3 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:
  Hide contents

Of course, could "Scott" actually be Zane? Similar to how he was Snake Jaguar in one of the S.O.G sets.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Highly unlikely, he doesn't even look remotely similair to Zane. If he was one of the ninja's (I'm 99,99% sure he isn't) he'd probably be Lloyd

Scott was initially believed to be Jay's avatar, due to their visual similarities. Additionally, based upon Jay's placement on the box-art and frequency of appearance in the sets, he seems to be the focus-character of Season 12. As such, Scott may be a programme that Jay created to assist him in the game (See Clu). 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Lyichir said:

do you think we might be getting some sets related to it in the summer like we did in the Skybound wave?

I hope so - I want to see more sets in this style! 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Lyichir said:

That said, it is weird that neither category of sets has Zane in it, apart from the pink Zane avatar. You would think that they could have organized it better so that this wave had a set with the new Legacy Zane and the next one had a set with digi-Zane or vice-versa, instead of a whole wave of Ninjago sets where one of the original ninja is barely in any sets at all.

There could be a plot/spoiler reason for Zane's exclusion from the Season 12 sets (e.g. Zane could be a prisoner of Unagami, if he turns out to be Echo Zane), similarly to how Harumi did not receive her "Quiet One" outfit until the following wave. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Scott was initially believed to be Jay's avatar, due to their visual similarities. Additionally, based upon Jay's placement on the box-art and frequency of appearance in the sets, he seems to be the focus-character of Season 12. As such, Scott may be a programme that Jay created to assist him in the game (See Clu). 

I hope so - I want to see more sets in this style! 

There could be a plot/spoiler reason for Zane's exclusion from the Season 12 sets (e.g. Zane could be a prisoner of Unagami, if he turns out to be Echo Zane), similarly to how Harumi did not receive her "Quiet One" outfit until the following wave. 

Or they just decided not to kill him off at the end of Season 11. That's why he's not in the sets. They were going to kill him, so they made sets without him, but when they decide not to, the sets were planned and they couldn't be changed.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Or they just decided not to kill him off at the end of Season 11. That's why he's not in the sets. They were going to kill him, so they made sets without him, but when they decide not to, the sets were planned and they couldn't be changed.

Tommy Andreasen already confirmed that to be false. He said their schedule doesn’t allow for them to make major changes that late in development, so what they made is what they intended to make. 

46 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Zane has a S12 Ninja suit in a magazine. Maybe he's just in a set that hasn't been released.

There are no more January sets, and for 90% second wave is the June wave.

The only reason why Zane isn't in the sets is because he wasn't supposed to. If they knew he was in the Season 12, and they had a design for him, there is LITERALLY no reason why he isn't in the sets.

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are no more January sets, and for 90% second wave is the June wave.

The only reason why Zane isn't in the sets is because he wasn't supposed to. If they knew he was in the Season 12, and they had a design for him, there is LITERALLY no reason why he isn't in the sets.

Again, it’s not unheard of for a 2HY wave to feature one or two sets that tie in with the previous story arc, even if the rest of the wave is focused on a new story (see Skybound as an example). So just because this version of Zane hasn’t shown up in the sets so far doesn’t mean he won’t ever.

4 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Tommy Andreasen already confirmed that to be false. He said their schedule doesn’t allow for them to make major changes that late in development, so what they made is what they intended to make. 

That being said, sets take a lot of time to develop, test, and put into production, and what I’m speculating is that there potentially could have been a draft of the script they were going for that ended up with Zane dead, but they backtracked not necessarily last minute, but late enough that changes to the sets couldn’t be made. It would explain the weird editing/non-conclusion to the final episode, where Zane is magically back to normal and faces no consequences or repercussions for his actions, and his absence in the sets. Now, if S12 starts off with him being unable to travel to this digital world for story reasons and explores something unique in terms of his story, I’ll take this back - but the image of him in a suit just like the rest of the ninja suggests otherwise. 

As for the 2020 sets, if you are in the US and haven’t found them yet, my local Kohl’s was stocking every $20 and under 2020 Ninjago set, and you can even check online and do in-store pickup to get the 2020 sets you want.

