kodlovag

What happened to Bricks & Pieces?

Today afternoon I noticed, that Bricks & Pieces does not ship to Hungary anymore. Only US, UK, Germany and Switzerland are supported.

B&P was the best way to buy the rare and expensive bricks, which cost a little fortune on BrickLink and elsewhere. PaB is not comparable with B&P, this is a real loss. Why does TLG stop selling individual pieces? Anyone know details? Will we get it back later?

I just noticed the exact same thing. Not even here in Denmark - home of TLG - we can order bricks from Bricks and Pieces anymore. I was saving my points to spend them here. This is very disappointing! :damn:

EDIT/addition: They have already received an email from me regarding this issue.

Edited by LAKAbricks

It is not available in the U.S. right now either. They have a short note about it being worked on. 

Hey there! We’re busy making some improvements to our Bricks & Pieces service, so buying bricks isn't available in most countries at the moment. Please check back in a few days.

I copy and pasted this directly from the site.

Perhaps the same thing is happening in your countries but they haven't bothered to include the note.

Just now, tkatt said:

Perhaps the same thing is happening in your countries but they haven't bothered to include the note.

Well... It seems so, as I have not seen this note. At least I will cross my fingers that it is the case... :look:

That's fine by me :-)

It does seem strange as postage to all European countries is essentially the same, unless there is some problem with the couriers they use. Or maybe they are culling it to just the major markets for parts - I can imagine both Germany and the UK and big markets, but then why keep Switzerland. It is also unlikely to be due to toy regulations - Germany in particular is strict about choking hazard notices and so on for imported goods.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, LAKAbricks said:

I just noticed the exact same thing. Not even here in Denmark - home of TLG - we can order bricks from Bricks and Pieces anymore. I was saving my points to spend them here. This is very disappointing! :damn:

EDIT/addition: They have already received an email from me regarding this issue.

That is especially strange since the warehouse that holds the pieces for B&P is located in Denmark.

20 hours ago, J4ck said:

That is especially strange since the warehouse that holds the pieces for B&P is located in Denmark.

My last couple of Bricks and Pieces orders have come from the Czech Republic. :look:

36 minutes ago, LucyCol said:

My last couple of Bricks and Pieces orders have come from the Czech Republic. :look:

Really? I live in the UK too and mine have travelled to Germany then to the UK.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, J4ck said:

If I do remember right, my previous orders were also delivered from Germany.

Today I have received a nice answer from LEGO Customer Service. It is explained that there is an issue with checking out. Hence the service has been temporarily cancelled for most countries, until the problem has been solved. It ought to be up and running again within a few days. - It is, however, not explained why it is possible to make orders from certain countries...

Does anyone have further info on this? A month later and it's still not possible to order in other countries than UK, Germany and USA. :thumbdown:

I got this typically canned reply on July 26th:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’m sorry the LEGO® Bricks and Pieces for Italy isn’t working as expected at the moment. The good news is that our IT gurus are working hard to fix the cause of this error. We expect everything to be up and running again very soon but I wouldn't have a specific date just yet.

I’ve passed your feedback on to the team working on the fix because every little detail can help them resolve the issue faster.

In case also you need to place a urgent order, we'll be happy to help you over the phone instead. :-)

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Have a lovely evening!"

I mean, you have to admire the clever wording: "working hard to fix the cause of this error", which is no guarantee of fixing the actual error; and "very soon", which could be understood in astronomical terms. FTS.

It seems to be online now, at least here in Denmark. I can get as far as entering my credit card infos, but it was just some random bricks so I cancelled. 

Anyway, the new layout is much easier to navigate for me ?

No such luck in Italy. I selected "Germany" as it was the only option to get the prices in euros but when I clicked on checkout it gave me a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" error.

