Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

14 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like the new Jaguar set?  Especially the i-Pace car?

Believe me you are not alone....

14 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like the new Jaguar set?  Especially the i-Pace car?

I agree with you! I like the I-Pace in real life a lot in contrast. 

Overall, I think you can add much more details in a 8 wide build. But it feels bittersweet after the 5 waves of cars which were 6 wide. I'm still not convinced if I will buy one of the coming sets, though the leaked pics of the Lambo look great! 

19 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

I love the I-pace! It’s the formula car I don’t like.

Lamborghini pack will be my first 2 pack. They look so much better in 8 studs wide!

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

I love the I-pace! It’s the formula car I don’t like.

Lamborghini pack will be my first 2 pack. They look so much better in 8 studs wide!

100% agree. :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Merlict said:

Are there any better pics of the Lambo set yet?

Those outdoor photos are hard to see anything. 

Agreed and unfortunately not yet.

I think the Urus in the Lamborghini double pack is boring and feel it's inclusion is at the insistence of the manufacturer.  It's a bit frustrating when TLG produce double packs that only have one good car but I tend to sell the one I don't like.  The Huracan looks great and the move to 8 studs wide is an evolutionary step in the Speed Champions range.

I have collected Speed Champions for about a year simply because I always found the early sets to be really bad,  I never gave them a second thought until I saw how good they had become in later years.

I've tried to like the Jaguar set but I just don't see any appeal.

Edited by echoboy

I agree.  Urus look horrendous.  Might just wait to by the Lambo separately on eBay.  

Let’s see how the sales go for 2020 and a few years thereafter.  That should influence TLG decisions going forward.  If sales are terrible, hopefully they’ll revert back to 6-wide before ending the SC series altogether.  

Had a shower thought.

Light blue wheel arches from the I-Pace mean that we'll be able to start building Speed Champions scale cars with Gulf livery. 

Are there any new photos being released right now? I am so curious about Audi, hopefully, it will be 8 stud wide.

Well, some could mod those 8wide to 7 wide.

Akbalder, thank you for that link. I do like what I see.

I notice the piece count on set 75894 was 481 and that retailed for £45.  These two double packs have a greater piece count of 565 and 663 so what will their prices be?

1 hour ago, echoboy said:

I notice the piece count on set 75894 was 481 and that retailed for £45.  These two double packs have a greater piece count of 565 and 663 so what will their prices be?

Jaguar is €40 and Lamborghini is €60.

Well I for one refuse to pay those prices for the double packs.  I'm glad I bought the Ferrari Ultimate Garage last month for a reasonable price, I figure that set will rise rapidly in the next few months.

Wow. The Huracan looks amazing, but all those stickers :wacko:. I'm not sure about the Urus though, from the side it looks good, but the front looks too boxy. I thought the new 8 stud design was going to erase the boxiness.

Like most of their double packs, I think they're batting a little under 500 with this one.  If the black car were a solo outing, I might overlook the whole 8 wide thing (I always think low and wide when I think of Lamborghinis anyway) but the green car and the starting gate just seem like an excuse to jack up the part count/price.  The whole thing just seems a bit overpriced for one really cool model and a lime-green parts pack.