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

him being unable to travel to this digital world for story reasons and explores something unique in terms of his story

Watch it be 'Zane's banned from the game for hacking/cheating' because the game claims it can't tell his AI from trainer software, but it's really just Ugami locking him out.

Or maybe he tries to run it and it installs Malware on him.

12 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Again, it’s not unheard of for a 2HY wave to feature one or two sets that tie in with the previous story arc, even if the rest of the wave is focused on a new story (see Skybound as an example). So just because this version of Zane hasn’t shown up in the sets so far doesn’t mean he won’t ever.

The only trouble is that the 2HY wave for Ninjago consists of 4 sets, 2 of which are Legacy sets. Unless we are only getting one season this year, those 2 sets are probably to do with the season releasing in the latter half of the year.

Its usually about now the January LEGO Store exclusive minifigure pack gets leaked/released, so i’m holding out that the Digi Zane figure will be released in that, if we are getting one that is.

10 hours ago, legozebra said:

That being said, sets take a lot of time to develop, test, and put into production, and what I’m speculating is that there potentially could have been a draft of the script they were going for that ended up with Zane dead, but they backtracked not necessarily last minute, but late enough that changes to the sets couldn’t be made. It would explain the weird editing/non-conclusion to the final episode, where Zane is magically back to normal and faces no consequences or repercussions for his actions, and his absence in the sets. Now, if S12 starts off with him being unable to travel to this digital world for story reasons and explores something unique in terms of his story, I’ll take this back - but the image of him in a suit just like the rest of the ninja suggests otherwise. 

I can't speak too much to this, because I am gaining this from one tweet (this one:https://twitter.com/tommyandreasen/status/1188903583355408385?s=21), but I get the impression that what happened at the end of the Ice Chapter was always supposed to happen. I wonder if the choppy editing and the overall rushing of the ending was a result of the team trying to tell a 20 minute story in 11 minutes, lending to some constraints of the new standard runtime. Of course though, you could be right that there was some 'will we, won't we' about killing Zane in development that led to LEGO playing it safe and not including him in any S12 sets just in case.

Again, all this is pure speculation, when season 12 starts, i’m sure it will become crystal clear what Zane's role will be. I'm speculating he will be suffering those repercussions you were talking about, maybe trying to rediscover himself after being forced to enslave an entire realm for decades against his will. 

Edited by Tobias_Jay

Avatar Pink Zane is a thing, but I guess we don't know if that's actually Zane yet. He could just have a completely normal role in this season, with his own Digi suit and Avatar with the others in the game. Cole and Nya also didn't get special Arcade Pod suits. 

Edited by GarmaFan

5 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I wonder if the choppy editing and the overall rushing of the ending was a result of the team trying to tell a 20 minute story in 11 minutes, lending to some constraints of the new standard runtime.

Do we know if they're returning to the old runtimes or continuing with the 11 minute episodes? The ''11 minutes long episodes'' structure really didn't work and this season really was all over the place. Definetely one of my least favorite seasons

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do we know if they're returning to the old runtimes or continuing with the 11 minute episodes? The ''11 minutes long episodes'' structure really didn't work and this season really was all over the place. Definetely one of my least favorite seasons

Tommy Andreasen has said the main format is 11 minutes for now, but the episode length and amount may vary.

30 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Tommy Andreasen has said the main format is 11 minutes for now, but the episode length and amount may vary.

:wall:

13 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

The only trouble is that the 2HY wave for Ninjago consists of 4 sets, 2 of which are Legacy sets. Unless we are only getting one season this year, those 2 sets are probably to do with the season releasing in the latter half of the year.

Is there a third 2020 wave? If not, the two story-based 2HY sets are almost certainly for Season 12. 

15 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

If those are the the only non-Legacy sets we're getting, then personally I think it's far more likely that they WILL be based around the same story arc as the current wave of sets. We've never had a season of the show or even a special based around as few as two sets, after all. Even Day of the Departed got more sets than that.

