One of the more prominent places of worship in Mophet is the temple of Afe'aa. It's primary cartaker is a priestess by the name of Kahina, a woman of strong conviction and compassion. Along with Tabib, she is one of the more well-known people in the city and her opinions carry a lot of weight. 

48284061662_90838e17f2_c.jpg

Close up of the entrance of the temple where Kahina welcomes Tabib. 

48283962561_ba632b12f6_c.jpg

A shot of the interior which features a large mosaic floor. 

48283962471_611bc6eee4_c.jpg

48283962711_3061ed0642_c.jpg

Had a lot of fun making this temple/mosque. Started with the mosaic on the outside where I based it heavily on a pattern designed by @LittleJohn. For once I actually decided to do an interior, which was a bit of a challenge as I didn't want to compromise the look of the exterior. I then decided to go for a mosaic floor on the inside as well and came up with a pattern I was pretty happy with (small tutorial on my Flickr for anyone that might be interested). Thanks for watching, cheers! 

Looks great! Additionally to the mosaic floor, which fits simply perfectly to the oriental theme of your build, the facade is also very well done with really good decorative ideas. :classic:

Very nice ornate build overall, my favorite detail is the wallpaper stripe over the gate :classic: 

Nice work here especially on the various mosaic patterns!  Really like the teeth on the edges of the tables (benches?) inside too - they give them a unique rounded look! 

This is a great and magical temple! I like the colour combos and the overall share of the temple. Then I like the use of that wallpaper printed bricks with the dark red. Great work mate!

Very nice temple.  I like the pillars and the way you used the 1x1 rounds, gives the temple some character.  The tables or benches you have off to the sides look great as do the floors with the different pieces and coloring, makes them stand out.  The doorway and the door itself are really well done, I like the color choices for the door and the use of those gold pieces in the middle.  Nice looking figs too.  

This is really impressive! I love the amount of detail you put in the decoration of the building.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:49 AM, socalbricks said:

Lovely build. Especially love the tile work!

Thank you, glad to hear! 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:30 AM, Littleworlds said:

Looks great! Additionally to the mosaic floor, which fits simply perfectly to the oriental theme of your build, the facade is also very well done with really good decorative ideas. :classic:

Thanks! The mosaic was a lot of fun to make so I’m glad you liked it. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:14 AM, Gideon said:

Very nice ornate build overall, my favorite detail is the wallpaper stripe over the gate :classic: 

Thanks buddy, much appreciated! 

On 7/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, Kai NRG said:

Nice work here especially on the various mosaic patterns!  Really like the teeth on the edges of the tables (benches?) inside too - they give them a unique rounded look! 

Cheers! Glad you liked the tables as well! 

On 7/15/2019 at 3:08 PM, W Navarre said:

Awesome, look at those floors! 

Thanks a lot dude! 

On 7/16/2019 at 12:37 AM, Zilmrud said:

This is a great and magical temple! I like the colour combos and the overall share of the temple. Then I like the use of that wallpaper printed bricks with the dark red. Great work mate!

Thank you very much! Very glad to hear :excited:

On 7/16/2019 at 4:02 AM, zoth33 said:

Very nice temple.  I like the pillars and the way you used the 1x1 rounds, gives the temple some character.  The tables or benches you have off to the sides look great as do the floors with the different pieces and coloring, makes them stand out.  The doorway and the door itself are really well done, I like the color choices for the door and the use of those gold pieces in the middle.  Nice looking figs too.  

Thanks a lot, appreciate it! 

On 7/16/2019 at 11:58 AM, Aurore said:

This is really impressive! I love the amount of detail you put in the decoration of the building.

Tried to find a decent balance regarding the detailing, thank you! 

On 7/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, BrickofTime said:

Beautiful.  I'm new to Eurobricks and blown away by the talent here. 

Cheers, and welcome! 

Stunning. I hugely enjoy seeing detailed middle eastern architecture, and this build is a great example of the possibilities that setting offers.

Brilliant patterns, top-notch color use, plus an onion dome :wub: Superb table design inside too!

On 10/29/2019 at 2:11 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Stunning. I hugely enjoy seeing detailed middle eastern architecture, and this build is a great example of the possibilities that setting offers.

Brilliant patterns, top-notch color use, plus an onion dome :wub: Superb table design inside too!

Thanks a lot man, very glad to hear you liked it :sweet:. Gotta love those onion domes, haha!