10 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Is that all the legacy stuff? i thought There were two more

That's everything concrete we know so far as reported by Promobricks. Just in case someone missed it I'll just post it again:

71703 Jay's Storm Fighter (4+ version) - smaller version of last year's jet with a small temple - Jay and Lasha

71704 Kai's Fighter - remake of the Rebooted set - Kai, Lloyd and 2 Nindroids

71705 Destiny's Bounty - remake of the Rise of the Snakes set - Wu, Garmadon, Samurai X, Lloyd (young), Kai, Zane, Cole and Jay

The LEGO Group 2019 financial report just came out, and Ninjago wasn't in the top selling themes, neither given an honorable mention for performing well. Not a good sign. Maybe the theme is soon going to end, who knows...

47 minutes ago, Lego David said:

The LEGO Group 2019 financial report just came out, and Ninjago wasn't in the top selling themes, neither given an honorable mention for performing well. Not a good sign. Maybe the theme is soon going to end, who knows...

Just out of curiosity, what were in the top selling? 

Edited by Asajki

Just now, Asajki said:

Just out of curiosity, what were in the top selling? 

City, SW, Marvel, Classic , Friends and Technic.

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, benderisgreat said:

City, SW, Marvel, Classic , Friends and Technic.

Lov those 

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Maybe the theme is soon going to end, who knows...

I'd prefer that to this theme being milked for eternity

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd prefer that to this theme being milked for eternity

Yeah, me too. Though I highly doubt they'll be able to come up with a good replacement for it.

13 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Yeah, me too. Though I highly doubt they'll be able to come up with a good replacement for it.

In 2001, we got the astounding hit Bionicle. In 2011, we got Ninjago, which also sparked success. If this decade streak told us anything, it is that we could be walking into a success and we don't know it yet. Also, while the Ninjago aesthetic is a random, chaotic mess, it seems like the replacement for an army of different themes Lego doesn't want to dedicate an entire full release for. So unless Lego changes their plan on original themes, Ninjago will last a while. 

2 hours ago, Lego David said:

Doubt it’s ending, probably has more to due with the season of the show being mostly disliked this year and the summer wave wasn’t very strong to begin with. (At least compared to previous years)

Just now, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Doubt it’s ending, probably has more to due with the season of the show being mostly disliked this year and the summer wave wasn’t very strong to begin with. (At 

It could be that, but as far we know from this year's report, it seems like Ninjago's Hay Day is over. While they may not necessarily cancel the theme yet, I can see them investing less into it now that it's no longer a top selling theme. 

I think Ninjago not being on the list has to do with a few things. I'm sure this post will spark some controversy/debate here and definetely not everyone will like it, but please take in mind these arguments are based on my own opinions, experiences and things I've seen online.

1. Masters of Spinjitzu is over - Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu was somewhat of a soft reboot for Ninjago. With the original story being wrapped up with SoG/Hunted/MotO (which I will refer to as the Trinity for simplicity sake) this was the perfect moment for people who were losing interest to stop following the theme. This is similair to how some Marvel fans looked at Avengers Endgame.

2. Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu was awfull - this season had some good moments but most of it was really bad. Beside the story not being that good there was also something really off about the tone. A fair amount of people came back to Ninjago because the story got a little darker and more mature with the Trinity. SotFS threw that change completely out the window and did a full 180 with the show's tone. 

3. The sets are getting stale - there have been many cool ideas over the years. But while every season offers us different things and some very unique sets a lot of sets feel like something we've already gotten a few times from this theme.

I personally won't judge this season (Prime Empire) untill I've seen the show, though I must admit the sets don't really interest me. If the quality of the story is anything like SotFS I will most likely ignore future seasons alltogether when it comes to the story and see the Trinity as the end of the story Ninjago has been telling over the past decade. If it were up to me, looking at both the sets and the show, I'd say it would be best to start building up a definitive conclusion to the theme. That way it will still go on for a few years and end on a high note.

40 minutes ago, Lego David said:

It could be that, but as far we know from this year's report, it seems like Ninjago's Hay Day is over. While they may not necessarily cancel the theme yet, I can see them investing less into it now that it's no longer a top selling theme. 

Well, isn´t next year the 10th aniversary of Ninjago?

