Ok looking at her possesion suit. This one is different. Though she should have an older looking face print. 

Probably going to use Queen Halbert's head for Future Nya.

Edited by Takanuinuva

It seems to me based on the leaked catalogue that the jungle dragon has a moulded head instead of a brick-built head. Anyone know if that is how it’s going to be?

also if the jungle dragon has a moulded head does that also mean it’s likely the Legacy Overlords Dragon’s head is moulded rather than brick-built? 

Is it confirmed that the Gardens of Ninjago City is an expansion to the 2 movie sets? The only thing throwing me off is that it’s part of the Legacy collection.

I don’t have the other two sets, though I would love to have the full city. Don’t want to pay the retirement tax though just to find out that this Legacy city is a whole new thing.

11 hours ago, Mr_Leaker_Zed said:

Legacy — January
S14 — March

I thought that the Overlord and City Garden sets were coming out later than the others.

6 hours ago, Modal said:

Is it confirmed that the Gardens of Ninjago City is an expansion to the 2 movie sets? The only thing throwing me off is that it’s part of the Legacy collection.

I don’t have the other two sets, though I would love to have the full city. Don’t want to pay the retirement tax though just to find out that this Legacy city is a whole new thing.

Nothing is confirmed but it simply wouldn't make any sense to release a standalone Ninjago City D2C after the last 2 were made to fit together. The post-Hands of Time version of Ninjago City is partially based on the movie anyway so even if it is Legacy it should still be able to connect to the other 2 sets. 

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nothing is confirmed but it simply wouldn't make any sense to release a standalone Ninjago City D2C after the last 2 were made to fit together. The post-Hands of Time version of Ninjago City is partially based on the movie anyway so even if it is Legacy it should still be able to connect to the other 2 sets. 

I’m new to Ninjago, really only interested in these D2C sets. Is there a quick explanation about what Hands of Time/Legacy/etc actually means? I know the movie didn’t do too well in the box office so I’m assuming they just started a new canon that was separate from what they started with the movies?

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’m new to Ninjago, really only interested in these D2C sets. Is there a quick explanation about what Hands of Time/Legacy/etc actually means? I know the movie didn’t do too well in the box office so I’m assuming they just started a new canon that was separate from what they started with the movies?

Hands of Time is the last season of Ninjago they released before the movie came out and ended with Krux, Acronix and Wu being lost in time. After that season The LEGO Ninjago Movie came out and even though it's a separete universe it affected the look of the show as the looks of the characters and locations etc were all altered to more resemble the movie. In the first season post-TLNM, which is Sons of Garmadon, Cole says the 'lost trio' might have affected or changed something about the timeline without them knowing (breaking the 4th wall because they all look different). 

Legacy is simply the subtheme they use to remake sets from earlier seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hands of Time is the last season of Ninjago they released before the movie came out and ended with Krux, Acronix and Wu being lost in time. After that season The LEGO Ninjago Movie came out and even though it's a separete universe it affected the look of the show as the looks of the characters and locations etc were all altered to more resemble the movie. In the first season post-TLNM, which is Sons of Garmadon, Cole says the 'lost trio' might have affected or changed something about the timeline without them knowing (breaking the 4th wall because they all look different). 

Legacy is simply the subtheme they use to remake sets from earlier seasons. 

That’s really clever and fun haha thank you for the explanation!

looking at Destiny’s Bounty, which has the movie and legacy versions, I feel the movie set is much bigger/more detailed. Is there a reason for this besides it being more affordable? I prefer the movie sets and hope Gardens is in that same realm, which I’m sure it is with the huge piece count ?

13 minutes ago, Modal said:

That’s really clever and fun haha thank you for the explanation!

looking at Destiny’s Bounty, which has the movie and legacy versions, I feel the movie set is much bigger/more detailed. Is there a reason for this besides it being more affordable? I prefer the movie sets and hope Gardens is in that same realm, which I’m sure it is with the huge piece count ?

Besides the differing pricepoints the movie version was a brand new design created for the movie while the Legacy set is based off the first design for the Destiny's Bounty, which dates back to 2011.

Destiny's Bounty | Ninjago Wiki | Fandom 

I’m so conflicted, someone is offering Ninjago City for $500 in-person, which is a great price, but not really in my budget right now. Don’t think I’ll ever find it for that price again though. What to do what to do...

