneno

Tesla 2020 Roadster

Mini Cooper (single car)

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (with the doors being able to move up)

Aston-Martin 2019 DB11

McLaren Speedtail 

2 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

Here's my wish list for Speed Champions 2020:

Just so you know, there's a separate topic for Speed Champions wishlists. :wink:

On 11/15/2019 at 6:23 PM, TeriXeri said:

NL price : 

Lamborghini : €60 663 parts = (0.09€ / piece)

Jaguar : €40 565 pieces = (0.07€ / piece)

Even if under the €0.10 piece ratio, for me that's just too much for just 2 (oversized) vehicles, mainly pointing at the Lamborghini set here.

But maybe I'm not the target audience as I mainly would use those along City/Creator 3-in-1 scale sets and 8 wide is just really wide even with the fact that the I-Pace can fit 4 figs.

Box art also makes the lights on the cars look a lot better compared to actual reality, I-Pace headlights look a lot lighter especially (which don't seem to even be a transparent part)

Selling those as singles at €20-25 at most would be more favored as well.

60 euros for two cars is just insane, personally i dont look at part counts or side builds when it comes to speed champions, just the price of a car, and whether i like the cars/renditions of those cars. And even if they had gone for a proper lambo, like an aventader or whatever, 60 euros for two cars is soundly NOPE, especially if they can do 40 for two cars in the jag set, that difference is mind boggling.

Im curious to see what the singles end up costing, usually the SC sets are small enough that i dont bother bargain hunting, but with the significant decline of physical toystores here, and the rise in price, impulse lego-buys arent as common for me anymore.

For me, changing to 8 wide, would be the end of collecring these....i cannot see 6 and 8 wide cars in my layout...it feels weird. I already skipped the mini set and seeing those xl vehicles for 2020.....no...not for me. Modulars is the only thing left for me now....but that is good for my wallet.....

I hope others have a lot of fun with th SC cars in the future!

I am totally fine with 8 wide if TLG promise to not use stickers anymore for the car's features. But unfortunately, it looks like the Huracan already uses stickers for headlights :hmpf_bad:

Just now, iLego said:

I am totally fine with 8 wide if TLG promise to not use stickers anymore for the car's features. But unfortunately, it looks like the Huracan already uses stickers for headlights :hmpf_bad:

Yeah.....they could've used some of those transparent lightbulb pieces. 

1 hour ago, pooda said:

Yeah.....they could've used some of those transparent lightbulb pieces. 

I feel like because on the real car the  lights are at such an angle and them self’s are an odd shape that it would have been hard for the designers to make out of bricks.

8 hours ago, McLaren97 said:

I feel like because on the real car the  lights are at such an angle and them self’s are an odd shape that it would have been hard for the designers to make out of bricks.

I agree. We have no idea the development the products go through! Except the Senna.

8 hours ago, McLaren97 said:

That was sarcasm. I really dislike it when people bellyache over stickers when they're not going anywhere anytime soon.....and printed pieces are expensive. 

Hello guys,

I like the new 8 wide models, they look more neat. 

I'm wondering, did someone try to rebuild the Porsche (75895) in 8 wide? 

1 hour ago, Stormfury said:

Hello guys,

I like the new 8 wide models, they look more neat. 

I'm wondering, did someone try to rebuild the Porsche (75895) in 8 wide? 

I too am excited for the change in scale, although the sets so far have not impressed me that much (especially the prices).

As for an 8 wide Porsche turbo, I haven’t seen one yet, but after the new 6 wide windshields are released for sale I’m sure some one will will make an 8 wide 75895.

21 hours ago, pooda said:

That was sarcasm. I really dislike it when people bellyache over stickers when they're not going anywhere anytime soon.....and printed pieces are expensive. 

Oh, my bad. I know that stickers aren’t ideal, but for the price of the sets and the amount used I think that it would be unviable for LEGO to have printed bricks.

Meh, I'm not sure about the 8 wide. The Lambo looks definitely cool (the Urus is spectacular ugly in contrast). But I don't feel like widening my 6 wide SC cars. :sceptic:

A little off topic: if the rumors are true and we get a sub theme called 'Turbo Wheels', then this might be a strategic way of TLG to attract more customers. The six wide cars for kids, cause they might less mind if they play with a car that is licensed (Porsche, Ferrari, etc) and the eight wide cars which are very detailed and more expensive tend to be bought by (mostly) AFOLS. 

What do you think about this? 

Here are some of the next confirmed speed champion sets, dunno if this was posted before. And yes, all 8 studs. I think 8 studs allows Lego to make the cars more like the original counterparts. The Audi looks great!

Ferrari F8 Tributo

85 Audi Sport quattro S1

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-speed-champions-2020-setbilder/88580

Edited by HereWeGoAgain

I'm quite impressed by the Ferrari, and a bit less so by the Audi.  The Ferrari is a must-buy, the Audi a maybe.

34 minutes ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

The Audi looks great!

It is a 2-seater for a change, and it is really interesting to compare it to Marc Runde's rendition of the same car:

1 Front 3_4 Left

UPD: I only just now realized that the new frame piece is specifically designed to allow 2 minifigures to sit side-by-side:

LEGO-Speed-Champions-76898-Jaguar-Formul

Edited by imvanya

Ferrari F8 certainly looks great (in the rendered image) and the 8 wide and new windscreen greatly helps it's shape.

2 Figures side by side is nice as well.

Best SC set of the wave so far.

Edited by TeriXeri

That Ferrari is excellent, and totally sells me on the 8-wide concept, for as far as i wasnt sold already, im kinda sad that this year doesnt have an amazing lineup of cars so far though, but there is always the 4th single halfway through the year.

2 hours ago, imvanya said:

UPD: I only just now realized that the new frame piece is specifically designed to allow 2 minifigures to sit side-by-side:

This looks great indeed, even in terms of a 6+ building style which I prefer.

And do I really spot a 6 to 4 windscreen part? Never expected them to do that. That would mean a completely new era of minifig scale sports car building. Hopefully this part will be available unprinted, too. 

However, that's great news for all minifig scale car moccers. 

Edited by ER0L

Do you guys think those are printed windscreen or stickers? The red on the Ferrari will be a great one to use for red vehicles. The Lamborghini one has words on it so it may not be a good one to use on other black cars.