On 11/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New ninja leaked (looks much better than Jay, Lloyd and Nya). Main colour of his suit is either black or dark blue. He has the same mask and "sword holder" as other ninjas, but holder is black. He has robe printing with red and light blue details, plus a 404 number on it. The face he's using is the one that leaked a while ago - the one with red eyes and light blue details (the one that's "pixelized").

This is very intriguing, as it's not a ninja we know. It may be some villain, I have no idea, but the whole wave might leak soon, as it's November now.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:19 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don’t know if that’s entirely right - the symbol on his headset is Cole’s, so it might be the wrong mask. But it’s fairly obviously not Cole . . if I might make a suggestion, let’s call this guy 404 for now, because it’s on his torso. 
Which is pretty clever, referencing a 404 File Not Found error. 

I have a theory about "404": He is Mr. E. 

Their colour-scheme is the same (with the addition of blue in the case of "404"), "404" appears to have silver metal legs, and, aside from the three SoG Generals, no other Ninjago characters have numbers on their outfits (including the leaked Minifigs), so this is an odd stylistic choice for someone unrelated. Additionally, the 404 reference fits with the existing play on the word "mystery" - I.E. "mystery character not found". 

Story-wise, Mr. E is the only Nindroid whose creator is unknown (Harumi's comment that he was "built to be a cut above the rest" precludes the producers' original plan for him to be Echo Zane), so he could be connected to Unagami/Prime Empire. Furthermore, even if Mr. E were not originally associated with Unagami, he could easily have created a backup of himself at Borg Tower before he was 'killed' (which would not be the first time that this has occurred - See Zane), and somehow ended up in the game. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman
Edit: Paragraph Spacing

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I have a theory about "404": He is Mr. E. 

Their colour-scheme is the same (with the addition of blue in the case of "404"), "404" appears to have silver metal legs, and, aside from the three SoG Generals, no other Ninjago characters have numbers on their outfits (including the leaked Minifigs), so this is an odd stylistic choice for someone unrelated. Additionally, the 404 reference fits with the existing play on the word "mystery" - I.E. "mystery character not found". 

Story-wise, Mr. E is the only Nindroid whose creator is unknown (Harumi's comment that he was "built to be a cut above the rest" precludes the producers' original plan for him to be Echo Zane), so he could be connected to Unagami/Prime Empire. Furthermore, even if Mr. E were not originally associated with Unagami, he could easily have created a backup of himself at Borg Tower before he was 'killed' (which would not be the first time that this has occurred - See Zane), and somehow ended up in the game. 

I like that theory! Plus, Mr. E has a history of pretending to be a ninja, which might explain why he now looks like he’s an evil ninja. 

27 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I like that theory! Plus, Mr. E has a history of pretending to be a ninja, which might explain why he now looks like he’s an evil ninja. 

The ninja mask that is on the leaked "404" Minifig is actually Cole's, so he could wear any kind of headgear in his proper assembly. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The ninja mask that is on the leaked "404" Minifig is actually Cole's, so he could wear any kind of headgear in his proper assembly. 

. . I know. I was the first person to notice that. I meant his robes, he looks like he’s wearing a gi of some kind. 

28 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

. . I know. I was the first person to notice that. I meant his robes, he looks like he’s wearing a gi of some kind. 

Oh. I see his outfit as a futuristic jacket (similar to Clu's overcoat in TRON: Legacy), rather than as a ninja gi (due to the lack of a belt), so I assumed that you were referring to his headgear. ?

An image of another of the VR-visor dragon creatures has leaked, but this one is Sand Green (head/torso) with orange legs, and has a more weathered, cobbled-together, appearance than the pink version (somewhat reminiscent of Junkrat from the Overwatch line). 

A new minifigure leaked. It looks like . . well, it looks like I got ninja’d. Congrats, @Classic_Spaceman

I think I preferred the pink one. Still, the fact that this is a recurring series of similar characters rather than just a one-off is interesting.

8 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Still, the fact that this is a recurring series of similar characters rather than just a one-off is interesting.

What I find particularly interesting is the difference in design-styles between characters: (Presumably) Unagami and "404" have a black/red/teal Tron theme that is not shared by either of the VR dragons, and the VR dragons have no unifying design characteristic beyond their species. Perhaps we are getting another two-faction season? ?

