Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

6 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Wow. The Huracan looks amazing, but all those stickers :wacko:. I'm not sure about the Urus though, from the side it looks good, but the front looks too boxy. I thought the new 8 stud design was going to erase the boxiness.

I used to find the stickers frustrating but now I find it relaxing to build the entire car first then apply the stickers later on.  The Urus is such a let down, just like the works buggy was in the Mini set and the Challenger SRT Demon in the Dodge set.

My favourite double set is the Ford GT and GT40.

Just frustrating.  You wait in suspense, feel let down.  Hopefully the other cars pick the slack; especially the Nissan GTR.    Unfortunately, not holding my breath.  

Tbh, the new Lamborghini set doesn't really look all that bad. I mean...in real life, the Huracan is actually that wide. And the Urus is actually a tall SUV. 

I don’t know what’s more disappointing. The fact that Lamborghini made an SUV or that LEGO decided to replicate it. While I don’t mind the switch to 8 wide, it’s sort of annoying that now I’ll wasted money on sets that have become obsolete.

5 hours ago, McLaren97 said:

I don’t know what’s more disappointing. The fact that Lamborghini made an SUV or that LEGO decided to replicate it.

I think its more that Lego decided to replicate the wrong Lamborghini SUV, the Urus is just an Audi in an edgy track suit, the real deal is the LM002, with the glorious lambo V12

Then again, even if they did a Huracan + LM002 combo pack id probably skip it, SUVs dont belong in th SC lineup, they arent made for speed and certainly arent champions of anything, except maybe a tractor cosplay contest.

5 hours ago, McLaren97 said:

I don’t know what’s more disappointing. The fact that Lamborghini made an SUV or that LEGO decided to replicate it. While I don’t mind the switch to 8 wide, it’s sort of annoying that now I’ll wasted money on sets that have become obsolete.

I still think that Lamborghini insisted on the Urus being included, I suppose a tractor could have been worse!  I'll buy the set when it's heavily discounted at some time to get the Huracan.

Edited by echoboy

6 minutes ago, echoboy said:

I still think that Lamborghini insisted on the Urus being included.

I've seen it in videogames: a car constructor allows the game developper to add a car that players want only if they also add a car that the car constructor wants to promote.

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

I think its more that Lego decided to replicate the wrong Lamborghini SUV, the Urus is just an Audi in an edgy track suit, the real deal is the LM002, with the glorious lambo V12

Then again, even if they did a Huracan + LM002 combo pack id probably skip it, SUVs dont belong in th SC lineup, they arent made for speed and certainly arent champions of anything, except maybe a tractor cosplay contest.

you do know the Urus does 0-60 mph in ~3.5 seconds, right?

2 hours ago, McHaleBerg said:

Let's be real here.  If you're driving an SUV to begin with, you probably care a lot more about stopping distance than acceleration.

If you're going to have a mid-life crisis, do it properly in a vehicle that's thoroughly inappropriate for picking up a load of groceries, not something that looks like the bastard child of a Civic and a station wagon in a color that seems firmly stuck in the 1970's :sweet:

5 hours ago, vectormatic said:

100% agree that the Urus is just a an Audi, which is based on a VW chassis, which is also shared with Porsche. I feel like it may have fit better if it had a trailer to tow the Huracan, but then that would have drove up the price even more. 

Also, is it just me or does the front of the Huracan look a lot like a Ford GT up the front. 

The Jaguar and Lamborghini sets are listed on Lego Store, £54.99 for the Lamborghini set and £34.99 for the Jaguar set 

Edited by tillerjnr

1 hour ago, tillerjnr said:

The Jaguar and Lamborghini sets are listed on Lego Store, £54.99 for the Lamborghini set and £34.99 for the Jaguar set 

£34.99 for the Jaguar set is okay but £54.99 for the Lamborghini double pack is obscene.

27 minutes ago, echoboy said:

£34.99 for the Jaguar set is okay but £54.99 for the Lamborghini double pack is obscene.

Agree, especially considering you only get 100 extra bricks with the Lamborghini set.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:45 PM, supertruper1988 said:

I am going to definitely buy a bunch of these new windshields but these new sets at 8 wide do not excite me. 

The “Roger Dubuis” is printed on. I think it’s safe to say we will get that windscreen unprinted soon.

9 hours ago, tillerjnr said:

Looks like I’m not getting the Lambo set then.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:40 AM, MTBingNinja said:

Just frustrating.  You wait in suspense, feel let down.  Hopefully the other cars pick the slack; especially the Nissan GTR.    Unfortunately, not holding my breath.  

So far, for me, three of the four cars are lemons.  I hope the single packs are awesome and don't cost more than £20 each.  Come on LEGO, release the pictures damn you!

Edited by echoboy

The more I look at these new sets the more I’m disappointed. It seems like LEGO has gone back to the early SC days, were all the details were created by stickers. The last wave had ingenious part use, like the Senna’s headlights. And I also get the impression that brands are having more of a say on what cars are included. I doubt that LEGO would include either the I-Pace or the Urus on their own choice. So far I’m personally not liking what I am seeing, but I’ll have to what to see them in person to make a final judgment.

11 hours ago, echoboy said:

I agree. The Lambo set isn't that much bigger than the Jags. Why the price increase? It's kinda like this year's range's larger sets. The Mini set has three more pieces than the Dodge set. Just THREE. Yet it's £10 more expensive. Ouch.

Edited by RacerRabbit

32 minutes ago, RacerRabbit said:

The Mini set has three more pieces than the Dodge set. Just THREE. Yet it's £10 more expensive. Ouch.

You're right, well spotted.  Although in fairness the Mini set does have larger pieces to make the gantry and a 4th minifigure.  I refused to pay £45 for the Mini set so I waited until it was a third off.

21 hours ago, McHaleBerg said:

Why does that matter? Im not saying the Urus is slow, im saying it isnt made to be a fast car primarily, because if that was the case, it would be 500kg lighter and a good bit lower, more like say, a huracan.

SUVs are lifestyle mobiles made to show off how well youve done in life, they suck at off-road compared to actual purpose built offroaders, and they suck at being fast compared to cars actually built to race

NL price : 

Lamborghini : €60 663 parts = (0.09€ / piece)

Jaguar : €40 565 pieces = (0.07€ / piece)

Even if under the €0.10 piece ratio, for me that's just too much for just 2 (oversized) vehicles, mainly pointing at the Lamborghini set here.

But maybe I'm not the target audience as I mainly would use those along City/Creator 3-in-1 scale sets and 8 wide is just really wide even with the fact that the I-Pace can fit 4 figs.

Box art also makes the lights on the cars look a lot better compared to actual reality, I-Pace headlights look a lot lighter especially (which don't seem to even be a transparent part)

Selling those as singles at €20-25 at most would be more favored as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

I'm sorry if I sound negative but Lego can go pound sand with the price for the Lambo set. Most of the two vehicle sets for the past 3 years were $29.99. This is a 67% increase for what? This used to be my favorite theme, way to kill it Lego