It's also possible that, like March of the Oni this year, we'll be getting some sort of mini-season or special mostly built around the Legacy sets themselves next year as well. That could help fill the gap if there's truly only one full new season of the show.

We only know of 4 sets in the summer, but does that necessarily mean those will be the only ones? Summer set lists usually don't leak until around now. If not, maybe they're saving up budget for big 10th anniversary stuff.

Edited by GarmaFan

2 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

We only know of 4 sets in the summer, but does that necessarily mean those will be the only ones? Summer set lists usually don't leak until around now. If not, maybe they're saving up budget for big 10th anniversary stuff.

Well, if the set numbers we already have aren't the full summer lineup, then that also raises the very real possibility that those set numbers aren't summer sets at all, but rather sets that are meant to come out sooner—in which case they are even more likely to tie in with the 1HY story arc rather than a future one. They could potentially be a sort of intermediate wave that comes out in March or April, or retailer-exclusive sets that haven't yet been revealed.

Edited by Lyichir

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I reckon the 11 minute episodes worked to a degree, as they allowed for more focus on even the most obscure side characters, they just need to work on the finales. If you still aren’t convinced with it, remember that Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu was very much a trial. Hopefully the next season will be a bit more polished.

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Well, if the set numbers we already have aren't the full summer lineup, then that also raises the very real possibility that those set numbers aren't summer sets at all, but rather sets that are meant to come out sooner—in which case they are even more likely to tie in with the 1HY story arc rather than a future one. They could potentially be a sort of intermediate wave that comes out in March or April, or retailer-exclusive sets that haven't yet been revealed.

Has Ninjago ever had a March/April wave? It would be a very welcome first.

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Last I checked, the Empire Dragon is the retailer exclusive.

I figure that these two will be like the two Skybound sets they tacked on to the Day of the Departed wave, or in a more indirect way how the Evil Harumi minifigure only popped up in 2HY sets of 2020; focusing on material that spoils significant plot elements of Season 12. And I do expect these to be a March/April release, can’t wait to find out what they are!

Also, this makes me curious about what the plot of this season will be. It seems like the bad guys’ plan is to free Unagami, because the Temple of Madness shows Unagami in some kind of control room with the main function being about releasing him and triggering the ‘GAME OVER’. (Also for some reason he’s the only character in the digiverse who doesn’t have a health bar except some of the people in the Gamer Market and that’s obviously just budget, so that’s ominous in itself.j But maybe that’s not the end-of-season climax but more of a mid-season change to the status quo? In which case one of the two upcoming sets will represent the ‘real climax’.

Oh, and they better not keep Digi Nya as exclusive to that Cyber Dragon. I love her suit but don’t want that set. It is not fair that Jay is in five sets this wave but Nya’s only in two and one of those is a random variant with (I think) recycled prints.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Last I checked, the Empire Dragon is the retailer exclusive.

I figure that these two will be like the two Skybound sets they tacked on to the Day of the Departed wave, or in a more indirect way how the Evil Harumi minifigure only popped up in 2HY sets of 2020; focusing on material that spoils significant plot elements of Season 12. And I do expect these to be a March/April release, can’t wait to find out what they are!

Also, this makes me curious about what the plot of this season will be. It seems like the bad guys’ plan is to free Unagami, because the Temple of Madness shows Unagami in some kind of control room with the main function being about releasing him and triggering the ‘GAME OVER’. (Also for some reason he’s the only character in the digiverse who doesn’t have a health bar except some of the people in the Gamer Market and that’s obviously just budget, so that’s ominous in itself.j But maybe that’s not the end-of-season climax but more of a mid-season change to the status quo? In which case one of the two upcoming sets will represent the ‘real climax’.

Oh, and they better not keep Digi Nya as exclusive to that Cyber Dragon. I love her suit but don’t want that set. It is not fair that Jay is in five sets this wave but Nya’s only in two and one of those is a random variant with (I think) recycled prints.

