The past few Ninjago waves always introduced some sort of new large-scale part (such as the large Shirken piece from last year and the Trans-Neon large blades from Prime Empire) and this wave doesn't seem to introduce any new part like that, which is kinda disappointing for me, as builder of large scale figures. 

Edited by Lego David

Wu's Dragon looks even better on the box, I love it.

Zane's rhino is okay, doesn't interest me tho. I like the side build and minfigures in it.

Skeleton dragon is incredible, it looks so amazing. Tattered wings are fantastic, and is that his heart under his chest? Pretty dark, and I love it. The side build is also great, and so are the minifigs.

10 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Also, weirdly, this means Lloyd only comes in one set. That’s unusual. Actually, I think Cole’s the only one who appears in more than two non-Spinner sets this wave (not counting the Legacies). Which is a wonderful change from the four Jays, three Lloyds and Kais, two Coles and one Nya we got in Prime Empire. 

Lloyd comes in Skull Sorcerer's Dungeon, Journey to The Skull Dungeons, Kai Fighter and Spinjitzu Burst Lloyd. That's 4 sets.

Without counting Legacy sets and bursts:

3 sets - Cole

2 sets - Jay, Nya, Lloyd, Kai and Zane

I love how they balanced ninjas this wave, instead of giving us 1 Nya and 10 Kai.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

The past few Ninjago waves always introduced some sort of new large-scale part (such as the large Shirken piece from last year and the Trans-Neon large blades from Prime Empire) and this wave doesn't seem to introduce any new part like that, which is kinda disappointing for me, as builder of large scale figures. 

New pics are available, for example on Promobricks (higher quality and back of box etc.). The Mino-Monster acutally does have new pieces on the shoulders and head

Given this has been posted by Promobricks I'll assume it's allowed but if a Mod comes along and wants it taken down I'll gladly do it :wink:

Here's a picture of all Dungeon pieces combined:

lego-ninjago-71717-0007-1030x918.jpg

This is definitely my favourite Ninjago wave ever. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. Game board feature is absolutely incredible, I love that all the sets have builds which you can connect. Those little side builds with hearts and equipment are absolutely genius. Now for my full thoughts. 

Spinjitzu Bursts are good, I like the minifigs, the build, and the spinner is cool. I think they should make a different colour for the rubber band tho, it looks off with this blue colour.

I don't care about Legacy sets. 4+ set is a classic Ninjago 4+ set. I like Kai Fighter more than before tbh. Destiny's Bounty is absolutely fantastic tho, I love it. Definitely my favourite version of this ship, with TLNM one.

I must say Journey to The Skull Dungeons is my favourite set of this wave. It's perfect. It looks fantastic, it has amazing pieces, accessories, play features and minfigures, and it even has a little interior with a bed! How cool is that. All those little details with spiders, stones or flames are incredible. 

Wu's Dragon is amazing, but the minfigure here is the standout, definitely my favourite Wu ever.

Rhino set looks great, I love the build now, especially the head. Sidebuilds and minifigs are also great.

Mech looks good, definitely my least favourite set out of this wave tho. I love how well the colours blend together. 

Dragon looks fantastic, I love this set. All the builds and minfigures are amazing, dragon looks stunning. 

Dungeon is absolutely amazing. Everything here is also fantastic, I wonder if it has interior tho. This is gonna work so great as a playset.

I love the mech and the skull sorcerer's dragon. This new wave is realy good.

Oh wow

That looks pretty neat

So, it isnt exactly like Adventurers Orient Expedition but the sets do combine 

Such a good wave of sets,even better combined.

The Mech doesn't have side builds so it's sort of optional for the Board game but I still love the color scheme and parts/figures for it.

The orange parts of Fire/Lava below the Skull  are nice, and not just box-artwork, it does make it look more complete, and gives a reason to actually climb up via the sides, much like Jestro's Lava Lair had lava flowing through the middle.

