Sven J

1957 Chevrolet 210 4-Door Hardtop in 12-wide (1/18 scale)

Hi all,

For once I’d like to present no railroad model, but a car in rather exact 1/18 scale. A 1957 Chevrolet 210 „Sport Sedan“ 4-door hardtop, to be precise – the less costly, less glamorous version of the famed Bel Air.
Well, actually, this model has a railroad background, too… For my upcoming locomotive model, I wanted to have some background decoration. So I searched the web and found this Chevy Bel Air on Mocpages. Ok, I thought, I’ll modify that one a little and it will do – well, not a bit of it!
In the end, I revised the template to an extent that the two models have hardly a part in common. Not even the basic chassis, its wheelbase and length remained untouched. I used a lot of custom chrome parts, and I think they have a great effect; on the other hand, there are so many reflections that it’s almost impossible to take decent photos. I hope the essentials are recognizable, though. But judge for yourself:

900x450.jpg

900x450.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

The „Blue Flame“ inline six-cylinder engine:

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

The black, hubcap-less wheels are due to the fact that the mentioned locomotive operated in Chile’s Atacama region. Thus, the „decorating“ car shouldn’t look shiny and new as in the showroom, but wear some traces of its hard work out there.
As there were no matching Lego tires, I built them myself: I used two pieces 4185 and one 2958 for the rim, and combined tires 89201 and 58090 to get a large one with 39 mm diameter.

450x250.jpg

640x340.jpg

Feedback, praise, criticism are of course most welcome!

Best regards,
Sven

Edited by Tenderlok

Very well done my friend, I know this was a sort of killtime for you :-) but what a diversion! really amazing, the interior details are awesome and the smart idea for the tires really intriguing. I've been in those regions and I know the dust and bumpy roads make the hubcups really an optional.

We are waiting for the Kytson-Meyer but hurry-up because another heat-wave is coming.. :-))

Sergio

Thank you, Sergio!

22 minutes ago, monai said:

We are waiting for the Kytson-Meyer but hurry-up because another heat-wave is coming.. :-))

The engine is ready and waits to be photographed. It's quite difficult to find an adequate lighting setup for such a large model with many black areas. I hope to make it in the course of this week, but don't nail me down on that... :wink:

17 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Great honour to be front-paged with a completely different kind of model.

You are indeed welcome! :thumbup:

It's awesome - even out of rails your level of detail is absolutely great!!!

Let's hit the streets and have a chocolate milk shake at Wendy's :laugh:

Despite using rather basic techniques the result is still brilliant. If this is just "backgroung decoration" I wonder how good your main model will look!

I was missing this masterpiece! :wub_drool:

Excellent reproduction and lots of chrome parts (the cost doesn't scare you, for the benefit of all your fans :laugh:)
As always, your creations are a world ahead! :excited:

10 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Let's hit the streets and have a chocolate milk shake at Wendy's :laugh:

LOL! :moar:

Thanks to all of you for your appreciation! :classic: You're all too kind!

22 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

(the cost doesn't scare you, for the benefit of all your fans :laugh:)

Oh yes, it does... but I chose to give those parts as an early birthday present to myself... :grin:

5 hours ago, legophisto said:

If this is just "backgroung decoration" I wonder how good your main model will look!

16 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

But as a trainhead, I'm even more eager to see the locomotive!

Stay patient for a little while... but you can see a teaser in my signature. :wink:

Edited by Tenderlok

17 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Oh yes, it does... but I chose to give those parts as an early birthday present to myself... :grin:

LOL :laugh_hard: ...I know what you mean ...I've so many early birthday present also in my collection :laugh:

Bravo, vraiment splendide et des superbes bonnes idées...! :thumbup: La forme général de la carrosserie est très bien retranscrite,chapeau bas comme on dit chez nous!!! :) merci !

Amazing build, with highly detailed interior, congrats, one of my favorites is the Bel Air,

Regards