41 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What I find particularly interesting is the difference in design-styles between characters: (Presumably) Unagami and "404" have a black/red/teal Tron theme that is not shared by either of the VR dragons, and the VR dragons have no unifying design characteristic beyond their species. Perhaps we are getting another two-faction season? ?

You’re forgetting the digital coral butcher from a while back. The plot said that civilians were getting trapped in the game, I suspect the VR dragons and the butcher and probably a fair few other minifigures we haven’t seen yet are civilians, who might have been co-opted into working for Unagami but aren’t really aligned with them. Maybe the VR dragons are siblings IRL, or lovers, or something.

It’s also worth noting that the only two sets for this year that are directly villain associated are the Empire Temple of Madness and Empire Dragon. All the rest are ninja focused. It’s possible that this year there won’t be masseable grunts, no generic Sky Pirates, no unnamed Vermillion, no assortment of near-identical Blizzard Samurai. Unagami will probably be in both Empire themed sets, 404 also probably in the Empire Temple and maybe one of the ninja sets, and then the ‘antagonists’ will just be fellow gamers competing against the ninja (probably with varying degrees of friendliness). 

46 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You’re forgetting the digital coral butcher from a while back. The plot said that civilians were getting trapped in the game, I suspect the VR dragons and the butcher and probably a fair few other minifigures we haven’t seen yet are civilians, who might have been co-opted into working for Unagami but aren’t really aligned with them. Maybe the VR dragons are siblings IRL, or lovers, or something.

The butcher is definitely a trapped civilian, but I am not sure that the VR dragons are. Characters that exist within the game, such as the avatars that we have seen (Lloyd, Jay, civilian), “404”, and Unagami, have human form and no VR/MoCap gear. Characters that exist outside the game, such as the Ninja (Lloyd, Nya, Jay, Cole), have VR headsets and MoCap harnesses on their suits. Since both VR dragons have headsets and MoCap dots on their suits, they are probably not avatars. 

It’s also worth noting that the only two sets for this year that are directly villain associated are the Empire Temple of Madness and Empire Dragon. All the rest are ninja focused. 

The car is also likely to be a villain set: 

On 10/26/2019 at 2:19 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Nope. The car doesn’t really belong to a ninja 

It’s also worth noting that the only two sets for this year that are directly villain associated are the Empire Temple of Madness and Empire Dragon. All the rest are ninja focused. It’s possible that this year there won’t be masseable grunts, no generic Sky Pirates, no unnamed Vermillion, no assortment of near-identical Blizzard Samurai. Unagami will probably be in both Empire themed sets, 404 also probably in the Empire Temple and maybe one of the ninja sets, and then the ‘antagonists’ will just be fellow gamers competing against the ninja (probably with varying degrees of friendliness). 

Only two of the Season 11 sets have villain-associated names (70678 - “Castle of the Forsaken Emperor” and 70674 - “Fire Fang”), but there are a total of 13 generic grunts across two different factions (not counting the Spinner set, blister-pack, and foil packs), so set names are not necessarily the best way of determining Minifig breakdown. Additionally, antagonists with buildable armies are a larger source of revenue for LEGO than are armies with completely unique members (hence why army-builder-type sets are fairly common across a variety of themes). 

A clearer picture of “Unagami” has leaked - His alternate face appears to be Zane’s

Also, he has MoCap dots on his robe, so I retract my prior comment. 

27 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A clearer picture of “Unagami” has leaked - His alternate face appears to be Zane’s

No way it’s Zane, he has Jay’s notched eyebrow if anything. 

Though Unagami might actually be Echo Zane . . huh. I doubt they’d use ‘evil Zane’ as the villain twice in a row.

Do you guys see all new photos of figures released??? Maybe green and ping guys are henchmens of Unagami?

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

No way it’s Zane, he has Jay’s notched eyebrow if anything. 

The facial structure is Zane's, and Jay no longer has a notched eyebrow after the TLNM redesign (also, we have seen Jay's avatar, and he looks nothing like Unagami). 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Though Unagami might actually be Echo Zane . . huh. I doubt they’d use ‘evil Zane’ as the villain twice in a row.