I mean, I don´t know the policies and how Lego takes decissions, but this would a chance to make a great celebration and ending.

On the other end, if the number are not that convincing...

But for those Kids playing Ninjago, what would be the alternative or next topic?

Hidden Side? This wasn´t mentioned either under the top selling

Huh, this is is the first time in a while that it doesn't even get a mention in the annual report. *quick skim of previous reports* Last times were 2013 and 2014. It could be a sign that the end is near, or it could just be an off-year. At this stage in its lifetime though, it could mean the theme is finally losing its steam.

I don't think they'd cancel it immediately though, Bionicle's original run lasted to 2010 after "not showing growth" in 2007 and not being mentioned in following reports up to its cancellation. If Ninjago doesn't do better in the next couple years, that's probably it. If worse comes to worse, I just hope the creators get enough heads up to build up to an ending. Ideally over the course of another multi-season arc.

Edited by GarmaFan

I'd think they'd keep Legacy around at the least.

At this point it is it's a pretty large portion of overall Ninjago presence, with it's own sets and magazine, and not just small sets either.

Edited by TeriXeri

I can see why, the 2019 sets were just more of the same as ever and kinda felt like they were resting on their laurels. Though if we're being honest I doubt this is anything to worry about, we don't even know if the sets sold poorly. It's pretty likely that Ninjago is just sixth with the Marvel sets stealing it's space with the sets based on the biggest film of all time

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

58 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

It's pretty likely that Ninjago is just sixth with the Marvel sets stealing it's space with the sets based on the biggest film of all time

If it was they would've mentioned Ninjago as one of the themes that ''also performed really well''

Christiansen said: “We are very pleased with the popularity of our core products such as LEGO City and LEGO Creator, which, like all our products, provide children with endless possibilities to build and rebuild. We are also satisfied with the performance of our IP sets and our new theme LEGO Hidden Side which seamlessly blends building and augmented reality.”

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/march/annual-results

This seems like it would include Ninjago

13 hours ago, Lego David said:

That’s an intensely long bow to draw. The themes they mention as ‘best selling’ are merely samples of the most popular themes, they’re not the only ones that did well. LEGO can be brutal with theme cancellations, but Ninjago is still strong enough that they aren’t going to pull the sheet from under it. 

Besides, LEGO aren’t going to pull the pin immediately. Ninjago is confirmed to go at least until it’s tenth anniversary next year. Whether they’ve got a big finale planned for then, we won’t know until it’s happening. 

Just a reminder to everyone that Ninjago is and forever will be an evergreen theme

Meaning that it will not die

This would mean the only thing that could die is the current storyline. A new one would directly follow.

LEGO's Annual Reports also do not report all top-selling themes as they only intend to spotlight a few key players, and in no particular order, no less.

26 minutes ago, PenPlays said:

Just a reminder to everyone that Ninjago is and forever will be an evergreen theme

This would mean the only thing that could die is the current storyline. A new one would directly follow.

LEGO's Annual Reports also do not report all top-selling themes as they only intend to spotlight a few key players, and in no particular order, no less.

I think most people get that at this point. The current storyline is what I'm concerned about ending at some point. Even if it did really bad it'd probably just go on hiatus for a couple years max.

6 hours ago, PenPlays said:

I highly doubt that is true, to be honest. LEGO keeps it around for now because it's still popular and it's currently still making money. As soon as the line will no longer be profitable, they will just end it mercylessly. LEGO has a pretty bad reputation when it comes  it comes to cancelling their original themes, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened someday to Ninjago, despite it's supposed "evergreen" status.

Not to mention, there have been themes with the status of evergreen that still got cancelled (such as Castle). 

Edited by Lego David

On 3/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, Lego David said:

Not to mention, there have been themes with the status of evergreen that still got cancelled (such as Castle). 

Was Bionicle G1 ever considered an "evergreen" theme at some point before it wound down? :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Was Bionicle G1 ever considered an "evergreen" theme at some point before it wound down? :shrug_confused:

Hmmm, I don't know for sure. As far as I know, the "evergreen theme" term wasn't used at the time Bionicle G1 was around. 

Out of curiosity, was the term "evergreen theme" oficially used by LEGO, or is it just a fan-made term?