MKJoshA

Limited Time Challenge! [Updated for June]

7 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Can we have uglies that feature a non starfighter. E.g. the uglies that use walker turrets as cockpits with tie wings? 

Well, it needs to be space-worthy. I don't imagine an AT-ST cockpit is air-tight. I can't speak for the other judges, but I wouldn't disqualify it. I just wouldn't score it as high as I wouldn't see it as functional.

@MKJoshA @marvelBoy123 Using the Poe Dameron comic as a reference I recon a ATST cockpit could be modified to space... I imagine the empire would use walkers on planets and moons with no atmosphere... I'd say go for it as long as the ugly is true to the rule of being a star fighter... :thumbup:

6 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Ok, I make a more normal one to be on the safe side. I just saw them on a poe dameron comic when I was searching for uglies!

If you have canon proof who are we to argue with you! I read the books, but have never gotten in to the comics. So I apologize for my lack of SW knowledge in this area! I look forward to your walker/fighter ugly!

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

@MKJoshA Maybe change the title of this post to 'Updated for February'? ;) 

Good catch!

Sorry, I've messed up with the build submittal, my latest build on Deysum is actually a 2x challenge as I had the opportunity to add an ugly, however I originally filled it out as a free build. It is intended to be, and fits the criteria of the challenge so could you please ignore my mistake when it comes to scoring. Sorry!  :cry_sad:

Going forward, I think we’re going to need the limited challenge builds to be more incorporated. It defeats the purpose if they’re thrown into an unrelated build or not even in the main build of the post. 

Sorry for that, hope that you can see from the new photo that it can be integrated. I don't mind if you still don't think that it counts for the 2x challenge, I'm happy for it to be a free build if you think that is more fitting - I will leave the decision up to the judges. I think that it depends on the challenge - it is a lot easier to incorporate figures than say starfighters, that is probably something to think about.

Edited by marvelBoy123

I am always impressed by these Wing type spaceship, It always had a strange attraction that I couldn't resist

Edited by Josh129

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Will we get a new limited-time challenge for May?

Yes! I'm finishing up the May the 4th SW contest which launches tomorrow, then we'll choose a limited time challenge for Factions.

'The grand army of the Republic!" - Palpatine

800x425.jpg

Special challenge, from now till May 27th you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). There are 2 criteria. Your MOC must be no more than 16x16 studs (or 256 total studs in surface area). Your MOC must also showcase a Clonetrooper. Lego has created dozens of Clone variants. This is a great way to show one of them at work in his area of expertise. If you don't own any Clones you can use a Stormtrooper without a helmet. Just make sure your storytelling compensates. Please include the word "Clone" in your entry title and submit it under the Special Challenge option on the form to ensure you get double XP. You may enter this special challenge up to 2 times.

"This is the way." - Din Djarin

The Mandalorian: Chapter 1

Special challenge, from now till June 15th you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). Your MOC should showcase a Mandalorian clan featuring at least 2 Mandos. If you don't own any Mandos you can use a different figure. Just make sure your storytelling compensates. Please include the word "Mando" in your entry title and submit it under the Special Challenge option on the form to ensure you get double XP. Each person may only enter this challenge once.

16 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Will there be a new limited time challenge for August? Or will it wait til September now?

We've been saving the LTCs for when there isn't a main challenge going.

Swoop Shop mystery shopper

Swoop Bikes/Speeder Bikes

"He can't possibly know how to fly one safely."
"Well, safety ain't the point of a joyride, Threepio."

―C-3PO and Han Solo, after Paploo steals a speeder bike

Special challenge, from now till September 21st you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). Your MOC should showcase at least two speeder bikes/jump speeders/swoop bikes, in a fitting context/scene (think pit stops, bike shops, garages, races, Swoop 500, pursuits etc.). Please include the word “swoop” in your entry title, and submit it under the Special Challenge option on the form to ensure you get double XP. The size limit for this challenge is 32x16 studs. Each person may enter this challenge twice.

To clarify, 

There isn't a special challenge tick box so I went with Other and typed Special Challenge.

Correct?