1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Hope not. I sold both of my NC sets last yer to make more space on shelf for modulars and rumored DG. If NC gardens is true, I will regret it for my entire life :/

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's not rumor, no. It's confirmed that this set will be released 100% sure. If you don't believe me, ask @Ninja_whip

Edited by Mr_Leaker_Zed

Target has the sets online. But doesn't ship internationally anymore. :hmpf_bad: Guess I'll have to wait till September as I will not pay expensive shipping to get them from overseas. 

Not sure if this new Ninjago City expansion is true or not. As many have pointed out, it would be very weird to release another set branded under the LEGO Ninjago Movie 2.5 years after the last one. If it's indeed happening, it would probably be branded under Ninjago Legacy. 

Then again, at one point there was a rumor about a D2C Ninjago Borg's Tower set that never happened, so this being just another fake rumor wouldn't be impossible either. 

Edited by Lego David

3 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Not sure if this new Ninjago City expansion is true or not. As many have pointed out, it would be very weird to release another set branded under the LEGO Ninjago Movie 2.5 years after the last one. If it's indeed happening, it would probably be branded under Ninjago Legacy. 

Then again, at one point there was a rumor about a D2C Ninjago Borg's Tower set that never happened, so this being just another fake rumor wouldn't be impossible either. 

Ninjawhip said it will be brender under Legacy, not Ninjago Movie. 

Edited by Mr_Leaker_Zed

I'm really excited for this set, especially if its based off the show, because that gives the possibility of getting expansions like Borg Tower and The Emperor's Castle.

I dont get it why they released it 3 yrs after last set... It will be useless for those without previous sets. This is a big flaw.

20 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I dont get it why they released it 3 yrs after last set... It will be useless for those without previous sets. This is a big flaw.

I don't have previous parts (but I will), but I doubt it will be useless for me

12 minutes ago, Mr_Leaker_Zed said:

I don't have previous parts (but I will), but I doubt it will be useless for me

Both of the sets are retired already. If they werent it would be just fine.

It’s possible that the ability to combine this set with the others could have been an after thought. Just because you can combine it with others doesn’t necessarily mean that it was created with that purpose in mind.

29 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I don't think that has negatively impacted other long running themes like the Creator Modular buildings or the Winter Village.  

12 minutes ago, GarmadonFan said:

I don't think that has negatively impacted other long running themes like the Creator Modular buildings or the Winter Village.  

Exactly. I seriously don't think it's a huge deal that the other 2 sets are retired. City Docks and NInjago city are bot great sets by themselves and I can only imaging this trend will continue with the garden.

Ninjago City Docks still looks great on it's own so I definetely wouldn't say this set will be ''useless'' without the other 2

you still can buy them somewhere. At Ebay or Amazon. Or even at store. My store still have ninjago city docks

1 hour ago, GarmadonFan said:

In fairness the production run of the average WV set is three years and Modulars last as long as five. 
But I’m definitely looking forward to this ‘garden’. I’m sceptical, sure, but it sounds exciting. I couldn’t afford the original Ninjago City a couple of years back, but I managed to get the Docks on a discount, and I’ve heavily modified and expanded it. (Mine now stretches across three baseplates and features a much larger pontoon with a loading bay for trucks, a craft shop, a fast food joint, a tiny police station, and, ironically, a garden.) Now I’m very happy with myself for preserving the modularity even though I thought the line was over. Can’t wait to see and get these Gardens!

If indeed the rumours are true, can someone supply a picture if this garden from the TV show? I'm assuming that's where it was inspired from? 

Thanks in advance! 

So hyped for this set; never would have imagined them ever revisiting the Ninjago City D2Cs but I guess the 10th anniversary of the theme is the best time to do it! Given that it’s Legacy, I wonder if we will get a Zane statue in the park...

18 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

If indeed the rumours are true, can someone supply a picture if this garden from the TV show? I'm assuming that's where it was inspired from? 

Thanks in advance! 

Promobricks has a silhouette up. Which is decidedly interesting. Unfortunately, no, it doesn’t seem to have been inspired by anything that existed in the TV show. 

I think the most interesting part is that this Garden is actually comprised of two models that can be separated; the actual garden, built on a 16x32 baseplate and significantly shorter than the city, and the ‘city block’, on a 32x32. Which is interesting and awesome and just about perfect for my city, really. I foresee the main model being in the same vein of the original city with a lot of buildings and businesses stacked on top of one another, and then the ‘garden’ is more like an ‘island park’ of sorts. 
Now I’m curious if the city block is going to be a straight or a corner like the original Ninjago City. 

