The author of the article at promobricks stated that the left part (presumably on a 16x32 baseplate) looks a lot like the (disqualified) Japanes tea garden layout from the IDEAS platform. Think this set will be awesome!

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd love to see that if you have some pictures!

Sure, I can share. Fair warning, there’s a lot of exposed baseplate, I’ve been meaning for about a year to get around to ordering a bunch of trans-blue 1x2s to cover it all up but I only have so much money . . give me a few. 

Here's a few shots of my whole Docks area. There're a few rough patches, I'm currently renovating this entire section of my layout (and looking at it more closely I'm noticing a few little issues I meant to fix but forgot about) but I'm very happy with it overall. And the entire upper level comes away as one whole subassembly! (Oh, and I grabbed the arcade machine out of the Empire Temple of Madness, but there wasn't room for it in the arcade, so it's kind of just permanently 'being delivered'.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50231935456/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50232155862/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50232161222/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50232162097/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50231303323/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50231941511/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189586176@N07/50231305908/in/dateposted-public/

(I was really hoping it would embed the images, sorry . .)

13 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I dont get it why they released it 3 yrs after last set... It will be useless for those without previous sets. This is a big flaw.

I think the only flaw here is you selling off the two previous sets. How could you?!  :blush: In my and many others eyes these twi is the greatest modular-ish sets ever!

I for one am so hyped for the possibility of a new addition to the ninjago modular buildings. Have the city, docks and kept waiting for a new addition. This will be epic if true 

17 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Hope not. I sold both of my NC sets last yer to make more space on shelf for modulars and rumored DG. If NC gardens is true, I will regret it for my entire life :/

Rip 

The summer line fo sets are starting to appear at Walmarts. My Walmart in Colorado had the kai fighter and some of the smaller season 13 sets

6 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I wonder which villains will be in this set, because the other two had Garmadon and the Shark Army.

I really doubt this will be branded as Ninjago Movie. TLNM underperformed and pretty much killed the WB LEGO movies.

I doubt TLG wants to bring that back. 

I think it will be just a Ninjago D2C that will happen to connect with the Ninjago City set, but of course will work as set on its own

I imagine this set will be like 70751 Temple of Airjitzu, with no villains at all

Edited by Robert8

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I really doubt this will be branded as Ninjago Movie. TLNM underperformed and pretty much killed the WB LEGO movies.

I doubt TLG wants to bring that back

I mean, the TLNM did underperform at the box office, but at the same time, Ninjago was one of the best selling themes of 2017 and 2018 because of the movie. 

So while it may have not made a whole lot of money as a movie, TLNM certianly worked as an advertisment for the sets. So I wouldn't surprised if TLG brought it back honestly.

23 minutes ago, Generic Stud said:

Wait, so it's coming jan 2021? Could you give me a citation? 

Looks like it's from an Instagram account called detective azani, who then thanks promobricks...

So is it really an update? Or just taking the best-case-scenario bits of information from Promobricks (300-400$, 3000-4000pcs, spring 2021)?

I have to say... 2 modulars coming next Jan does sound odd

Edited by Robert8

I knew I’d be kicking myself for not getting either the city or the docks. Now they’re way too expensive everywhere I look. At the time though I couldn’t justify the price.

3 hours ago, Generic Stud said:

Wait, so it's coming jan 2021? Could you give me a citation? 

It’s a post from a azani’s Instagram it’s not his post

8 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Here's a few shots of my whole Docks area. There're a few rough patches, I'm currently renovating this entire section of my layout (and looking at it more closely I'm noticing a few little issues I meant to fix but forgot about) but I'm very happy with it overall. And the entire upper level comes away as one whole subassembly! (Oh, and I grabbed the arcade machine out of the Empire Temple of Madness, but there wasn't room for it in the arcade, so it's kind of just permanently 'being delivered'.

Looks neat!

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Looks like it's from an Instagram account called detective azani, who then thanks promobricks...

So is it really an update? Or just taking the best-case-scenario bits of information from Promobricks (300-400$, 3000-4000pcs, spring 2021)?