Yeah, the "avatar" variants of the ninja in the Gamer's Market are a real letdown compared to the much flashier "avatar" figs from the arcade pods. Yes, it's funny that Cole's avatar is his previous disguise Rocky Dangerbuff, and that Zane's is the classic pink ninja variant from the show, but neither their avatars nor Nya's hold a candle to the completely original printing and recolors for Kai, Jay, and Lloyd. And unfortunately if those avatars are in fact the ones they'll use in the show, I doubt either Nya, Cole, or Zane will get different ones in the remaining sets. It's a shame we only seem to be getting three arcade pods compared to the larger number of spinner sets we got in sets these previous two years.

Oh, back on the subject of why we haven't gotten either VR or new Legacy variants of Zane yet, one thing I forgot to mention in addition to the four unallocated set numbers is that I highly suspect we may get a new Ninjago D2C set this coming year (since Ninjago City and the Docks are both finally retiring). Since D2C sets tend to sell for multiple years, I reckon it's more likely that it will receive the Legacy branding and feature more "classic" Legacy variants of the ninja (either last year's, this year's, or maybe even an entirely new set of costumes)—possibly even all six of them, like the Temple of AIrjitzu. No idea what sort of set that might entail—one possibility that I can't help but hope for would be a large Borg Tower, but it's possible that they might choose something less specific to the third season in particular. Still, I would keep that possibility in mind, since we know very little about this coming year's D2C sets and unless there are leaks we're unlikely to find out much more than a month or so before their scheduled release dates.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, the "avatar" variants of the ninja in the Gamer's Market are a real letdown compared to the much flashier "avatar" figs from the arcade pods. Yes, it's funny that Cole's avatar is his previous disguise Rocky Dangerbuff, and that Zane's is the classic pink ninja variant from the show, but neither their avatars nor Nya's hold a candle to the completely original printing and recolors for Kai, Jay, and Lloyd. And unfortunately if those avatars are in fact the ones they'll use in the show, I doubt either Nya, Cole, or Zane will get different ones in the remaining sets. It's a shame we only seem to be getting three arcade pods compared to the larger number of spinner sets we got in sets these previous two years.

Oh, back on the subject of why we haven't gotten either VR or new Legacy variants of Zane yet, one thing I forgot to mention in addition to the four unallocated set numbers is that I highly suspect we may get a new Ninjago D2C set this coming year (since Ninjago City and the Docks are both finally retiring). Since D2C sets tend to sell for multiple years, I reckon it's more likely that it will receive the Legacy branding and feature more "classic" Legacy variants of the ninja (either last year's, this year's, or maybe even an entirely new set of costumes)—possibly even all six of them, like the Temple of AIrjitzu. No idea what sort of set that might entail—one possibility that I can't help but hope for would be a large Borg Tower, but it's possible that they might choose something less specific to the third season in particular. Still, I would keep that possibility in mind, since we know very little about this coming year's D2C sets and unless there are leaks we're unlikely to find out much more than a month or so before their scheduled release dates.

Is it just speculation or actual info?

42 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it just speculation or actual info?

Think of it as an estimated guess. There's no confirmation of whether or not one of next year's D2C sets will be a Ninjago one, but the Temple of Airjitzu didn't retire until shortly before Ninjago City took its place, so with Ninjago City now retired and Ninjago remaining a top-selling theme, it's not too much of a stretch to assume that a new Ninjago D2C might be introduced to take its place before the end of next year.

37 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

okay I feel ninjago should have had a underwater theme and they could have included characters from LEGO Atlantis , aqua zone or aqua raiders

I've definitely considered the possibility of an underwater Ninjago wave in the past. I'm not sure a crossover with those other themes would be necessary or even advisable, though, given that Atlantis and Aquazone already have plenty of their own worldbuilding that might be hard to reconcile with Ninjago's, while Aquazone and Aqua Raiders also don't have that much in the way of iconic characters in the first place.

One challenge I encountered when trying to conceptualize a wave like that back in the day was how to have the ninja visibly wear diving gear while still retaining that iconic ninja look. It's possible that recolors/redecorations of the new "cyber" headgear could work for that purpose, possibly combined with some type of air tanks depending on how well they'd fit with the headgear.