Well that's a first and also really annoying. All but one of the Master of the Mountain sets are available to buy on Lego.com

The one that isn't is Spinjitzu Burst Lloyd. One of the sets I wanted. 

Any reason why? This feels like they just forgot to update it rather than it not being available. 

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Well that's a first and also really annoying. All but one of the Master of the Mountain sets are available to buy on Lego.com

The one that isn't is Spinjitzu Burst Lloyd. One of the sets I wanted. 

Any reason why? This feels like they just forgot to update it rather than it not being available. 

No idea why lego.com isn't selling it, but I have seen and heard that multiple stores aren't selling it either. I wonder if there was a bad batch on the lloyd figure printing or something where they had to hold up all production to a later date?

Edited by azog

I don't want to be annoying, but could someone who ownes the skull sorcerer's Dragon set maybe scan one of the wings for me with a ruler next to it?

I'd love to build a custom Balrog and would like to make similar wings for him without boneprints but the quite similar shape.

With Kind regards,

Gorilla

14 hours ago, azog said:

No idea why lego.com isn't selling it, but I have seen and heard that multiple stores aren't selling it either. I wonder if there was a bad batch on the lloyd figure printing or something where they had to hold up all production to a later date?

Ugh really. That's going to be annoying when my Walmart gets the sets in. I might just cave in and buy from overseas.

I'm pretty newly back into Lego this year, and was really impressed by Ninjago City. Even more annoyed when I realized that sets like that double in price once retired. And gutted that I missed it by only a few months. Anyway, with the new Gardens set next year, what are the chances of Ninjago City being rereleased with the gardens, or an I doomed to trawling the secondary seller sites?

Edited by RichardGoring

3 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm pretty newly back into Lego this year, and was really impressed by Ninjago City. Even more annoyed when I realized that sets like that double in price once retired. And gutted that I missed it by only a few months. Anyway, with the new Gardens set next year, what are the chances of Ninjago City being rereleased with the gardens, or an I doomed to trawling the secondary seller sites?

Those chances are pretty much zero, so you'll have to keep checking the aftermarket I guess :def_shrug:

Richard I'm in the same boat! Rediscovered my passion for Lego during COVID times. I bit the bullet and paid to get both City and Docks during the pandemic; I figure they'll only continue to stay at current price or even go up once more people find out about Gardens.

Sigh. Thanks. I thought as much, but worth checking. Will keep looking then. Currently thoroughly enjoying what I have, so no major rush.

Has anybody in the U.S. seen the new Ninjago sets at stores like Target or Wal-Mart? I've been doing a lot of my Lego shopping online lately but my sister's girlfriend is visiting and I wanted to try to get the Legacy Destiny's Bounty for them to build together before she leaves next week, so I'm not sure whether I'd be able to get it on time if I ordered it. A couple days ago I checked Wal-Mart to see if they had it yet, but it didn't look like they had many newer Ninjago or Hidden Side sets at all, so I was wondering if they were planning to put the new sets on shelves at the start of this month since that was technically when they were delayed to (even though online they've been available since the 24th of last month).

I'm gonna be on the road some today and will probably check Wal-Mart again but it'd be helpful to know if anyone else from the U.S. has had any luck finding them in physical stores in their area.

25 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Has anybody in the U.S. seen the new Ninjago sets at stores like Target or Wal-Mart? I've been doing a lot of my Lego shopping online lately but my sister's girlfriend is visiting and I wanted to try to get the Legacy Destiny's Bounty for them to build together before she leaves next week, so I'm not sure whether I'd be able to get it on time if I ordered it. A couple days ago I checked Wal-Mart to see if they had it yet, but it didn't look like they had many newer Ninjago or Hidden Side sets at all, so I was wondering if they were planning to put the new sets on shelves at the start of this month since that was technically when they were delayed to (even though online they've been available since the 24th of last month).

I'm gonna be on the road some today and will probably check Wal-Mart again but it'd be helpful to know if anyone else from the U.S. has had any luck finding them in physical stores in their area.

I’ve only seen the smaller sets at Walmart (one Walmart had the fire-stone mech and that’s the biggest of anything that showed up)

targets have been stocking them consistently though in my area, all of them have atleast most of the sets. 

On 8/30/2020 at 10:58 PM, Umbrage82 said:

Richard I'm in the same boat! Rediscovered my passion for Lego during COVID times. I bit the bullet and paid to get both City and Docks during the pandemic; I figure they'll only continue to stay at current price or even go up once more people find out about Gardens.

And for anyone that follows the secondary market, does $450 for Ninjago City seem reasonable? I know it's more on Bricklink. Anyone tracked the eBay auction prices (roughly)? I suppose it's also about low availability.

I wouldn't be too worried about it.   "Top selling themes" tend to fluctuate a lot.

The really weird thing is why a privately held company releases reports like that at all.   Maybe it's a Danish thing.

Edited by CopperTablet

12 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

So anyone know how the game is played?

Here's a link to where you can download the game guide on the Ninjago website: https://www.lego.com/r/www/r/portals/-/media/campaigns/kids/ninjago/choose-the-path/play-guides/ninjago_howtoplayguide_2hy20_v4_en_en_online.pdf?l.r=-1528996664

Speaking of which, I hate the new website... took me forever to find the page it was on, eventually had to find my own copy I had downloaded earlier to google for the correct page to download it on. I know I'm not really the target audience for the kids side of Lego.com, but even so it's kind of a web design nightmare for me.

Following the silhouette leak a few weeks ago, was kinda hoping to see even a grainy image of Ninjago City Gardens by now.

23 hours ago, Lego David said:

TLG just released their financial report for the first half of this year, and similar to how it was last year, Ninjago hasn't been listed as a top selling theme.

https://brickset.com/article/53604/the-lego-group-delivers-double-digit-growth-during-1h-2020

That's great news.Maybe this will give the chance for more action themes to be made that are not Ninjago clone.

Edited by LOTR34

13 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Following the silhouette leak a few weeks ago, was kinda hoping to see even a grainy image of Ninjago City Gardens by now.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Promobricks has the image and wants to keep it as a silhouette to deter bad actors from counterfeiting the set.

I did look at some Ninjago City MOCs and Rebrickable listings and couldn't find anything that matched the silhouette at all, so they didn't just take someone's MOC and try to pass it off as a real set.

23 hours ago, CopperTablet said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that Promobricks has the image and wants to keep it as a silhouette to deter bad actors from counterfeiting the set.

Where would they have got the image from though? If it wasn’t an inside TLG source, there’s no way it wouldn’t have leaked elsewhere by now.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:46 PM, Umbrage82 said:

@RichardGoring I can tell you I paid much more; 450 is definitely low side of prices I’ve seen recently for new 

Thanks. Picked it up tonight. Looking forward to seeing the gardens to go with it.