HOLY CRAP THE NEW LLOYD FIGURE LEAKED AND HE LOOKS AMAZING! Look at that new mask! That gorgeous dual-moulded visor/mask! If all the ninjas have that I’m going to be so thrilled! Maybe it’s some kind of VR headset? It looks totally awesome. Interesting that they picked white, though. White normally isn’t one of Lloyd’s colours, with the exception of this year’s mech. I wonder if there’s some in-universe explanation for the headset in the mask being white? Will all of the ninjas’ headsets be white (if indeed they all have headsets like this)?

Also, one thing I recall; the leaked set list had Arcade Pod sets for just Kai, Jay and Lloyd. This new suit might be the Arcade Pod, in which case we’d not get this variant for Kai, Jay and Lloyd. Which would kind of suck since that mask is amazing and I feel like it’d have the most custom potential in Cole black or Zane white.

Heh, that non-Avatar Lloyd does look kinda cool... :thumbup: ...but, I still wish they'd give us some ninja attire designs that were completely devoid of creased, loose-fitting fabric, just for a high-tech Cyberpunk look more closely in line with something outta Tron: Legacy. Oh well, at least the torso design does just that... :def_shrug:

tron_legacy_promo_image_disc_game_01-600x432.jpg

1 hour ago, obsidianheart said:

Really like that new Nya.

Yes! All of the ninja are getting that new mask! And Nya is gorgeous! I might just have to collect all of the suits for this wave just for the sake of it (which I usually don’t bother with), the two we’ve seen already look amazing and I’m sure the others will be just as good.

Also, the shoulder armour has lovely sword sheaths. I love it. 

11 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

From the color scheme I first thought it was Zane?

On 10/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, obsidianheart said:

She has a rather interesting-looking HUD print as her alternate face. Kinda giving me some Ready Player One vibes somewhat. :shrug_oh_well:

So it looks like they all wear fresh ninja garbs, but they wear motion trackers and VR headsets over them.

Very interesting.

Wouldn't be surprised if those suits without the headsets and trackers ended up as the "new suits" for a 2020 Summer Wave.

2 hours ago, PenPlays said:

So it looks like they all wear fresh ninja garbs, but they wear motion trackers and VR headsets over them.

Very interesting.

Wouldn't be surprised if those suits without the headsets and trackers ended up as the "new suits" for a 2020 Summer Wave.

Is that what the black and blue harnesses are? Motion capture tech? Neat, I didn’t realise that.

And I don’t know, if you look at the track record of masks; there was the original one recycled from the old Ninja theme, the ZX masks, which were used 2012-2015. Six waves. The Deepstone masks, which were used 2015-2017, four waves. The Movie masks, which were used 2017-2018, three waves. The Legacy masks, which were used for two waves, 2019 . . 

. . . damnit. I was going to make a point about how unlikely it is that they’d make a new mask mould for just one wave and immediately replace it, but looking at the trend . . . 

Honestly, for these suits, it seems like the Deepstone masks would be the most accurate mould for ‘non-headset’ variants of this wave’s suits. I think that might need to be left for customs, though, I can’t imagine them reintroducing that mold after three years.

Then again, they did with the original ninja mask for Nelson and Pink Zane . . 

Wow. I have mix feelings about these suits, but first of all... pink ZANE!!:grin_wub:

Now, the suits are... ok, I guess. I like the molds for the masks and the futuristic style for these suits, but I hate how they put their colors with white. This is the first time they use white for a suit that's not for Zane and it looks ugly (Except maybe Nya's) and Lloyd's pod suit... whAT THE HELL *huh*. Why does he have a golden crest?? aside from that, I like how they mixed the green colors

On 10/17/2019 at 6:23 AM, badchriss said:

From the color scheme I first thought it was Zane?

I did as well. I have a theory that that may be intentional. SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW BELOW:

Spoiler

Now that we know Zane is the in fact the Ice Emperor, maybe he actually either stays a villain and/or dies? It's been a very big deal that Nya learns how to harness Ice as well, so very possibly she replaces Zane on the team. As such, her new gi reflects that fact.

13 hours ago, The Brick King said:

I did as well. I have a theory that that may be intentional. SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW BELOW:

Hide contents

Now that we know Zane is the in fact the Ice Emperor, maybe he actually either stays a villain and/or dies? It's been a very big deal that Nya learns how to harness Ice as well, so very possibly she replaces Zane on the team. As such, her new gi reflects that fact.

wow zane turned evil thats a great idea to freshen things up

14 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Hide contents

I think that at the end of this season they will redeem him, but he will stay in Never realm as punishment for what hie did to them. That theory fits perfectly with leaked set names as there's no Zane Arcade pod.

The 2020 wave for Ninjago seems very promising. Tbh, Ninjago never disappoints. So I'm setting high standards. I think I'll be picking up that Gamers Market. That seems like a good addition to Tokyo Avenue. 

Edited by pooda

2 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

wait isn't nya wearing the new pink suit? might reinforce that theory *huh*

The pink suit’s almost definitely going to be in one of the Legacy sets, and those don’t have to observe the current plot of the show. Even if Zane does get written out (highly unlikely IMO) he’ll almost definitely still appear in the Legacy wave.

Also there’s still two non-Legacy Ninjago sets for this wave whose names we don’t know yet. Good odds that at least one of them will be an Avatar Pod for Cole, Nya or Zane, if not a double pack. 

8 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

wait isn't nya wearing the new pink suit? might reinforce that theory *huh*

No thats Zane's suit,  it accidently gets turned pink in one episode. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

No thats Zane's suit,  it accidently gets turned pink in one episode. 

when i said new, i meant the print, but fact-check me on the show i've spent half my existence a fan of i guess

On 10/17/2019 at 2:45 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, the shoulder armour has lovely sword sheaths. I love it. 

Not only that, but in the middle it seems to have a bar hole, so you could attach a samurai banner (or sashimono) on the back! I hope this piece gets some darker recoulours. :classic:

34 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Not only that, but in the middle it seems to have a bar hole, so you could attach a samurai banner (or sashimono) on the back! I hope this piece gets some darker recoulours. :classic:

Oh yeah, I didn’t notice that! That’s awesome!

10 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

when i said new, i meant the print, but fact-check me on the show i've spent half my existence a fan of i guess

One thing about figure leaks is that even when they seem authentic, certain aspects of them need to be taken with a grain of salt. There's no guarantee that a figure that gets snuck out of a factory was assembled with the correct head, torso, legs, and accessories. So while the face of that leaked pink Zane doesn't look like Zane, we can't know for sure whether that face was intended for that figure or if it was from another, different fig and the person who leaked it merely assumed that the pink ninja would get a face with feminine eyelashes.