• 71702: Golden Mech (489 pieces)
  • 71703 Lightning Jet Battle (4+)
  • 71704 Kai Fighter
  • 71705 Destiny’s Bounty (1,718 pieces)

Winter TV Season

• 71706: Cole's Speeder Car (52 pieces)  4+
  • 71707: Kai's Mech Jet (217 pieces) 
  • 71708: Gamer's Market (218 pieces) 
  • 71709: Jay And Lloyd's Velocity Racers (322 pieces) 
  • 71710: Ninja Tuner Car (419 pieces) 
  • 71711: Jay's Cyber Dragon (518 pieces) 
  • 71712: Empire Temple Of Madness (810 pieces) 
  • 71713: Empire Dragon (286 pieces) 
  • 71714: Kai Avatar - Arcade Pod (49 pieces) 
  • 71715: Jay Avatar - Arcade Pod (47 pieces) 
  • 71716: Lloyd Avatar - Arcade Pod (48 pieces) 

Summer TV Season

• 71717 Journey to the Skull Dungeons
  • 71718 Wu’s Battle Dragon
  • 71719 Zane’s Mino Creature
  • 71720 Fire Stone Mech
  • 71721 Skull Sorcerer’s Dragon
  • 71722 Skull Sorcerer’s Dungeon
  • 70685 Spinjitzu Burst Cole
  • 70686 Spinjitzu Burst Kai
  •  70687 Spinjitzu Burst Lloyd
Edited by GarmaFan

Right, posted this in the 2019 thread but it probably belongs here..

Part of me is a little disappointed Legacy seems to be sticking to previously released sets, which means that there’s little to no chance we get sets based on stuff in the show that never made it into a set, namely an Overlord Dragon, Borg Tower, Nindroid Spaceship, the list goes on. A new golden mech should be good (although I was already a fan of the first so I’m excited to see how they improve it) and I’m curious to see what other sets they’ll improve.

I’m also really happy that Ninjago is popular enough they can run a Legacy wave alongside a regular TV wave. Regarding the names and general theme of the sets (Cyber Dragon, Gamers Market, Arcade Pod), I wonder if this means we’ll see the Digiverse resurface...

Sorry a noob question but where do I find the new set list? And does this mean only the names are released or pictures and everything too? Super curious about this!

Edit: I found the list myself, are we allowed to post and link it here? I'm curious and interested about the "Gamers Market" and the "Empire Temple of Madness" mostly. The others don't sound as good but maybe I'll change my mind about it when I see the new sets.

Edited by Park7573

On 7/17/2019 at 4:33 PM, GarmaFan said:

I wonder if the Legacy wave coming out in winter means that there won't be a summer wave.

I'm thinking maybe at pre-christmas run with the legacy sets (released date maybe Black Friday) and then a season 12 released date in January or March. Just my  thoughts. I know Avengers if getting a 6 wave release a month before Christmas. Who's to say there won't be a bigger release right before the holiday season...seems kinda genuis to me.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, GarmaFan said:

I wonder if the Legacy wave coming out in winter means that there won't be a summer wave.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that these are all part of the same wave. Based on the purported origins of the leak (internal Lego data leaked by an employee), for all we know these leaks could represent a wide range of release dates, which would explain the number of sets as well as the inconsistency of how finalized the names and part counts of the sets in question are.

On 7/19/2019 at 2:54 PM, GarmadonFan said:

This would be a great time for a Temple of Airjitzu legacy set to be released.  

Oh damn, you're right. I would love a legacy Temple of Airjitzu set to be released. One can dream!

Hey cool, Tuner cars right when I am getting obsessed with cars again.

Looking good for the future of Ninjago.

21 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

That would be pretty cool as long as it wasn't done at the micro-scale.  

agreed. I'd be down to drop a pretty penny on an Orthac (or bigger) sized Tower.

On 7/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Looking good for the future of Ninjago.

I agree, but personally I hope they will release some more original sets that aren't just cars, mechs or dragons.