I haven’t really been into Ninjago since the first Legacy wave came out but this new Ninjago City Gardens might be what brings me back in!

3 hours ago, Modal said:

I’m so conflicted, someone is offering Ninjago City for $500 in-person, which is a great price, but not really in my budget right now. Don’t think I’ll ever find it for that price again though. What to do what to do...

In my opinion, Ninjago City is one of the greatest Lego sets of all time. $500 is a lot, and while it may not be as much of a steal as its original retail price, I’d say the value is still there. If you can some adjustments to your budget, then I’d say it’s worth it!

4 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I haven’t really been into Ninjago since the first Legacy wave came out but this new Ninjago City Gardens might be what brings me back in!

In my opinion, Ninjago City is one of the greatest Lego sets of all time. $500 is a lot, and while it may not be as much of a steal as its original retail price, I’d say the value is still there. If you can some adjustments to your budget, then I’d say it’s worth it!

Yea I’m going to go for it. It goes on average for $560 currently, and it’s only going to go up from there. Predicted 2021 value of $660. And with City Gardens coming out I think it’s going to make them even more valuable. 

Will keep it sealed for the mean time, however, so in a way it’s really just an investment but in LEGO currency instead of $$$ :grin:

Okay, am I the only one who's a bit weirded out that Ninjago decided to become Moana-themed? (Is it okay if I post an image?)

35 minutes ago, HRC said:

Okay, am I the only one who's a bit weirded out that Ninjago decided to become Moana-themed? (Is it okay if I post an image?)

Most images are allowed, as long as it isn't a leak or something else that definetely shouldn't be on a forum like this. 

But if you're just referring to the Catamaran set, that hardly makes the theme ''Moana-themed''. Catamarans are pretty common in some parts of the world :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, HRC said:

Austronesian culture covers thousands of years of human history, they were the first to sail the oceans at that scale and distance , it covers an enormous area, from Hawaii to New Zealand, and from Easter Island to Madagascar.

Certainly isn't based on Disney, Moana is based on Polynesia of course, but history goes so much further then that.

LEGO had Islanders in the 90s as well.

I don't think it's that weird to have a spin-off fantasy version via Ninjago.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

That new lloyd suit is wack mcjaggers

is he supposed to be a biker or a distopian islander?

Yes.

14 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Is he supposed to be a biker or a distopian islander?

Well, in the context of this season he’s both. 

Oooh, the minifig leaks have begun! I’m liking the more disheveled look, also the hair piece and the faceprint with face paint. Also, the combo of the dark body and legs with bright arms is a new combo, I think. I’m excited to see the rest (as well as the islanders)!

On 10/20/2020 at 2:14 PM, Guyon2002 said:

But if you're just referring to the Catamaran set, that hardly makes the theme ''Moana-themed''. Catamarans are pretty common in some parts of the world :def_shrug:

On 10/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, TeriXeri said:

Austronesian culture covers thousands of years of human history, they were the first to sail the oceans at that scale and distance , it covers an enormous area, from Hawaii to New Zealand, and from Easter Island to Madagascar.

Certainly isn't based on Disney, Moana is based on Polynesia of course, but history goes so much further then that.

LEGO had Islanders in the 90s as well.

I don't think it's that weird to have a spin-off fantasy version via Ninjago.

r/whooosh.

I was introduced to catamarans from the Moana movie. I was trying to do a pop-culture reference. (Ninjago -> Catamaran -> Moana) Like a figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally. No, I don't think Ninjago is doing a Moana crossover. I just thought it was interesting and unique that Ninjago went island themed. 

1 minute ago, HRC said:

r/whooosh.

I was introduced to catamarans from the Moana movie. I was trying to do a pop-culture reference. (Ninjago -> Catamaran -> Moana) Like a figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally. No, I don't think Ninjago is doing a Moana crossover. I just thought it was interesting and unique that Ninjago went island themed. 

1. r/whooosh-ing is very childish, we're all adults here.

2. In order to r/whooosh someone it has to be clear that your original post was a joke. Your comment was neither sarcastic nor was it clear that it shouldn't have been taken literally. If you want to say that you think it's interesting that Ninjago is taking the Islandes approach just say that, not some kind of stupid joke that isn't even close to funny.