1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, does anyone here have any sorta clue where that one leaked mystery torso may belong to? It depicts an unzipped, Earth Green biker's jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, an orange "Phoenix" insignia on the back, and tan-colored hands. :shrug_confused:

The seatbelt catch....belt is a pretty interesting, and probably telling, design choice.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

The seatbelt catch....belt is a pretty interesting, and probably telling, design choice.

Someone on Instagram speculated that the torso may belong to the Speed Champions theme, particularly for the driver of a Pontiac Trans-Am. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Someone on Instagram speculated that the torso may belong to the Speed Champions theme, particularly for the driver of a Pontiac Trans-Am. :shrug_oh_well:

I saw that. It could be, but I would have hoped they would have actually copied the Screaming Chicken, and not just did their own design.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, does anyone here have any sorta clue where that one leaked mystery torso may belong to? It depicts an unzipped, Earth Green biker's jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, an orange "Phoenix" insignia on the back, and tan-colored hands. :shrug_confused:

I saw a suggestion it might be for a Pontiac Firebird Speed Champions set, and the fact it had a 70s-80s era seatbelt as a beltbuckle lends some weight to that claim, but I haven't seen any character who wears that outfit or symbol.

Edited by obsidianheart

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I saw that. It could be, but I would have hoped they would have actually copied the Screaming Chicken, and not just did their own design.

The alternative suggestion made by others there was that it could instead belong to next year's second wave of Hidden Side sets; but, I'm kinda blissfully pondering that it could rather be a part of another all-new original playtheme. :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pretty sure its for marvel. 

1 hour ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Pretty sure its for marvel. 

Well, what exactly makes you think that? :shrug_confused:

I may not be encyclopedically knowledgeable in all things Marvel, but I'm pretty sure nothing like that could source from either the comics or preexisting cinematic adaptations of such. At best, if it does belong to anything Marvel-related, perhaps it belongs to a tie-in set for May 2020's MCU Black Widow solo film? :def_shrug:

On 8/11/2019 at 7:07 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Cole avatar perhaps

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By that, do you mean casual attire for the character? 

He’s referencing the Avatar Pod versions of the characters, which we currently know nothing about. I doubt it, as the face for Jay seems like a unique elemental one that would appear in such a set and the relatively mundane clothing doesn’t seem to lend itself to that at all.

I'd be disappointed if the Avatar form is once again limited to some of the team rather than everyone. Bar the one for Lloyd (which I treat more as a "Gold Ninja" figure), I passed on the Spinjutzu Slam as I couldn't get everyone in their "super form" and it looks like the same could apply for the Avatars next year. I'm very much a "I want to display everyone in this look or have no one" type of collector and the leaked Jay head does look good, so not having everyone is disappointing. I get Nya is the least likely to sell to the target audience (which is annoying as she represents my favourite classical/Greek element) and I'm arguably in the minority for wanting to have everyone but it does mean they'd be a pass for me.

As for "Legacy Wave 2", I'd be interested but it does depend on how the suits look. I did like the revamped/remixed suits from wave 1 (though I'll admit I'd have preferred it if Nya's was retconned to be grey rather that crimson, but that's nit picking) and I'd love to see revamped versions of the one from the stone army, nindroid or the tournament waves. However, if they're the exact same suits as wave 1 then they'll be a pass for me.

Ah, the 2020 thread! The Empire Temple of Madness sounds like music to my ears; you can never have too many temples! 

On 8/11/2019 at 11:12 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

The alternative suggestion made by others there was that it could instead belong to next year's second wave of Hidden Side sets; but, I'm kinda blissfully pondering that it could rather be a part of another all-new original playtheme. 

I give 90% for it being for Speed Champions, 9% for it being Harry Potter (or whatever they want to call it these days), 0.999% for it being Hidden Side, and 0.001% for it being from an all-new original IP. :tongue:

I am pretty hyped to see where this goes. I am curious what those Avatar Pods are... like another generic 10$ gimmick or something completely new?

And the Gamers Market and Temple of Madness sound like pretty interesting sets.

As for the Legacy 2 sets, I wasn't really a fan of the first Legacy wave (except for the Monastery, I love that one) so I am not very excited about it. Also, I don't see any point in it since the 100th Ninjago episode already passed.

Edited by Lego David

Since we are getting more Legacy sets in 2020, and one of them is Jungle Raider, what are the chances we'll get anacondrai cultist in their snake forms? Would really like to see minifigs of Anacondrai Chen and Clouse( human form).

I hope that Enter the Serpent gets remade because the day I was going to get it at Walmart it was already gone for good.

Legacy Jay just leaked. It's a remake of the Season 4 (Tournament of Elements) suit - the one with exposed arms and no mask. Regular new Jay face and hair, blue bandana; the suit is normal blue, and it has this new "sharp" and survival look. Really cool.

That new torunament robe looks better than the original. I wanna see how they will look like with the other Ninja

Edited by Ronan54

On 10/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, GarmaFan said:

It also kind of looks like the Rebooted suit, but sleeveless.

I wouldn't be surprised if the design being kind of a "middle ground" were intentional, so that it could feel appropriate for both Season 3 inspired sets (like the Thunder Raider) and Season 4 inspired sets (like the Jungle Raider). One way or another, I wouldn't expect it to be meant as a re-imagining of one particular suit, nor tied to sets based on one particular season, any more than the previous Legacy suits were.

A pink ninja has just leaked, as well as a character with the Hidden Side hood/cap combo piece in black + a weird trans-pink sword... 2020 is going to be crazy :laugh:

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

A pink ninja has just leaked, as well as a character with the Hidden Side hood/cap combo piece in black + a weird trans-pink sword... 2020 is going to be crazy :laugh:

Finally, Pink Zane!

Also, the new evil gamer guy looks amazing . . . I knew that head wasn't a Jay head! Also OMG that gorgeous new sword.