Edited by Park7573

Just some random thoughts. Based on this list, I hope for a Tron aesthetic from the supposed Season 12 wave. "Velocity Racers," in particular, make me think of light cycles. I'm excited to see we will be receiving 2 dragons! Considering that only the "Empire" and Jay receive dragons (based on the list,) I believe they are the main antagonist and protagonist of this wave, respectively. Jay also receives more than one build, something to note when he received no vehicles in the Summer 2019 wave. Also, The Empire Temple of Madness just sounds epic. I want to see a temple with a completely chaotic aesthetic, maybe a black base with some crazy neon colors.

As for the Legacy wave, I am surprised they are doing one so soon again. If this wave is released separately from the techno wave, I realistically expect this wave to be released in Winter, and the techno one in Summer. The Golden Mech is a pleasant surprise, as the original was amazing. Though I wonder if they are remaking the whole Temple of Light set. The original had just below 100 pieces more (the new one is said to have 489.) If they scaled down the Golden Mech to be the size of say, the Samurai Mech from Legacy 1, then I believe LEGO could use the remainder of the parts to make a smaller, but wholesome Temple. Realistically, however, I just expect a larger Golden Mech.

The other choices are interesting. From what I have seen, the only one that's confirmed is the Jungle Raider. I think the original vehicle had a lot of charm, though there are better sets from the ToE wave to remake sets of. The Titanium Dragon or Enter the Serpent come to mind. I hope they condense the Raider and make it a tad more polished. It would also be cool to see them go all out with the spike aesthetic.

The others rumored are Thunder Raider and Kai's Dragon. Thunder Raider had an awesome concept with some fun vehicles, but I feel that the Ninjacopter is more iconic, especially considering the focus of the Rebooted wave was on Zane. That said, I'm excited to see if they beef up Jay's tread vehicle, as the original just didn't look too good without Cole's mech. As for Kai's dragon, I hope it has some pre-fab, organic-looking elements, considering it is a 4+ set.

6 hours ago, Park7573 said:

I agree, but personally I hope they will release some more original sets that aren't just cars, mechs or dragons.

I don't think there's any reason to think they won't. "Gamer's Market" and "Empire Temple of Madness" both definitely sound like location-focused sets, and it's also not uncommon to see sets focusing on other sorts of vehicles like boats or aircraft at least once every couple of years.

Suffice to say that while Ninjago continues to revisit a lot of the same sorts of subject matter it has in the past (as most long-running themes do), it's not lacking for versatility in the slightest, and it certainly hasn't been any less varied in the past few waves than it was towards the start.

14 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I don't think there's any reason to think they won't. "Gamer's Market" and "Empire Temple of Madness" both definitely sound like location-focused sets, and it's also not uncommon to see sets focusing on other sorts of vehicles like boats or aircraft at least once every couple of years.

Suffice to say that while Ninjago continues to revisit a lot of the same sorts of subject matter it has in the past (as most long-running themes do), it's not lacking for versatility in the slightest, and it certainly hasn't been any less varied in the past few waves than it was towards the start.

You're completely right about everything of course. I agree with all of what you said, I'm just very hopeful for even more location-focused sets. I'm still really happy with most of the sets from Ninjago as it is my favourite Lego theme right now.

okay I am interested to what the dragon and the temple of madness sets look like , im expecting a labyrinth style set filled with traps

Well, we've got a leak - it's a face of one of the "Gamer" villains. Black face with some red and blue pixel face design. Looks intetersting.

Face seems interesting; will hold out judgement until we see the most interesting parts (usually headgear/armor)

Leaked faces confirm what I feared new wave will be techno based. Please don't be another type of nindroid , Rebooted is my least favorite season and wave (besides Ninjago City temple). 

Perhaps a return to the Digiverse

But it has been corrupted by viruses and stuff.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:33 PM, GarmaFan said:

The legacy and TV season sets were separated this year so it'll probably be The same next year.

BTW, does anyone here have any sorta clue where that one leaked mystery torso may belong to? It depicts an unzipped, Earth Green biker's jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, an orange "Phoenix" insignia on the back, and tan-colored hands. :shrug_confused: