Recommended Posts

A ghost as well.

5 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Ok. 

 

A new leak surfaced on instagram, this time it's Lloyd. 

A goblin just leaked on instagram! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K_Tiger said:

A ghost as well.

Doesn't really look like something from Ninjago imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of plain for, well any theme, honestly.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't really look like something from Ninjago imo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Goblin looks like something straight out of Nexo Knights in my opinion. I don't know if it really fits the Ninjago aesthetic.

Also, the ghost looks like one of the worst figures in recent years. Absolutely no printing and a very basic face. 

Edited by Lego David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could the ghost be from Hidden Side? Looks pretty damn plain though.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lego David said:

The Goblin looks like something straight out of Nexo Knights in my opinion. I don't know if it really fits the Ninjago aesthetic.

The ninja's also look like they came from Nexo Knights so there's a pattern here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the ninjas look much more medieval looking and the sets also lose their asian influence is just to not compete with Monkey Kid even that the theme will be vehicle heavy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lloyd looks great, and so does the goblin. Really cool minifigures. 

I don't think the ghost is Ninjago, he wasn't mentioned in any set description and it doesn't fit in this season aesthetic and. It's probably Hidden Side (side note: it's an awful minifigure, too plain).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That goblin looks really fun, I like how medieval-ly it looks. Hopefully that aesthetic continues into the sets! I'm assuming it will have a more evil-looking alternative face as well. 

I was going to ask if there was any chance the trolls could be bigfigs but have just looked back at the leaked boxes and they all look like normal-sized minifigures (except what looks like two with short legs in the Mino beast and Wu's dragon sets). I guess at least the trolls will be taller than the goblins and with a different skin colour to tell them apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That goblin looks really fun, I like how medieval-ly it looks. Hopefully that aesthetic continues into the sets! I'm assuming it will have a more evil-looking alternative face as well. 

I was going to ask if there was any chance the trolls could be bigfigs but have just looked back at the leaked boxes and they all look like normal-sized minifigures (except what looks like two with short legs in the Mino beast and Wu's dragon sets). I guess at least the trolls will be taller than the goblins and with a different skin colour to tell them apart. 

I personally don't think there are trolls and goblins. The info we have was translated form German and trolls and goblins are fairly similair creatures. But I guess we'll have to wait and see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about this whole “new” medieval-ish approach in Ninjago upcomming season and maybe TLC is going to test its succes and MAYBE acording to sales they wil came up with some proper medieval theme... new Viking and Knigjt in CMF series, new ideas Blacksmith... who knows? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lloyd looks great, and so does the goblin. Really cool minifigures. 

I don't think the ghost is Ninjago, he wasn't mentioned in any set description and it doesn't fit in this season aesthetic and. It's probably Hidden Side (side note: it's an awful minifigure, too plain).

Keep in mind the design for the ghost could be preliminary. Considering many old Lego sets had secret rooms where ghosts and skeletons lurked, it's plausible this could be a token to that. Also, as someone who follows Hidden Side, I doubt it looks like anything that could be in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The purple goblin looks awesome. This series could be great for Castle fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the ghost is meant to represent the classic castle ghost mold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Maybe the ghost is meant to represent the classic castle ghost mold?

Nothing can beat that good old blanket ghost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who ever expected Ninjago to be next castle line? But it is!

 

This is like Ninjago meets Fantasy Era

 

The question is why won't TLG make Fantasy Era (II?) its own thing as a castle theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Who ever expected Ninjago to be next castle line? But it is!

 

This is like Ninjago meets Fantasy Era

 

The question is why won't TLG make Fantasy Era (II?) its own thing as a castle theme?

Name recognition? I mean, just make a castle set and sell it with the castle name, it will sell. But slap the ninjago logo on it and put ninjago characters in it? It will sell like hotcakes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I was thinking about this whole “new” medieval-ish approach in Ninjago upcomming season and maybe TLC is going to test its succes and MAYBE acording to sales they wil came up with some proper medieval theme... new Viking and Knigjt in CMF series, new ideas Blacksmith... who knows? 

That's a nice way to look at it! That could very well be the case.

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The question is why won't TLG make Fantasy Era (II?) its own thing as a castle theme?

Great question. We know the first FE did well enough to last for three years, and they're clearly aware that there's a market for those type of sets. I just hope that they don't think they can shoehorn some medieval stuff into an asian-inspired theme and tell us Castle fans that we're complaining too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The question is why won't TLG make Fantasy Era (II?) its own thing as a castle theme?

They probably want to take advantage of Ninjago's preexisting fanbase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They probably want to take advantage of Ninjago's preexisting fanbase

There's a preexisting Castle fanbase that's been around four times as long that they haven't addressed in close to a decade...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goblin looks like what the Elves goblins could have been if that theme had minifigures.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

The goblin looks like what the Elves goblins could have been if that theme had minifigures.. 

Elves would've been a thousand times better with minifigures instead of minidolls, same with DC Superhero Girls and Dinsey Princess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

Edited by GarmaFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GarmaFan said:

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

I would love to see how Ninjago-Bionicle hybrid would look, or maybe something like the old knights kingdoms set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.