3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I gotta say, I love Zane's Titan Mech! It's on par with Lloyd's Titan mech in terms of detail and I'm really happy it has knees. I know a lot of people are sick of mechs but if they can keep making them at this scale and quality I'll be very happy. I'm also a big Gundam fan and these 2 mechs really feel like Gundam homages in a number of ways and I love it. Heck, just the fact that Zane's has skirt armor on ball joints that can accommodate leg articulation makes me happy because I build a lot of gunpla and that's almost always how it's done on Gundam kits. Honestly getting one mech that looks this good and is this big is worth them leaving out the ghost mech. I always liked Zane's better anyway but I wouldn't say no if they remake the ghost mech later down the line too. 

I completely agree..... its sooo good. its a terrible representation of the 2015 set and I think that's why everyone hates it, but in my opinion its the best mech we've had to date, however, we need to talk about the price. apparently its £45 in the uk? is this a mix up? I would of thought £55 at least, but there is only 4 minifigs, so it could actually be 45. if it is, Jesus Christ lego. 

also, has anyone got confirmation or evidence that there won't be a golden fig in the 4+ electro mech set? I really need to know. if there isn't, then there's 2 minifigs without sets. zane and Nya. I think Nya is gonna be in the over lord dragon and zane in the gardens bc they could put a dr Julian in the gardens and it would all line up. this is speculation tho. im just wondering bc I doubt lego would put a golden minifig in the electro mech, but they might want to try and drive the sales of that set. it sounds like a lego thing to do. any news or confirmation?

I just got the Fire Stone Mech this year (still have to build it) , but will certainly try if it can be modded with knees based on the 2021 mech.

Right now looking forward for the "islanders" season 14 sets.

I say islanders because they would be a nice stand-in to go with 2020 Pirates sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

What are those villains that just leaked? I mean the one with the afro and the caveman beard? WFT is that?

The small one reminds me of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band look hahahahaha

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What are those villains that just leaked? I mean the one with the afro and the caveman beard? WFT is that?

The small one reminds me of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band look hahahahaha

Those are elemental masters from Season 4.

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They're not villains. The one with the afro is Jacob Pevsner, elemental master of sound, and the 'caveman' is Bolobo, elemental master of nature. 

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

ok so the cave man dude is called Bolobo, he's the master of nature and the other dude is called Jacob, he's the master of sound. I thought u meant the new season 14 villains tbh..... I have talked to promo bricks today they said were gonna get a little bit of info on the gardens set, but no pics. hopefully they dont say that they were mistaken and there is no gardens set

edit: this is what they said: 

Highlighted reply
There will be a new video today with info about the Gardens and the dragon. ☺️ I guess the pics will be revealed mid December by Lego themselves because it’s a Lego exclusive for the first months.

Edited by a guy from somewhere
new info? I guess....

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

ok so the cave man dude is called Bolobo, he's the master of nature and the other dude is called Jacob, he's the master of sound. I thought u meant the new season 14 villains tbh..... I have talked to promo bricks today they said were gonna get a little bit of info on the gardens set, but no pics. hopefully they dont say that they were mistaken and there is no gardens set

edit: this is what they said: 

Highlighted reply
There will be a new video today with info about the Gardens and the dragon. ☺️ I guess the pics will be revealed mid December by Lego themselves because it’s a Lego exclusive for the first months.

Promobricks has said that there will be a Golden Wu in the gardens, but no new information or images in the video.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

ok that golden dragon looks, crap. this is definitely not the best legacy wave. lets hope the gardens can save this. the dragon looks terrible. absolutey horrific. oversized head and spindly wings,, ohhhhh mmmyyyyyyy gooooooooddddddddd WHAT HAS LEGO DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

So the Overlord Dragon set just leaked......... and my god does it look awfull :sick:

Agreed it's not the ideal look, but I'm just happy that after 8 years of wanting an Overlord dragon, we finally got him.

