Whoa! A clearer image appeared of the Tuner Car and Kai has a trans green weapon pack sword with a new printed white hilt piece that’s shaped like a video game controller! That is such a cool piece! This is a great wave!

EDIT: Now that I’m looking closer, it appears in basically every set. I just mistook it for the classic three-stud white hilt we’ve had since 2011, recoloured in white. But this is way cooler!

Edited by Feng-huang0296

That big tower set is marvelous!

Those health bars are hilarious.
Is  Harumi cosplayin girl from KILL BILL? xD

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I knew it.

The Gamers Market is a bit of a Kryptarium Prison situation with a small build and a plethora of minifigs.

And I love it.

Those new gaming themed sets are looking really wild and give off a very cyberpunk-ish vibe.

Big surprises are Harumi being back (she's not hooking up with the next big wig villain, is she?) and Cole with his Dangerbuff mustache?

Those healthbars are a funny idea.

The Gamer Market has 9 minifigures. It's the first time we are getting so many minfigures in such a small set! Plus that Large Shuriken piece in Trans Neon Green looks amazing! It would look very good on a Constraction MOC! If the set is 30$ or less, I'm pretty sure I'll get it eventually.

The Tuner Car also looks pretty cool, and I love those Trans-Neon Green Blade pieces! Those too would work great for a Constraction MOC!

I was expecting a bigger build for the Gamer Market but I can't complain with the amount of minifigures included. You just can't argue with that. :classic:

I HATE Harumi being back, this could potentially ruin the entire ending to her story in SoG/Hunted. Was it really that difficult to let her remain dead?

Some observations:

- The Nya, Cole and Harumi Minifigures In the Gamer’s Market are ‘Avatar’ variants. So I would wonder if Harumi really is alive or someone in this game has for some reason just chosen her likeness to be their avatar in the game. All I’m saying is, lets hold out on the ‘Harumi is alive’ outcry for a bit. 

- the new suits are called ‘Digi’ suits (at least I think thats what they say)

- The 404 figure looks to be called ‘Red Visor’ and the appearance of two of them in the Tuner Car set makes me wonder if they’re the ‘goons’ that serve Unagami. 

- The ‘Karlof-lookin’ guy in the Gamer’s Market is tragically not our Metalonian friend, but a new character who’s name appears to be Okino (?)

- The figure I and I think many others thought was Jay’s Avatar is actually a new character called Scott. I wonder why he chose an avatar that looks kinda like Jay; long lost brother?

- Speaking of Jay, the box art seems to imply this will be a Jay-centric season. 

Also, can anyone make out the name of the chef guy in the Empire Temple? He’s the only minifigure name I can’t quite read.

Edited by Tobias_Jay

I'm no big Ninjago fan and I only have a random smattering of sets, but that Gamer's Market certainly has my attention. Gee whiz Ninjago sure continues to deliver with amazing new concepts and designs.

Sword hilts that are game controllers? What genius thinks up this stuff!

Someone on Instagram noted that the Harumi outfit looks very, very much like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Not just similar, but literally the same details down to the style of the belt and colour and placement of the little patches. How interesting.

You can make out those names?

25 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

- The figure I and I think many others thought was Jay’s Avatar is actually a new character called Scott. I wonder why he chose an avatar that looks kinda like Jay; long lost brother?

- Speaking of Jay, the box art seems to imply this will be a Jay-centric season. 

Also, can anyone make out the name of the chef guy in the Empire Temple? He’s the only minifigure name I can’t quite read.

Can you tell the digi dragons’ names? I can’t make them out.

Also, Scott? Really? Interesting . .

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Whoa! A clearer image appeared of the Tuner Car and Kai has a trans green weapon pack sword with a new printed white hilt piece that’s shaped like a video game controller! That is such a cool piece! This is a great wave!

Very cool indeed! And you could use the stud on the side to attach a cable. :classic:

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Is  Harumi cosplayin girl from KILL BILL? xD

This can't be a coincidence, right? :wink: Love it!

1 hour ago, badchriss said:

Those new gaming themed sets are looking really wild and give off a very cyberpunk-ish vibe.

They do! I think these are going to sell like hotcakes, especially with the consecutive gaming crazes like Fortnite, Apex Legends (not very sure) and Overwatch. The Gamers Market in particular is a party in a box. You can have a battle royale, or a duel with crowd, or pretend you're buying characters, skins, or other vanity items; so meta

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

[...]sword with a new printed white hilt piece that’s shaped like a video game controller! That is such a cool piece! This is a great wave!

That piece is so ridiculous, I love it :wub: Now we basically have the equivalents of the SNES, PSone and PS3 controllers, even though the latter has a gaping hole in one if the sides. Hey, at least it can be held less awkwardly by minifigs than the previous specimens :grin:

I'm in love with that gamer's market. I have been waiting since I was a kid watching the pilot season to get that pink ninja. I wonder if it is the Zane head underneath.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You can make out those names?

Can you tell the digi dragons’ names? I can’t make them out.

Also, Scott? Really? Interesting . .

Pink one is Richie. Green one is harder to make out, but I think it’s Krusher

Unfortunately, it seems like the Gamer Market is going to be 40$. I hoped it was 30$ or less, but I should have known that they wouldn't put so many minifigures in such a cheap set.

Just now, AnyColourYouLike said:

Is that Johnny Thunder's hat?! 

No, it's just a normal cowboy hat. (Though it seems to be in a new color)

BTW, anyone picking up DeLorean vibes from that Ninja Tuner Car? :shrug_oh_well:

lego-ninjago2020-71710-007.jpg

3 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Is that Johnny Thunder's hat?! 

Nah, it's just a typical cowboy hat.

Looking at the new sets, I'm not sure I'll be picking up any of the smaller ones, the cyber aesthetic just isn't doing it for me. I do really like the Temple of Madness though, which is giving off a ton of Nexo Knights vibes in all the right ways.

The lama-rats are great. But those controller pieces!! Woohooo! 
also white boomerangs again and is that navy hat in a new colour?