18 hours ago, Harkonen said:

The decision was made to make Ninjago different from the other asian focused theme, Monkie Kid. Lego Group wanted for some time to focus on the asian market and Monkie Kid is literally that. 

7 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Let's just say the ninjas are the only ones with asian influence and their magical vehicles too. 

Do you think that the reduction in Ninjago’s Asian influences/motifs will continue past this wave, or is it just temporary in order not to be confused with Monkey Kid? 

34 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do you think that the reduction in Ninjago’s Asian influences/motifs will continue past this wave, or is it just temporary in order not to be confused with Monkey Kid? 

Huh, that's actually a rather interesting question to ponder... :oh:

The battle pack I posted not too long ago. Has digiverse Zane. New mask colors. general Cryptor (he will be in LEGACY sets I imagine) The nindroid drone is the magazine version, but with a new jet pack. There's also a regular warrior. Cyrus Borg's robo legs are also included in this. It'll release March 1st and retail for $12.99

Regarding @Harkonen he is right. 2021 will be interesting. Ninjago is only expanding. It won't end anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

Do I have to buy all the sets for season 13 now ?

lol, yup. I'm down for the whole Jumanji/DnD vibe. Sucked into a video game...sucked into a board game...love it! 

Hey . . I saw vehicles from previous seasons in that short. There was a whole . . fleet seems like the wrong word for cars . . of Katana 4x4s and a Jungle Raider. Interesting! I guess they’re reusing assets, but it makes sense!

57 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey . . I saw vehicles from previous seasons in that short. There was a whole . . fleet seems like the wrong word for cars . . of Katana 4x4s and a Jungle Raider. Interesting! I guess they’re reusing assets, but it makes sense!

It’s a racing game in context, likely the game has a bunch of ninja vehicles as playable cars, if multiple people pick one vehicle, multiple will show up. Bit of a missed opportunity to have multiple color schemes on them like some games do, but cool to see

15 hours ago, Harkonen said:

No. The sorcerer and the other skeletons are brand new villains. Expect more DnD references in this wave. 

Let's just say the ninjas are the only ones with asian influence and their magical vehicles too. The hood piece used for the Acronix and Krux characters in Ninjago is coming back for this wave. 

@Harkonen are you sure that Sorcerer isn't Clouse? Cuz I heard that Clouse is the main villain of the S13

4 hours ago, Mr_Leaker_Zed said:

@Harkonen are you sure that Sorcerer isn't Clouse? Cuz I heard that Clouse is the main villain of the S13

You know as much as any of us do. It’s all speculation at this point. 

5 hours ago, Mr_Leaker_Zed said:

That was likely based on the set names that we've all seen. I recall a popular leaker was vaguely hinting at a Clouse return a few months ago, but.. meh.

22 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Temporary. Remember that 2021 will mark the 10 years anniversary of Ninjago so they will focus on that. Ninjago is not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Good! ?
How will Monkey Kid differentiate itself from Ninjago, going forward, though? The Chinese New Year sets could be from Ninjago, if they had different Minifigs, and a fantasy-based theme would have even more overlap. 

On 2/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Good! ?

Edited by Harkonen

2 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Ninjago will be different from it because it's moving in modern aesthetics, more scifi. Cyberpunk-ish in the future while Monkie Kid will be more traditional, historical and fantasy. 

Regarding Monkey Kid, will that theme be limited in its worldwide release in any way, much like how the Chinese New Year sets have been handled? :shrug_confused:

15 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Ninjago will be different from it because it's moving in modern aesthetics, more scifi. Cyberpunk-ish in the future while Monkie Kid will be more traditional, historical and fantasy. 

OK. Nice! ?
Will Ninjago’s cyberpunk appearance be more like Rebooted/Ninjago City or Prime Empire (or some combination of both)? 
How compatible will Ninjago and Monkey Kid be? 

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Regarding Monkey Kid, will that theme be limited in its worldwide release in any way, much like how the Chinese New Year sets have been handled? :shrug_confused:

Good question - If LEGO is planning to announce the theme at an event in China, this could be why we have not seen the sets yet. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

On 2/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, Lego David said:

On 2/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Edited by Harkonen

These new sets sure do sound interesting. Though I really hope they'll do a wave with little to no vehicles in the future, I'm getting really sick of those

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

These new sets sure do sound interesting. Though I really hope they'll do a wave with little to no vehicles in the future, I'm getting really sick of those

Well so far this one only has the 'Fire Stone Mech'

Just now, Harkonen said:

The summer wave might be your cup of tea then. They really do right that dungeon look. 

Good to know!

Just now, Harkonen said:

Personally, I don't find the videogame sets impressive at all. They could've do so much with a videogame world but the results are weak. Now onto the summer sets, those are superior because even the gimmick spinners actually work with the board game aesthetic as they represent dices which the ninjas are inside of. 

I agree outside of the controller hilts and health bars it may as well be in Ninjago city

11 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Personally, I don't find the videogame sets impressive at all. 

I agree. The only set I have the slightest bit of interest in is the Gamer's Market, and really only for it's figures. The rest of the sets look like slightly altered versions of previous Ninjago sets and are therefore hardly interesting in my book. At least some of the new pieces are really cool