A ghost as well.

5 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Ok. 

A new leak surfaced on instagram, this time it's Lloyd. 

A goblin just leaked on instagram! 

It's kind of plain for, well any theme, honestly.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't really look like something from Ninjago imo

The Goblin looks like something straight out of Nexo Knights in my opinion. I don't know if it really fits the Ninjago aesthetic.

Also, the ghost looks like one of the worst figures in recent years. Absolutely no printing and a very basic face. 

Edited by Lego David

17 minutes ago, Lego David said:

The Goblin looks like something straight out of Nexo Knights in my opinion. I don't know if it really fits the Ninjago aesthetic.

The ninja's also look like they came from Nexo Knights so there's a pattern here

I think the ninjas look much more medieval looking and the sets also lose their asian influence is just to not compete with Monkey Kid even that the theme will be vehicle heavy. 

Lloyd looks great, and so does the goblin. Really cool minifigures. 

I don't think the ghost is Ninjago, he wasn't mentioned in any set description and it doesn't fit in this season aesthetic and. It's probably Hidden Side (side note: it's an awful minifigure, too plain).

That goblin looks really fun, I like how medieval-ly it looks. Hopefully that aesthetic continues into the sets! I'm assuming it will have a more evil-looking alternative face as well. 

I was going to ask if there was any chance the trolls could be bigfigs but have just looked back at the leaked boxes and they all look like normal-sized minifigures (except what looks like two with short legs in the Mino beast and Wu's dragon sets). I guess at least the trolls will be taller than the goblins and with a different skin colour to tell them apart. 

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That goblin looks really fun, I like how medieval-ly it looks. Hopefully that aesthetic continues into the sets! I'm assuming it will have a more evil-looking alternative face as well. 

I was going to ask if there was any chance the trolls could be bigfigs but have just looked back at the leaked boxes and they all look like normal-sized minifigures (except what looks like two with short legs in the Mino beast and Wu's dragon sets). I guess at least the trolls will be taller than the goblins and with a different skin colour to tell them apart. 

I personally don't think there are trolls and goblins. The info we have was translated form German and trolls and goblins are fairly similair creatures. But I guess we'll have to wait and see

I was thinking about this whole “new” medieval-ish approach in Ninjago upcomming season and maybe TLC is going to test its succes and MAYBE acording to sales they wil came up with some proper medieval theme... new Viking and Knigjt in CMF series, new ideas Blacksmith... who knows? 

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lloyd looks great, and so does the goblin. Really cool minifigures. 

I don't think the ghost is Ninjago, he wasn't mentioned in any set description and it doesn't fit in this season aesthetic and. It's probably Hidden Side (side note: it's an awful minifigure, too plain).

Keep in mind the design for the ghost could be preliminary. Considering many old Lego sets had secret rooms where ghosts and skeletons lurked, it's plausible this could be a token to that. Also, as someone who follows Hidden Side, I doubt it looks like anything that could be in there.

The purple goblin looks awesome. This series could be great for Castle fans.

26 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Maybe the ghost is meant to represent the classic castle ghost mold?

Nothing can beat that good old blanket ghost.

Who ever expected Ninjago to be next castle line? But it is!

This is like Ninjago meets Fantasy Era

The question is why won't TLG make Fantasy Era (II?) its own thing as a castle theme?

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Who ever expected Ninjago to be next castle line? But it is!

This is like Ninjago meets Fantasy Era

The question is why won't TLG make Fantasy Era (II?) its own thing as a castle theme?

Name recognition? I mean, just make a castle set and sell it with the castle name, it will sell. But slap the ninjago logo on it and put ninjago characters in it? It will sell like hotcakes! 

3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I was thinking about this whole “new” medieval-ish approach in Ninjago upcomming season and maybe TLC is going to test its succes and MAYBE acording to sales they wil came up with some proper medieval theme... new Viking and Knigjt in CMF series, new ideas Blacksmith... who knows? 

That's a nice way to look at it! That could very well be the case.

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Great question. We know the first FE did well enough to last for three years, and they're clearly aware that there's a market for those type of sets. I just hope that they don't think they can shoehorn some medieval stuff into an asian-inspired theme and tell us Castle fans that we're complaining too much.

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They probably want to take advantage of Ninjago's preexisting fanbase

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They probably want to take advantage of Ninjago's preexisting fanbase

There's a preexisting Castle fanbase that's been around four times as long that they haven't addressed in close to a decade...

The goblin looks like what the Elves goblins could have been if that theme had minifigures.. 

32 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

The goblin looks like what the Elves goblins could have been if that theme had minifigures.. 

Elves would've been a thousand times better with minifigures instead of minidolls, same with DC Superhero Girls and Dinsey Princess

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

Edited by GarmaFan

Just now, GarmaFan said:

What if they made new themes, but they all had the Ninjago IP? Like AUs. LEGO Ninjago Castle, LEGO Ninjago Chima, LEGO Ninjago Bionicle, Pirates, Atlantis.. this could be the key to more original LEGO themes. They don't have to be connected to the main theme at all, just feature characters and basic aesthetics.

I would love to see how Ninjago-Bionicle hybrid would look, or maybe something like the old knights kingdoms set