10 hours ago, Lego David said:
19 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

I don't know if that's a really good idea. Those themes need to be their own thing, and not dependent on Ninjago. Hidden Side still became it's own theme, despite being quite similar to the Ninjago Ghost Wave. I don't want Ninjago to become the only action adventure theme in existence while everything else that gets released is licensed. 

I would much rather have them dedicate new themes to their ideas ideas of dumping all their ideas into Ninjago. 

Well, like I suggested, Ninjago could at least be a launching point for new themes that they'd share a multiverse with, but don't need to lean or rely on its lore. I mean, imagine if themes like Chima and Nexo Knights were first previewed with a multiverse-themed Ninjago wave. 

8 hours ago, Harkonen said:

I would like for Clouse to have actually become a skeleton himself. 

Are we even sure the new writers see the books as canon? 

One of the Monastery mural that appeared in Season 10 were based off Dark Island Trilogy.

We’ve known for a while that this wave won’t have just one villain faction, but maybe this series will just have a bunch of unrelated bad guys. We have skeletons, goblins and now this new guy. 

Also, unlike many, I’ve been adamant to call this wave ‘Nexo Knights 2’, but every minifigure leak is making that stance harder and harder to stand by. This latest leak looks like an unused character from the second year of Nexo Knights...

Pfff

At this point I'm not sure if the minifigures leaking are Ninjago, Hidden Side or Monkey King lol

8 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

We’ve known for a while that this wave won’t have just one villain faction, but maybe this series will just have a bunch of unrelated bad guys. We have skeletons, goblins and now this new guy. 

Also, unlike many, I’ve been adamant to call this wave ‘Nexo Knights 2’, but every minifigure leak is making that stance harder and harder to stand by. This latest leak looks like an unused character from the second year of Nexo Knights...

IKR?

But honestly it would be awesome if Lavaria, Moltor or Flama appear in a set.

Just now, Harkonen said:

Are we sure the statue that leaked isn't ninjago? 

Could be, but, to me at least, the face fits in with the Hidden Side aesthetic, by that I mean the green elements of the face seem to match the look of the ghost minifigures. But I guess we won’t really know until we have set pictures.

Yeah... minifigures are leaking and I dunno. Could be Ninjago, could be Monkie Kid, could be Hidden Side. That's really confusing. 

None of the minifigs that leaked right now are Monkey Kid. Monkey Kid has technology and that black lightning villain doesn't fit the theme. 

Just now, Harkonen said:

None of the minifigs that leaked right now are Monkey Kid. Monkey Kid has technology and that black lightning villain doesn't fit the theme. 

But we don't if all the characters will be the same. In Nexo Knights (year 1) the villains were magical creatures but the heroes had technology

Just now, Robert8 said:

But we don't if all the characters will be the same. In Nexo Knights (year 1) the villains were magical creatures but the heroes had technology

True, but the Ox King clearly has technology. He kind of reminds me of Cylons from BSG. 

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah... minifigures are leaking and I dunno. Could be Ninjago, could be Monkie Kid, could be Hidden Side. That's really confusing

I'm pretty sure that back villain is from Ninjago. It's not an animal that would fit in Monkey Kid, and it doesn't seem like a ghost that would fit in Hidden Side either. 

Oh wow, this one looks even better than the black one. Love th colour, missing teeth and this green blood (looks like blood) around his mouth.

Probably a bit too wishlisty instead of speculation but do you guys think LEGO might do a special 10th anniversary Ninjago Legacy wave or CMF next year? They could use that to fill in a ton of characters gaps like Lou, Julien, civilian Harumi, Cyrus Borg and the missing Elemental masters. 

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably a bit too wishlisty instead of speculation but do you guys think LEGO might do a special 10th anniversary Ninjago Legacy wave or CMF next year? They could use that to fill in a ton of characters gaps like Lou, Julien, civilian Harumi, Cyrus Borg and the missing Elemental masters. 

I mean, they could do that, but considering LEGO didn't do anything special for LEGO Minifigures 10th anniversary, I wouldn't count on that.

7 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I mean, they could do that, but considering LEGO didn't do anything special for LEGO Minifigures 10th anniversary, I wouldn't count on that.

Hey now, they have a guy wearing a green brick with a ‘10’ printed on a plate. That’s special. :sceptic:

In all seriousness, a Ninjago CMF is possible, but it would need to have a wide appeal to the general LEGO consumer. That’s why the Ninjago Movie CMF was largely occupied by minifigures that could be used anywhere in other themes. Batman and Harry Potter are different, because they already have a huge global fanbase attached to them. Ninjago doesn’t have as much of a universal appeal to the everyman. Not saying its impossible. If they make some of the civilian characters, like Lou, Harumi, Julien, etc., who have unique civilian designs that could compliment a city or town, then it could be a win win. Even someone like Bolobo or Kataru could compliment other people’s fantasy layouts. 

Edited by Tobias_Jay

Oh wow! That leaked sword reminded me of cloud's buster sword from FF7

The troll looks pretty fun, a bit more eastern-styled than I was expecting with the ponytail. Also it looks like the neck attachment armour has a slot at the back for a katana? 

53 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also it looks like the neck attachment armour has a slot at the back for a katana? 

It does, it's the same piece as the one used for the Dragonhunters

I do actually like that some of those figures are somewhat similar in style to the Nexo Knight villains, wonder if the same people designed them.

Troll reminds me of General Magmar

Goblin reminds me of the Book Keeper.

Skeletons look nice as well.

Edited by TeriXeri