Zane having some residual corruption from his time as the Ice Emperor makes sense, but using him as the main villain in two back-to-back seasons does not

Echo Zane is my theory as well - The producers already planned to make him a villain (only cutting the subplot for time/pacing), so using him as the main villain would allow the necessary time for his backstory to be fully explained. If this is indeed the case, perhaps Echo Zane/Unagami is Mr. E's creator? Echo Zane was built from Zane's original plans, so he could reverse-engineer himself to build an identical nindroid, then upgrade him to be "a cut above the rest". 

Edit: Zane' eyes (post-Rebooted) are always light blue/silver (even during his time as the Ice Emperor), but Unagami's appear to be gold - The same colour as Echo Zane's! 

13 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The facial structure is Zane's, and Jay no longer has a notched eyebrow after the TLNM redesign (also, we have seen Jay's avatar, and he looks nothing like Unagami). 

Zane having some residual corruption from his time as the Ice Emperor makes sense, but using him as the main villain in two back-to-back seasons does not

Echo Zane is my theory as well - The producers already planned to make him a villain (only cutting the subplot for time/pacing), so using him as the main villain would allow the necessary time for his backstory to be fully explained. If this is indeed the case, perhaps Echo Zane/Unagami is Mr. E's creator? Echo Zane was built from Zane's original plans, so he could reverse-engineer himself to build an identical nindroid, then upgrade him to be "a cut above the rest". 

Edit: Zane' eyes (post-Rebooted) are always light blue/silver (even during his time as the Ice Emperor), but Unagami's appear to be gold - The same colour as Echo Zane's! 

Yes, or maybe Zane was hacked because he is a robot and that is why this theme is like cyber. It could be him acting against his will

13 hours ago, Sugoi said:

Yes, or maybe Zane was hacked because he is a robot and that is why this theme is like cyber. It could be him acting against his will

That was basically the plot of Season 11, though (and even then, his eyes did not change colour). ?
Additionally, the Echo Zane-style face is Unagami's alternate expression, with his main one having a (seemingly) different structure. This could mean that Echo Zane was hacked/corrupted, but he is unlikely to be Zane himself. 

Edit: A clearer picture of Unagami shows that both expressions have gold eyes. 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

He is not Zane - Emperor Unagami is the main villain of Season 12, and there's no way they are gonna do the same thing as Season 11 (with Zane plot twist).

Don't you think that not every villain needs to be connected somehow to the other character? Maybe he's just a random new villain straight out of nowhere. 

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't you think that not every villain needs to be connected somehow to the other character? Maybe he's just a random new villain straight out of nowhere. 

While I do not need every new villain to be connected to an existing character, there are definite visual similarities between Unagami/Echo Zane and "404"/Mr. E. Additionally, as the video game setting can easily facilitate the return of two nindroid characters, there is an increased likelihood that these similarities are not mere coincidence. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While I do not need every new villain to be connected to an existing character, there are definite visual similarities between Unagami/Echo Zane and "404"/Mr. E. Additionally, as the video game setting can easily facilitate the return of two nindroid characters, there is an increased likelihood that these similarities are not mere coincidence. 

What figure are you referring to with ''404''? 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What figure are you referring to with ''404''? 

This: 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New ninja leaked (looks much better than Jay, Lloyd and Nya). Main colour of his suit is either black or dark blue. He has the same mask and "sword holder" as other ninjas, but holder is black. He has robe printing with red and light blue details, plus a 404 number on it. The face he's using is the one that leaked a while ago - the one with red eyes and light blue details (the one that's "pixelized").

This is very intriguing, as it's not a ninja we know. It may be some villain, I have no idea, but the whole wave might leak soon, as it's November now.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ah, thank you. I though that was Cole for some odd reason :shrug_oh_well:

The “odd reason” is that he is (incorrectly) assembled with Cole’s mask: 

On 11/4/2019 at 10:11 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

On 11/5/2019 at 1:54 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

31 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The “odd reason” is that he is (incorrectly) assembled with Cole’s mask:

I guess I really should've read the previous posts then :laugh_hard: