Love the goblin, certainly the same style of design/parts use as the Nexo Knights book-keeper but there's no problem with that.

7 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

To take that a step further, Ninjago can become a launching point/proving ground for new themes/universes that can spin-off from Ninjago as separate playthemes of their own if reception to any of those settings is particularly positive. To do so, Ninjago could introduce a multiverse-centric story arc to act as a catalyst for such. :shrug_oh_well:

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

To take that a step further, Ninjago can become a launching point/proving ground for new themes/universes that can spin-off from Ninjago as separate playthemes of their own if reception to any of those settings is particularly positive. To do so, Ninjago could introduce a multiverse-centric story arc to act as a catalyst for such. :shrug_oh_well:

Like Stargate launched different shows from it? 

42 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Like Stargate launched different shows from it? 

I suppose it could be like that; though unlike such, they needn't really be the same "flavor" as Ninjago, if you get what I mean.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, that would be AWESOME! Yes, yes please! Imagine a spin-off wave focused entirely on Akita and Kotaru in the Never-Realm. Or a prequel story all about Flintlocke or Doubloon or one of the other Sky Pirates detailing what they were doing while they were banished across the 16 Realms. Or, even, if we don’t want to leave Ninjago, stories focusing on the other Elemental Masters. Any of those would be incredible.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We only know about 10 of the 16 realms so I guess it's definetely possible from an in-universe perspective

The goblin looks great.  Really like the print and the new color.  It will be a welcome addition to the large faction of goblins I have now.  Can't wait for pictures of the sets.  I'm going to be buying alot of these sets.  

41 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, that would be AWESOME! Yes, yes please! Imagine a spin-off wave focused entirely on Akita and Kotaru in the Never-Realm. Or a prequel story all about Flintlocke or Doubloon or one of the other Sky Pirates detailing what they were doing while they were banished across the 16 Realms. Or, even, if we don’t want to leave Ninjago, stories focusing on the other Elemental Masters. Any of those would be incredible.

They could do that; but for me, I'd rather want them to take advantage of that plot device to introduce all-new worlds that can more easily break away from Ninjago to become playthemes of their own that aren't as dependant on Ninjago's lore.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I still feel like the new Monkey Kid theme is going to take place in a realm or hitherto unexplored corner of the Ninjago world, one that takes more inspiration from China than Japan

8 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

I don't know if that's a really good idea. Those themes need to be their own thing, and not depened on Ninjago. Hidden Side still became it's own theme, despite being quite similar to the Ninjago Ghost Wave. I don't want Ninjago to become the only action adevnture theme in exitence while everyhting else that gets released is licensed. 

I would much rather have them dedicate new themes to their ideas ideas of dumping all their ideas into Ninjago. 

Skull Sorcerer looks like his mask is one piece with the hat. I wonder if there is a skeleton face underneath... 

Second faceprint for Goblin is much better than the other one. Sorcerer also happens to wear a mask/hat combo, really nice. A little hope of Clouse under that mask maybe?

Cole looks fantastic. I love the golden colour here, definitely the best out of other three.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Second faceprint for Goblin is much better than the other one. Sorcerer also happens to wear a mask/hat combo, really nice. A little hope of Clouse under that mask maybe?

Cole looks fantastic. I love the golden colour here, definitely the best out of other three.

The head under the mask is black though.... 

Just now, Harkonen said:

The head under the mask is black though.... 

It could have printing. The mask would look weird on a yellow face.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It could have printing. The mask would look weird on a yellow face.

I would like for Clouse to have actually become a skeleton himself. 

Are we even sure the new writers see the books as canon? 

Edited by Harkonen

Ooh, Cole is gold! We’re getting those armour pieces and mask parts in gold? Awesome!

This means Kai and Zane will probably be gold too. Nice!

Gotta say I’m not a fan of the mismatched arms that they’ve done so much with the recent ninja suits, it makes everything so asymmetrical and complicates customisation so much . .

I think the Skull Sorcerer mask would be very useful for Roswell aliens if it isn't molded with the hat... 

Holy mother of f-

That villain guy looks eerie as heck *oh2*  That is probably the creepiest Ninjago villain yet

Love the goblin. Both faces are great. I wonder what other creatures might appear in these

Oddly enough, I think the main characters are getting the short end of the stick here... I get what they are going for... but it just doesn't work. At least for me :/

1 hour ago, Harkonen said:

I would like for Clouse to have actually become a skeleton himself. 

Why would he become a skeleton? Isn't he just roaming Ninjago as a ghost?

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why would he become a skeleton? Isn't he just roaming Ninjago as a ghost?

From what I know he is in the underworld trapped. From a book, Dark Island trilogy I think? 

6 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

From what I know he is in the underworld trapped. From a book, Dark Island trilogy I think? 

I thought all comics etc weren't canon... must've missed something then :shrug_confused:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I thought all comics etc weren't canon... must've missed something then :shrug_confused:

I'm not sure, I think only the Dark Island trilogy and Pythor's revenge are canon. Some stuff from Shadow of Ronin is canon too, I think.