Being among the lucky ones (USA) I haven't posted here or in the haul thread. Feels wrong. Like bragging about getting armloads of candy when alot of You can only look through the shop window.
That said I had put an order in within a day or two of this thread going up. I got worried because i definetly got charged the money but received no receipt or shipping email from TLC. A tracking email went out ~2 days before the parts showed up. Shipping time was sub 1 week which is super fast for BnP. I hope that is a result of the new process TLC put in place and not just because they limited access to 3 lucky chosen countries. The shopping cart for that order was still the same old buggy mess.

I placed a second order 2 days ago. Three times I accidentally killed the window or kicked myself out to the front page of lego.com and it saved my bag and selections each time! Over the course of ~2 hours I had no issues with losing my bag. Finding parts is still a bit painful as there is still no modern browse by category only search for set/element/design ID. But atleast the Bag now doesn't empty itself randomly. I will keep a close eye on shipping times. I did see alot of stuff as out of stock but I don't shop BnP very often so I can't make a judgement call regarding reduced available inventory. I did see a few licensed things still available so what was there before does not appear to have been purged.

(Note I buy from Bricks and Pieces and not Pick a Brick side.)

I really hope TLC gets this rolled out to everyone quickly, it's already been longer than I would have expected.

Seems the country list issue has been solved (damn, prices for Italy are ridiculous - and next year, VAT's going up to 25%, which'll make it even worse); however, after putting in my credit card details and confirming my order, the system says the payment can't be completed. Anyone else having the same problem?

11 hours ago, suffocation said:

Seems the country list issue has been solved (damn, prices for Italy are ridiculous - and next year, VAT's going up to 25%, which'll make it even worse); however, after putting in my credit card details and confirming my order, the system says the payment can't be completed. Anyone else having the same problem?

I had the same problem with payment, not sure if it’s me or them. Spent a long time selecting parts and then they couldn’t process the payment. Lost all that work. Will check with Lego what the issue is during the week. 

20 hours ago, suffocation said:

I just experienced the same. I also used a VIP reward code, but couldn't complete the order. The second time I tried I couldn't even use the code anymore.

I'm really upset. Bricks & Pieces was so long offline but hasn't been improved, I have been spending again a lot of my limited free time on failing orders.:wall:

On 8/17/2019 at 2:54 PM, suffocation said:

Same issue here. I tried both Paypal and credit card checkout, and with different browsers - makes no difference.

Something has been improved though : my cart has not been emptied and still contains all the B&P parts I selected.

Thanks for the feedback, guys :wub:

I guess the problem lies at the source - i.e. TLG - then.

My B&P cart was also saved, so yes, that is a huge improvement over what we had to deal with until a few months ago - but it seems it isn't working for everyone. Kinda shocking to see a billion-dollar corporation struggle so much and so long with basic IT.

Having the same problem from NZ. Set order plus B&P wouldn't go through, and had to complete the order by phone.

Interestingly, the customer service rep said they had been internally notified that the problem with B&P had been fixed.

Hi, everyone. I don't know if this is a B&P specific issue, but I'll give it a shot.

I was trying to order some pieces today and, when confirming my order for the last time, I got an error message saying that my payment could not be authorized. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I pay with Paypal, so I don't know if this is a B&P, Shop@Home or Paypal issue.

Yeah we have this issue in Sweden as well.

I can also mention that Pick a Brick is currently a mess. Before Bricks, Plates and Tiles were generally fairly well grouped together, now not so much.

There's also the problem that the same piece appears on page after page.

Additionally it seems like Firefox (a fairly 'heavy' browser if you add plugins) can no longer use PaB at all. (cache cleared earlier today)

Seems like Lego.com is coded by monkeys nowadays, shame that it used to work well.

14 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Same here, as mentioned above. Ordering from Italy and trying unsuccessfully to pay by credit card - no alternative since TLG has decided that customers in certain countries can't use Paypal.

Not sure it's relevant but I've tried on Firefox and Chrome, Win7 and Win10. In any case, no issues whatsoever ordering from other websites.

Edited by suffocation