Have to agree with others, the dragon is indeed underwhelming. I’ll probably still buy it, depending on how it looks once we see higher resolution images. I do hope it sells well and indicates further demand for legacy villain sets and legacy sets not based on previous sets. 

Well then. I actually like how it looks, and I’m pretty sure it uses a new molded heard piece, that I’m pretty sure is shared with the jungle dragon too. I like hate color scheme, the dark blue adds some more color to an otherwise dark model. I’m also interested in seeing that new overlord minifig, especially in regards to the head and helmet piece. However, I am annoyed by the figure selection, where are those other 2 golden suits going to come from? The fact that there’s only 2 is also underwhelming, at least throw in some stone soldiers or something. I’ll probably get it, especially since I already have the legacy golden dragon.

The Overlord Dragon set looks pretty bad, though I guess I can't fully judge until we got higher resolution pics. If it has some interesting new pieces I might give it a pass, but from the current pictures we have, it looks like a massive letdown. 

Seriously, out of all the Legacy sets, how could LEGO have screwed up exactly the set people were looking forward the most to, of all things? 

8 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

However, I am annoyed by the figure selection, where are those other 2 golden suits going to come from? The fact that there’s only 2 is also underwhelming, at least throw in some stone soldiers or something.

Would've been a great set to throw in an exclusive Overlord-possessed Nya variant

If Golden Wu is in the City Gardens set and the Overlord Dragon has no anniversary figure, where would Zane and Nya be? The summer wave?

So, I saw the sets and well... it's a really disappointing wave. I mean, it will be 10 years of Ninjago and to me, this wave isn't something special or unique. The minifigure selection is bad with exception of few figures (elemental masters). The gimmick of golden minifigures of the main characters doesn't work for me because the figures don't look that great. I would have expected something like the classic Star Wars minifigures of the 20 years anniversary but about the first seasons and not just the last ones. There are sets that look fine like the Zane's mech or the Boulder Blaster but the minifigures just not sell the toy for me.   

Edited by Bloquerto

this legacy wave was a miss. I'm so dang excited for those season 14 sets. Those look cooler then the legacy wave tbh.

Just the wave does not capture the '10 years of Ninjago' for me, like at all.

As long as the Garden is in the same quality as Ninjago City and Docks, all will be redeemed :classic:

8 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

this legacy wave was a miss. I'm so dang excited for those season 14 sets. Those look cooler then the legacy wave tbh.

Just the wave does not capture the '10 years of Ninjago' for me, like at all.

In that sense, I agree, especially in regards as to what designs they chose for the golden suits. They’re all variants from the past 2 years! We should have at least gotten one suit with the original hood piece, since it’s still in production as seen in last year’s gamer market, or maybe the half mask in gold to get the rebooted suit.

Another thing I’m disappointed with, why is ghoultar’s shoulder armor and half mask black? Both those parts exist in dark blue, and would be much more accurate that way, also the inclusion of eyezor twice(maybe 3 with the electro mech) and not even clouse or Chen is ridiculous. 

However, as sets, independent of the 10 years thing, or my other minifig related qualms, they’re nice. I’m most looking forward to the 2 tournament of elements sets, as I regret not getting any back in 2015, the Boulder Blaster especially. I don’t know why, but it always struck me as a cool set, with the shooter function and all. 

9 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

If Golden Wu is in the City Gardens set and the Overlord Dragon has no anniversary figure, where would Zane and Nya be? The summer wave?

zane could be in the gardens with wu, and Nya could be in the electro mech, but its unlikely. im also confused, less there's a new legacy set we haven't seen or heard of yet?

Just now, Bloquerto said:

So, I saw the sets and well... it's a really disappointing wave. I mean, it will be 10 years of Ninjago and to me, this wave isn't somenthing special or unique. The minifigure selection is bad with exception of few figures (elemental masters). The gimmick of golden minifigures of the main characters doesn't work for me because the figures don't look that great. I would have expected something like the classic Star Wars minifigures of the 20 years anniversary but about the first seasons and not just the last ones. There are sets that look fine like the Zane's mech or the Boulder Blaster but the minifigures just not sell the toy for me.   

im fine with the legacy sets, although that x-1 seems to be like marmite. some love it some hate it. I really hate it with a passion though.