And a cohesive color scheme on the structures is nice for MOCs.

I honestly must say this wave blew my expectations out of the water. After the disappointing Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu season and the so-so Prime Empire season (haven't actually watched this one yet) I wasn't really looking forward to these sets. But this might be one of my favorite Ninjago waves ever! I've written down my thoughts on each set below.

Spinjitzu Burst - just like most of the gimmicky sets these don't really interest me, it's definetely a step back after the very cool Arcade Pods. I'll skip these 3

4+ set - I don't like this set but it's good for younger kids and it does it's job well. A skip for me

Kai's Fighter - this set proves the fact that bigger isn't always better. Imo this is a downgrade when compared to the original set, therefore it's a skip

Destiny's Bounty - when I first saw the blurry images I wasn't impressed at all but the HD pictures make it look a lot better. The dragon head does look a bit off, due to budgetary reasons this will be a skip

Journey to the Skull Dungeon - I wasn't impressed by the first images but the set has definetely grown a lot on me. The figures are very nice and the build does it's job, I love the green flames! The PPR is also very good but I don't think I'll pick this set up, maybe on a discount

Wu's Dragon - this set absolutely blows my mind. I really wasn't expecting a small dragon in a $20 set to look this good, figures are nice too. I'll probably pick this up eventually

Zane's Mino Creature - I wasn't really excited for this set and the pictures don't really change that thought much. It's definetely a breath of fresh air for the theme but aside from the front of the rhino it's not that good. A skip for me

Fire and Stone mech - I hated this set when I first saw it but these pictures make it look a lot better. The lack of terrain makes it easy to skip though so another skip for me

Skeleton Dragon - I absolutely ADORE this dragon, I never thought I would be this excited for a Ninjago set again! It sort of reminds of the Boneknapper from How To Train Your Dragon and I love it. It's very well designed, has a good minifigure selection and a good enough price. Albeit with a discount I can totally see myself picking this one up!

Skull Sorcerer's Dungeon - I really like the look of this set but I don't think I love it as much as other people here. It's going to be a skip from me

Overall a very solid wave, Legacy is a bit lacking but S13 is really good. Also really like the ''combine the sets into a boardgame'' feature

Edited by Guyon2002

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I honestly must say this wave blew my expectations out of the water. After the disappointing Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu season and the so-so Prime Empire season (haven't actually watched this one yet) I wasn't really looking forward to these sets. But this might be one of my favorite Ninjago waves ever! I've written down my thoughts on each set below.

Season 12 is actually really good, I'm on 7th episode and I enjoy it so much more than Season 11.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Season 12 is actually really good, I'm on 7th episode and I enjoy it so much more than Season 11.

Good to hear, I'll start watching it soon

Honestly making the sets compatible with each other like they did with the S13 sets should be done more with this theme, I love the way it gives you a complete ''world''!

Total minifigure count for the badguys:

- Goblins: 4

- Trolls: 4

- Skeletons: 3

- Sorcerer: 2

Destiny's Bounty looks great on the outside.  I was really excited to see it become a proper sailing ship with a full hull and top deck for this wave, like the movie version.  But the back of the box pics on Promo Bricks don't show an interior, which I find highly disappointing.  What's the point of having a big tall hull like that without an interior? May as well just have the reduced top deck only model as in the original set.  Hope the early reviews show more features.

I’m not really a fan of Ninjago but feel compelled to say that the Skull Sorcerer’s Dragon’s wings would be perfect for a Fell Beast from LOTR if they weren’t printed

Are all 4 sets needed to play the boardgame or just some of them? Any info on that? Ninjago sure looks like a Fantasy castle theme right now, and I like it even better.

I never got the first bounty - with TLNM one and ghost-wave one; this Legancy version would also be different enough. I am split between this and the Creator pirate ship.
Just a shame there seems to be no interior at all. At least the mittdle and rear section could have had some interior like 1-2 beds and some storage. I wonder how easy it's gonna be to modify.

