MKJoshA

Limited Time Challenge! [Updated for June]

44 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

To clarify, 

There isn't a special challenge tick box so I went with Other and typed Special Challenge.

Correct?

It is the '2x limited challenge' option I believe...

15 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

It is the '2x limited challenge' option I believe...

That should be much clearer, will need to re-enter

16 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

That should be much clearer, will need to re-enter

Don't re-submit, we'll fix it on the back end.

Raiders

75254.jpg

“Oh, the stories I could tell. So many of them true.”

Hondo Ohnaka

Special challenge, from now till October 5th you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). The only criteria is your MOC must include at least 5 pirates or brigands and include "Raiders" in the entry title. Pirate-retrofitted land vehicles* are also highly encouraged, but not required. No limit on number of entries, but do post quality builds.

*When retro-fitting a land vehicle, we HIGHLY discourage MODing existing LEGO sets or using the design from a LEGO set. The amount of detail and often the scale in those sets is typically miserable, and we want to see your designs anyway. 

On 9/27/2020 at 10:22 PM, goatman461 said:

Raiders

75254.jpg

“Oh, the stories I could tell. So many of them true.”

Hondo Ohnaka

Special challenge, from now till October 5th you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). The only criteria is your MOC must include at least 5 pirates or brigands and include "Raiders" in the entry title. Pirate-retrofitted land vehicles* are also highly encouraged, but not required. No limit on number of entries, but do post quality builds.

*When retro-fitting a land vehicle, we HIGHLY discourage MODing existing LEGO sets or using the design from a LEGO set. The amount of detail and often the scale in those sets is typically miserable, and we want to see your designs anyway. 

Just to clarify, will our builds be penalised for not having a vehicle? 

Oh the Horror!

Dr. Evazan's Lab: Preserved consciousness

“If Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny.”
―Yoda

Special challenge in the spirit of Halloween ? ? ??, from 17th of October till 1st of November, you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). Your MOC should showcase a 'spooky' scene, think sith cultists, force ghosts, zombies, blood and gore, skulls etc. Please include the word “horror” in your entry title, and submit it under the Special Challenge option on the form to ensure you get double XP. The size limit for this challenge is 16x16 studs. Each person may enter this challenge twice.

Wreckage

261120_moc3.jpg

Special challenge, from now till Feb 3rd you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet). The only criteria is your MOC include a wrecked SW vehicle. This can be a land vehicle or starfighter. Please include the word "Wreckage" in your entry title to ensure you get double XP.

Everyday Life

50010929481_28a71f919f_z.jpg

Depict business as usual for a group of 4 original minifigures (figbarf) from one of the other nine Factions (not your own). Each player is limited to one entry per Faction. This means a player can build up to nine entries (one for each faction other than their own).

No military operations, keep it domestic. Also, keep it civil. Do not depict the other Factions in a negative light. Doing so may disqualify you from the LTC bonus based on 4 down votes from the Faction Leaders.

Deadline February 15th. Include "Life" in your title.

A Bright Future

40367691394_b88ac0cf8d_n.jpg 25968424008_3a4e624bba_n.jpg  49694789576_b7302188a5_m.jpg 50010929481_28a71f919f_m.jpg

The build must incorporate a primary color (red, yellow, blue) in a major way. A few examples could include the yellow Naboo starfighter, an all blue 501st speeder bike, or an all red building. Deadline February 28th. Include "Bright" in your title. Work with your faction leader to make sure you're using an adequate amount of the primary color; the intention is to make builders work with a color that is not typical in the Star Wars aesthetic. Variants of the primary colors (dark red, medium blue, bright light orange, etc.) maybe be used, but only as subtle accents to the primary color.

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

How do we feel about trans versions of those colours? I can imagine big blue sea builds, which may or may not be popular. 

I was thinking the same thing,

12 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

How do we feel about trans versions of those colours? I can imagine big blue sea builds, which may or may not be popular. 

Transparent colors are okay as accents, edges and supporting colors like shades or highlights, but the LTC states that one of the primary colors must be the one that is featured in a major way.

That should make it clear that if you want to build a blue sea build you should user more classic Blue than trans blue...

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Is there a limit?
One per person or you could build one of each colour?

An LTC will have the limits written if any - so for this LTC you can make as many entries as you want, but remember Quality over Quantity! ;)

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

An LTC will have the limits written if any - so for this LTC you can make as many entries as you want, but remember Quality over Quantity! ;)

Agreed, at best I was thinking one per colour

May the 4th Be With You/The Bad Batch:

Dusk on Dathomir...

"Five enhanced clones. More capable than an army. Yet they exhibit a…concerning level of disobedience and disregard for orders."
―Wilhuff Tarkin

Special challenge in the spirit of May 4th and the debut of Star Wars: The Bad Batch. From May 4th until May 23rd, you can earn double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet/system). Your MOC should showcase a unique special forces squad of Clones. Please include the word “bad” in your entry title, and submit it under the Special Challenge option on the form to ensure you get double XP. The size limit for this challenge is 32x32 and 16x16 studs. Each person may enter one 32x32 stud entry, or two 16x16 stud entries.

May the 4th be with you!

640x642.jpg

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm?"
Master Yoda

SIZE MATTERS NOT

Welcome to June's Challenge! From June 1st to June 27th you can earn Double XP (and double IP if built on an eligible planet/system). 
The challenge theme is Microscale. Build a planet's surface, an orbital station, a fleet of ships, or anything else, as long as it is microscale.

• Each player may submit two 16x16 builds. Players cannot submit both of their builds to the same system.
  • Please include the word "size" in your entry's title, and submit them under "2x Limited Challenge" in the submission sheet.

Good luck, and happy building!

Edited by RocketBoy