Keep your eyes peeled residents of Ninjago city! My local Walmart just put all the season 13 sets on clearance. The smallest ones like the burst were $8 and other sets like the dragon and fire stone mech were $20 off!

3 hours ago, azog said:

Keep your eyes peeled residents of Ninjago city! My local Walmart just put all the season 13 sets on clearance. The smallest ones like the burst were $8 and other sets like the dragon and fire stone mech were $20 off!

On clearance already? But they barely released like a couple of days ago! How can they go on clearance already?

20 minutes ago, Lego David said:

On clearance already? But they barely released like a couple of days ago! How can they go on clearance already?

Yeah I was confused too, it could just be my Walmart. But they also had the Harry Potter astronomy tower, star wars knights of ren ship, and some creator sets all discounted! Sadly no legacy sets though.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Journey to the Dungeons was like €15 for weeks in NL/Germany right after it's release while it's a €25-30 set , so it does happen that new sets can go on sale fast.

Some sets go on sale faster then others, even within the same wave of sets, Mino Beast and Fire Stone Mech have smaller % discount here compared to the rest.

But then there are themes like Monkie Kid with no sale at all as it's LEGO exclusive.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 8/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Generic Stud said:

It’s pretty crazy that we’re getting like 3 of the biggest sets ever within a few months of each other. I really doubt people are going to be able to keep up 

Definitely me. Just the few on my radar now...Harry Potter Diagon Alley, the Ninjago D2C, Winter Village set, Modular...then I’d like to get the Hidden Side Castle, Monkie Kid Warrior Mech. A lot of other stuff is going to take a hit for these other big ticket sets. 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:03 AM, Mr_Leaker_Zed said:

A little updateDxuwcCdr3SQ.jpg

Thanks, man! Yup, that's me. @Terrasher

To clarify, yes, I've heard 5685 pieces, and January remains most likely, at least for the anniversary. ?

Edited by Azani

My youngest son and I built the skull dragon set.  I really like the dragon and agree with most people that the lack of mobility with the wings is a negative but overall the set is great.  The dragon looks fantastic and is quite bulky.  My son had a great time building his and just finished it today.  He is now comparing it to his other Ninjago dragons.  We both had a great time building the dragon and it was fun watching him fly his dragon around and see if it would beat the Ulta dragon or his ice dragon.  We both want to get more sets maybe this weekend.

2 hours ago, Thieda said:

So is it confirmed that the D2C is coming out in January?

I think that depends on your definition of "confirmed".  There has been no official announcement by LEGO of this set or even some kind of teaser.  Several sources have claimed a large number of details regarding this set but I don't think I'll consider anything confirmed until I see the official release date.     

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Wait, so Lego are doing 2 D2C on January? The modulars always release on January

I do remember the UCS Slave 1 releasing the same day as Detective’s Office, so they have released big ticket sets on the same day. But I don’t remember them doing so in more recent years. And I saw a picture with the silhouette of the set that said spring 2021. 

9 hours ago, Merlo said:

So what exactly is different with D2C sets?

Mostly size. Technically "D2C" refers to any set that is sold "direct to consumer" by Lego (including even smaller Lego-exclusive sets and gifts with purchase), but among the fan community it's usually used primarily to refer to those largest sets that are sold directly from Lego such as the modular buildings, Winter Village sets, and UCS Star Wars sets among others. Ninjago has had two big D2C sets so far: the Temple of Airjitzu from 2015 and Ninjago City from 2017. Ninjago City Docks from 2018, while comparable in size to those other two sets, was not actually a D2C set since it was sold through other retailers as well.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Ninjago has had two big D2C sets so far: the Temple of Airjitzu from 2015 and Ninjago City from 2017. Ninjago City Docks from 2018, while comparable in size to those other two sets, was not actually a D2C set since it was sold through other retailers as well.

Thank you! I hope "directly from Lego" means you will still be able to find it in official Lego stores, just not in other stores, rather than that it will only be available on Lego.com? :) Because I had no trouble buying Ninjago City when it came out. In fact, enough stores had it that after a while I managed to snatch one at a discount.

6 hours ago, Merlo said:

Thank you! I hope "directly from Lego" means you will still be able to find it in official Lego stores, just not in other stores, rather than that it will only be available on Lego.com? :) Because I had no trouble buying Ninjago City when it came out. In fact, enough stores had it that after a while I managed to snatch one at a discount.

Yes, Lego Brand Retail stores and Lego.com both get D2C sets. They just typically won't show up on shelves at other non-Lego owned retailers like Target, Walmart, or others.

12 hours ago, Merlo said:

hank you! I hope "directly from Lego" means you will still be able to find it in official Lego stores, just not in other stores, rather than that it will only be available on Lego.com? :) Because I had no trouble buying Ninjago City when it came out. In fact, enough stores had it that after a while I managed to snatch one at a discount.

Lyichir covered this one pretty well, but "LEGO Direct" nearly always means that the kit in question will be available through LEGO certified stores in the countries in which said shops can be found, including South Africa and most states in Eastern Europe. A number of kits that are labeled as "D2C or "LEGO Direct" will also end up at major big-box retailers such as Walmart and Target within a few years of initial release, depending on stock availability and popularity. :)

Nice! Just imagine the look on of my face if I was able to buy City and Docks, but not Gardens... :)

I imagine all the Hidden Side ghost pieces will be reused here

I wonder if this piece could reappear here

The Harbinger - LEGO Hidden Side Characters - LEGO.com for kids - US

Edited by Robert8

13 hours ago, Ninja_whip said:

Possession Legacy coming...

Cant wait....

Wonder what the remade deepstone suits will look like!.

hype

"Tournament suits were mixed with the rebooted suits" apparently

But its too early for skybound sets so they wont be making an amalgamation of the possession/skybound suits.

Edited by Gangikhan448

would they ever do a ninjago advent calendar? It would likely be mostly micro builds of past vehicles, but I thinks its plausible and could be interesting