At least one thing is true

Ninjawhip in his discord server said this:
"Spring I think is wrong
January I'm pretty sure is correct"

__sqgz9N8j4.jpg

13 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Sure, I can share. Fair warning, there’s a lot of exposed baseplate, I’ve been meaning for about a year to get around to ordering a bunch of trans-blue 1x2s to cover it all up but I only have so much money . . give me a few. 

I’m, as well as a friend, still hoping those 1x2’s show up on the PaB Wall. I did end up getting a small cup of darker trans blue tiles, which don’t look so bad as farther out water. I was lucky enough to find about 150-200 trans blue tiles at a local second hand LEGO store, so I have a decent amount of extra water. But I feel your pain...

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I doubt TLG wants to bring that back. 

I think it will be just a Ninjago D2C that will happen to connect with the Ninjago City set, but of course will work as set on its own

I imagine this set will be like 70751 Temple of Airjitzu, with no villains at all

But it could’ve translated well to set sales? Wouldn’t that be a better motivator than the movie itself for branding a set under that? A friend of mine never saw the show, but did the movie. He has nearly all the Movie sets now, if not all of them. I’ve also seen a number of comments over the years of people who have no interest in the theme but still own City(and quite likely Docks). 

Regardless, going off the description, it’s definitely meant to connect as it has the same watery area. 

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I’m, as well as a friend, still hoping those 1x2’s show up on the PaB Wall. I did end up getting a small cup of darker trans blue tiles, which don’t look so bad as farther out water. I was lucky enough to find about 150-200 trans blue tiles at a local second hand LEGO store, so I have a decent amount of extra water. But I feel your pain...

But it could’ve translated well to set sales? Wouldn’t that be a better motivator than the movie itself for branding a set under that? A friend of mine never saw the show, but did the movie. He has nearly all the Movie sets now, if not all of them. I’ve also seen a number of comments over the years of people who have no interest in the theme but still own City(and quite likely Docks). 

Regardless, going off the description, it’s definitely meant to connect as it has the same watery area. 

Lucky . . so far I’ve just been scrounging 1x2s and 1x4s from wherever I can, like the WV Fire Station and the Dragon Boat Race . . still, based on the leaked description the Gardens will come with a ‘secondary’ side build that consists of an island garden on a 16x32. I’ll probably be able to modify that and use the plates and tiles from there to cover at least some of my exposed baseplate area, so that’ll help. 

16 hours ago, Generic Stud said:

Yeah, the could also mean we could get zane’s new hair piece in silver!

I was thinking of it being more along the scale of the Giant Man/Ares/Hp Troll large scale figure, but a minifig could work too! Sadly, based on the description of the set from what people have said, it seems like it's going in a different direction than direct TV show adaptation (which I'm totally fine with; the city in seasons 1-7 was pretty bland tbh and only had an extreme Ninjago Movie makeover in seasons 8-10). 

5685 pieces apparently. That’s absolutely insane to me, that in the span of 5 months we’re getting 3 LEGO sets with 5000+ pieces while only 4 have existed at all before 2020. 

Holy shmokes. 5600+ pieces? Again reported by Promobricks, so I trust this is true. I can't wait to see what TLG has come up with. If it's 300USD/EURO, I'm hoping for 400CAD.

So the sets have finally updated from coming soon. To coming soon on August 24th. That's better than waiting till September.

I did see all of this new wave in Target this morning. 

As to the latest on the D2C...damn. It’s going to be quite a bit bigger than City...and now it’s saying Spring 2021...that’s not January. Which I’m happy about, dropping money on the Modular will be enough for that month. 

It’s pretty crazy that we’re getting like 3 of the biggest sets ever within a few months of each other. I really doubt people are going to be able to keep up 

Edited by Generic Stud

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

5685 pieces apparently. That’s absolutely insane to me, that in the span of 5 months we’re getting 3 LEGO sets with 5000+ pieces while only 4 have existed at all before 2020. 

Gosh, LEGO really should slow down from releasing so many huge sets... Most people won't be able to keep it up.