And Interestingly they dont show all features; the front side rockets can extend from body but its not shown how to put them in/out. So maybe hope isnt dead yet
Also unfortunate kid-Lloyd is the only special figure. That Jay figure has nur appeared in sooo many sets. Shame they didnt give the Ninja their original faces and hairpieces.

about the other sets:
- finally a cheap way to get Wu again! Also interesting: the dragon is really decent for 20(!) while we got really such bad creatures (HH dragon in Harry Potter for 35...) in other sets.
- I like the reuse of pieces. Yes new molds are cool, but what about all the never reused molds? Ghost wave had so many pieces, never or barely reused again. We want more recolours of cool pieces!

- we get 4(!) Nya's this wave instead of just 1-2 :pir-love:
- Zane's rhino would look much better if it hadnt all these colours; especially the technic pieces and white stand out.

2 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

New pics are available, for example on Promobricks (higher quality and back of box etc.). The Mino-Monster acutally does have new pieces on the shoulders and head

There’s one on the back of the Skeleton Dragon, too.

Am I the only one who now thinks Journey and Dungeon actually won’t have much interior? I feel like it would have been featured if there was one. 

I love the health bar/inventory side builds! It’s so smart and reminds me of Heroica but better! I can’t wait to see how this game works!

Just now, brimbolet said:

Are all 4 sets needed to play the boardgame or just some of them? Any info on that? Ninjago sure looks like a Fantasy castle theme right now, and I like it even better.

You can play it with just any one of them . . technically. I feel like for any real ‘experience’, you need the main Dungeon or it’s just so small it’d be over in five minutes. But I don’t see any reason you couldn’t skip the definitely-not-a-dracolich and rhino, and just use the Journey and Dungeon sets as a board game. 

Also, I’m particularly enamoured with the lime green skull the Sorceror has as an accessory. Some kind of familiar? Advisor? Comic relief?

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

Am I the only one who now thinks Journey and Dungeon actually won’t have much interior? I feel like it would have been featured if there was one. 

It doesn't look like the Dungeon will have an interior but the interior of Journey, while small, is on the back of the box

51 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

You can play with any of them separately, but for longer game and better experience the more the better.

From the new hd pictures it looks like the destiny’s bounty has no interior in the hull. :sceptic:

Edited by Thieda

It looks to me like there are three reasons for the lack of an interior.  The windlass mechanism probably takes up most of the bow underneath the fo'c'sle, and the drive axle that connects the rotating red wings at the back to the pop-out engines at the front is probably routed directly through the center of the enclosed hull volume, which would get in the way of any interior furnishings.  The 2017 Bounty had the same basic hull width at the bow, but the studs-out decorative hull panels were flush with the left and right sides of the bow, which left room for an 8-wide interior.  The 2020 Bounty's hull panels are recessed inboard by 1 stud each, which would leave room for a 6-wide interior.  That would be usable but cramped if not for the drive axle running through it, so I understand why the set designers chose not to include any interior.  It should be an easy mod to remove that axle and furnish the interior, but I'll wait for reviews before making a buying decision.  For now, the lack of an interior has moved the Bounty from a probable buy to a probable pass.  The one thing I always thought was lacking in the old pirate ships was a full top deck with a furnished interior beneath, and the presence of a full top deck with a full interior is what made the 2017 Bounty and the 2020 Barracuda must-buys for me.  It's the main distinguishing feature I hoped to see with a full hull on the 2020 Bounty as a remake of the top-deck-only 2012 Bounty.  Oh well.  Better for my wallet that way.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Also unfortunate kid-Lloyd is the only special figure.

I also thought that but if you zoom in on Nya, she is slightly different. Previously she used red kendo armour and had "phoenix symbol" on her torso, this one has SoG shoulder pad in red (from Unagami) and the "samurai X symbol" print. (Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first Nya to have this logo as this one is used by Pixal)