40 minutes ago, Modal said:

As long as the Garden is in the same quality as Ninjago City and Docks, all will be redeemed :classic:

I completely agree! #gardenshype!

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Seriously, out of all the Legacy sets, how could LEGO have screwed up exactly the set people were looking forward the most to, of all things? 

They aren't geared toward people. They are geared specifically toward kids.

This is the big disconnect with LEGO Ninjago and fans IMHO. This property has been around for a decade now and many fans/buyers who were kids when it began are adults now.

LEGO is for the most part not meeting their/our needs. Lets hope City Gardens rectifies this with some figures that kids wouldn't find cool but we'd be all over, like Milton Dyer; Dr. Julien; Cyrus Borg; possessed Nya, Gayle Gossip etc.

43 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

In that sense, I agree, especially in regards as to what designs they chose for the golden suits. They’re all variants from the past 2 years! We should have at least gotten one suit with the original hood piece, since it’s still in production as seen in last year’s gamer market, or maybe the half mask in gold to get the rebooted suit.

I disagree about this. The original hood piece is dated. It was a fun touch in the Gamer's Market since it was used for a fig from very early on who had not previously been released, but for these figures it would be weird to get several ninja with good-looking modern hoods and one who gets stuck with one that's straight out of the '90s. Even the earlier Legacy sets had the good sense to replace those with a newer, more detailed hood design. I do agree that the half mask in gold would have probably been nice, maybe for Lloyd who seems to have not gotten a mask at all.

One of the main advantages I see of these variants of the ninja getting more recent hoods, apart from those new hoods looking better in general and the molds remaining in production in the first place, is that the newer ones are dual molded. That means that even in uniforms dominated by gold, the ninja can retain elements of their original color schemes.

I was initially pretty stoked for the Overlord Dragon at first glance as I was really looking forward to its reveal. But when taking a closer look, yeah.... not gonna lie, it's not that great.

There's four aspects that really bothers me. The first would be the dark blue parts (especially at the thighs) - kinda felt out of place for the Overlord color scheme. Though that wouldn't have bothered me if the next two problems didn't exist - The shoulders and wings. With the Overlord Dragon intending to use that shape of wings/arms, it would looks better if the shoulders are much more beefier instead of being ridiculously thin. And the wings...oh boy...why wasn't a plastic wing like Skull Sorcerer's Dragon or Firstbourne used is completely beyond me....

The fourth issue would be the lack of prints/stick for extra texture beside the eyes. I really felt the thighs could've one each. And probably the chest too. The Empire Dragon which is another Black Dragon had stickers which made it looks really good that it makes the Overlord Dragon seem not that great in comparison for that aspect.

Had the shoulders been using a beefier build and the wings redone with a plastic wing, the design could've provide great opportunities to have the dark blue pieces flow nicely and the dragon would've look so much better. I wouldn't be bothered if the set was more expensive as more part has to be used, I'd rather pay more for a great Overlord Dragon since it's something a lot of us has been waiting for.

Though I'll say that I do like the head which looks nice, however...I wish it's toe claws are gold...

So yeah, I'm basically torn between "Holy Sh*t, it's the Overlord Dragon" Stoked and "Aww crud why....?" Disappointed. I like it's silhouette and its color scheme potential as they are really nice, but the build for the wings and shoulders could've been so much better executed than this. This might change when more clearer images are out. Also I do hope the Overlord minifigure could ride the Dragon...similar to Unagami's Empire Dragon as the dragon and minifigure are also the same entity after all.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I'll have to see HD pictures to fully judge Overlord's dragon, but from what I can say the head looks great, while the wings... not so much. Also, only 2 minifigures is a bit disappointing.

I wonder if Golden Nya and Zane will come in summer sets... I mean, they have to, right?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN