3 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Which store might this be?

The LEGO store in Bellevue, Washington (in the US).

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

The LEGO store in Bellevue, Washington (in the US).

Whoops! I meant which Bricklink store in Germany you had ordered from before and were going to order the S13 sets from :)  Thanks!

3 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Whoops! I meant which Bricklink store in Germany you had ordered from before and were going to order the S13 sets from :)  Thanks!

Gotcha no worries - it’s called Steinchenwelt and I already placed an order for the entire wave of sets - there were great deals to be had with the Firestone Mech at 48 euros, Kai Fighter at 27, Skull Dungeon at 69, Skull Dragon at 54, Destiny’s Bounty at 90, etc, so it was worth it for me because even with 100 euros shipping to my state, it was a significant discount compared to how much I’d have to pay retail, plus 10% state tax.

25 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Gotcha no worries - it’s called Steinchenwelt and I already placed an order for the entire wave of sets - there were great deals to be had with the Firestone Mech at 48 euros, Kai Fighter at 27, Skull Dungeon at 69, Skull Dragon at 54, Destiny’s Bounty at 90, etc, so it was worth it for me because even with 100 euros shipping to my state, it was a significant discount compared to how much I’d have to pay retail, plus 10% state tax.

I've got 8.5% tax so I'm going to take a look.

Edit: I rolled the dice and placed the order. Did the math and even with shipping at $100+ it would still be less than regular retail.

Oddly enough Kai's Fighter was sold out.

Edited by bricksnator

I would order from there. But I want to wait till June to see if they come out in the Lego Store.

As I already made an overseas order in March and it still hasn't arrived. So ordering from Canada might mitigate some of the delay from the virus.

19 hours ago, bricksnator said:

I've got 8.5% tax so I'm going to take a look.

Edit: I rolled the dice and placed the order. Did the math and even with shipping at $100+ it would still be less than regular retail.

Oddly enough Kai's Fighter was sold out.

4 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I would order from there. But I want to wait till June to see if they come out in the Lego Store.

As I already made an overseas order in March and it still hasn't arrived. So ordering from Canada might mitigate some of the delay from the virus.

Yeah, last year it came in around 10 days so I'm hopeful for it to take a similar time this year, except who knows with the current climate in the US coupled with coronavirus if shipments get delayed. I was also thinking of maybe waiting till June 1, but I've seen no evidence towards the fact that they may come out June 1 in the US (and plus, they were overall much cheaper anyways than buying it retail on June 1), so I went with the store again.

Well I plan on buying the Skull Sorcereor's Dragon and Spinjitzu Burst Lloyd. So I might get free shipping from Lego.

Edit: Looking at the Lego Store. I'd be paying 100 for just the dragon. And the bricklink store is much cheaper. Gonna go with that option. 

Says they ship worldwide but not to Canada? 

Even more bizarre. One of their feedbacks is from Canada from January. 

Found why. Would have to be shipped via boat which would take a long time.

Edited by Takanuinuva

In the Netherlands the new sets were all in the Lego Store on June 1st.

Does anyone have their hands on Wu’s Dragon, the Dungeon, or Zane’s Mino Creature yet? I have an idea cooking about combining the new goblin colour of elf ears with heads like Widowmaker’s or Taserface’s or the minifigure version of Thanos’ to make custom ‘night elf’ figures for my fantasy layout (I am not doing anything with Taserface or that version of Thanos right now and the Tracer vs. Widowmaker set is still available for only $20 around here.), but I’m not totally certain whether they’re the same colour. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Okay so I’m an idiot and Widowmaker is actually a different colour to Thanos and Tassrface. Which one do the goblins match, ‘Lavender’ or ‘Medium Lavender’?

So, um, I’m not sure where to post about this, but there’s a new leaked set that’s some kind of Ninjago-themed Legoland ride.

It’s cute! I can’t remember seeing LEGO blend themes like this before, ever, but I like it! There’s a lot of exclusive either prints or stickers (possibly both), and some nice builds. I’m just not sure whether to put it into my amusement park or my monastery. 

I think my favourite part is the ‘Green Ninja’ shirt that the child  in the set is wearing. It looks vaguely familiar, I’m not sure whether it’s new or if it appeared in maybe Ninjago City or something. But I’ll be excited to have it! Can’t wait to get this set . . now I kinda want to see about getting some of the other Legoland sets that I’ve been passing on up til now. 

On 5/31/2020 at 1:59 PM, legozebra said:

Yeah, last year it came in around 10 days so I'm hopeful for it to take a similar time this year, except who knows with the current climate in the US coupled with coronavirus if shipments get delayed. I was also thinking of maybe waiting till June 1, but I've seen no evidence towards the fact that they may come out June 1 in the US (and plus, they were overall much cheaper anyways than buying it retail on June 1), so I went with the store again.

Let us know when yours arrive. Mine are on the way but still in the Germany export parcel center.

LMAO the kids shooting at the snake villain (forgot his name)

LEGOLAND-Ninjago-World-40429.jpgLEGOLAND-Ninjago-World-40429-7.jpgLEGOLAND-Ninjago-World-40429-3.jpgLEGOLAND-Ninjago-World-40429-6.jpg

Love it!

They should have included a Ninjago character, like Lloyd or Garmadon doing a meet and greet

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

the snake villain (forgot his name)

skales i think?

anyways that shirt is definitely new: it's the 2019 hood and that could never have been made in 2017

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I think my favourite part is the ‘Green Ninja’ shirt that the child  in the set is wearing. It looks vaguely familiar, I’m not sure whether it’s new or if it appeared in maybe Ninjago City or something. But I’ll be excited to have it! Can’t wait to get this set . . now I kinda want to see about getting some of the other Legoland sets that I’ve been passing on up til now. 

The Green Ninja kid is similar to the ''GN fan'' from Ninjago City in that they both wear green shirts with Lloyd on them but the prints themselves are different

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

LMAO the kids shooting at the snake villain (forgot his name)

That's Skales, leader of the Hypnobrai tribe :wink:

LEGO has posted a promo page for the new Ninjago tabletop role-playing game featured in the latest wave of sets!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/ninjago/choose-the-path

Of most interest is the PDF gameplay guide:

https://www.lego.com/r/www/r/portals/-/media/campaigns/kids/ninjago/choose-the-path/ninjago_howtoplayguide_2hy20_print.pdf?l.r=1428568717

It seems to be a pretty legit all-ages TTRPG — the rules and mechanics seem easy for kids and beginners to grasp compared to a more typical TTRPG like Dungeons and Dragons, but still with most of what players need for an engaging adventure, and well suited to building and writing custom adventures to play through with friends.

20 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

https://brickset.com/article/51671/[uk-eu]-summer-releases-now-available-at-lego-com

So looks like the Ninjago sets might release in August for North America. (Though it still says coming soon. So hopefully not.)

"Coming Soon" doesn't usually indicate a specific timeframe — that's just how LEGO typically tags not-yet-released sets on their shop site. And in any case, August 1st is less than two months, which is pretty "soon", all things considered.

TBH, it's not much difference to me one way or another. Release dates varying by a few months between North America and Europe is nothing new, and it's not even something unique to the summer sets — there's been plenty of waves of sets over the years where January releases in North America are March releases in Europe or vice-versa. But waiting a bit longer isn't a huge burden to me… after all, most of the time I'm not buying sets right after they're released anyhow, and it's not like being released later means they'll be available for a shorter time.

I am still hopeful these sets will start popping up in the US. I am needing sets to keep me occupied while we are still staying at home.