Here; I’ve translated the semi-official description from Promobricks.

As you can see, the set consists of two parts. In our estimation, it is a 16 × 32 and a 32 × 32 studded base plate. As with the previous models, these are equipped with many blue, transparent 1 × 2 tiles that are supposed to represent water. On the smaller of the two panels there is a red pagoda with black, curved roofs. You can also see a kind of small bridge and lots of green.

On the larger slab there are two buildings that are reminiscent of towers. Both are rather small in size, but are each at least five stories high. The space between them on the base plate is again filled with 1 × 2 tiles. The floors are designed in different colors, so there are white, beige, red, green and yellow exterior facades.

The towers are connected to one another via the second and third floors. On the right, larger tower there is also a turquoise-colored structure with a dark spire. Furthermore, a tree climbs up the front of this tower. There is a Japanese cherry tree on the left tower.

At least 19 minifigures are included in the set, including loads of Ninjago City residents, including the ninjas Kai and Zane.

Idle speculation; if there’s a Zane minifigure included and seventeen civilians . .  could we finally get a Dr. Julian minifigure?

I wonder which villains will be in this set, because the other two had Garmadon and the Shark Army.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I wonder which villains will be in this set, because the other two had Garmadon and the Shark Army.

If the villain included isn’t Fugi-Dove, I say we riot.

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really hope this rumor is true- the original Ninjago City sets are two of my favorites, and I never thought we’d get another expansion! There’s a lot of detail in Promobricks’ description and it’s awesome to see a silhouette of it. I haven’t heard about it being Legacy or not,  but I do think it would be weird to randomly drop a giant Ninjago Movie set 2.5 years after the last one released. I’m not complaining, though. And I’m glad we know about it so far in advance so I have time to save up :laugh:

Agreed. Both of those sets are fantastic, two of the best for sure. I was always hoping we’d see more. This is very, very welcomed news. But man, after Diagon Alley, the recovery is going to be rough.*huh*

14 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Agreed. Both of those sets are fantastic, two of the best for sure. I was always hoping we’d see more. This is very, very welcomed news. But man, after Diagon Alley, the recovery is going to be rough.*huh*

I’m not going to be able to get Diagon Alley . . a fifty-five-hundred piece set consisting of nine separate buildings and forty-five minifigures (if the leaks are accurate)? Budget concerns aside where would I even put it? Ninjago City Gardens is going to make me feel a lot better about not getting Diagon Alley. (Though I do hope they maybe make a follow-up set with one or two extra shops next year, I could afford something like that.)

1 minute ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’m not going to be able to get Diagon Alley . . a fifty-five-hundred piece set consisting of nine separate buildings and forty-five minifigures (if the leaks are accurate)? Budget concerns aside where would I even put it? Ninjago City Gardens is going to make me feel a lot better about not getting Diagon Alley. (Though I do hope they maybe make a follow-up set with one or two extra shops next year, I could afford something like that.)

45 minifigs...that has to be incorrect. I haven’t heard any definitive number, but the majority assumption is in the 17-20 range. I hear ya on space, the length of DA is going to be 4 Modulars...that’s insane. But there’s some sets I will buy even though I’m already tight on space. By tight I mean it’s pretty much non existent at this point. :grin: DA is a definite buy as I’m a massive HP fan. And this Ninjago Gardens set. I just can’t resist it. Not after building City & Docks(and reading the above description). 

Other themes will have to take a hit in favor of those two sets, but I feel it’ll be worth it. 

If the set will be anything like the previous ones I'll be camping outside of the shop to get it. The City+Docks are both showstoppers as display sets and some of the most fun I've had building Lego sets.

And that's coming from someone who couldn't care less about the Ninjago theme, not even after having to watch the cartoons.

9 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I couldn’t afford the original Ninjago City a couple of years back, but I managed to get the Docks on a discount, and I’ve heavily modified and expanded it. (Mine now stretches across three baseplates and features a much larger pontoon with a loading bay for trucks, a craft shop, a fast food joint, a tiny police station, and, ironically, a garden.) Now I’m very happy with myself for preserving the modularity even though I thought the line was over. Can’t wait to see and get these Gardens!

I'd love to see that if you have some pictures!

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

So hyped for this set; never would have imagined them ever revisiting the Ninjago City D2Cs but I guess the 10th anniversary of the theme is the best time to do it! Given that it’s Legacy, I wonder if we will get a Zane statue in the park...

Yeah, the could also mean we could get zane’s new hair piece in silver!