20 minutes ago, Amoreternum said:

Not too familiar with the Control+ or even Powered Up stuff, but as far as I know, you need a Smartphone or a remote to access the hub. Without one of these, I don't think the hub puts out any kind of signal to the motor, so nothing would happen - but someone correct me if I'mwrong, really uncertain about this.

Is it realy a technic hub on the image? It looks like it only has two ports (one visible)?

8 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Is it realy a technic hub on the image? It looks like it only has two ports (one visible)?

Based on the pics here:

And what I found via Google image search, it sure looks like it's the hub that became available today.

Nevermind - now that I took a closer look, it does appear to be the smaller hub with two ports, I apologize.

Edited by Amoreternum

4 minutes ago, Amoreternum said:

Based on the pics here:

And what I found via Google image search, it sure looks like it's the hub that became available today.

I dont' know... for me it does not look like the hub on the osprey image has two ports on the visible side.

The catalog doesn't seem to show any B model. Does it mean that there is no B model at all this year?

9 hours ago, Akbalder said:

The catalog doesn't seem to show any B model. Does it mean that there is no B model at all this year?

It's looking that way. :sceptic:

20 hours ago, Gimmick said:

19 hours ago, Amoreternum said:

Nevermind - now that I took a closer look, it does appear to be the smaller hub with two ports, I apologize.

Found a better version of the entire catalog page, clipped the drawing of the hub from the V-22 and the Volvo dumper, clearly the volvo dumper hub is the existing Control+ with 4 ports, the one on the V-22 page only has 1 port on each side.

cCb1ujD.png

I wonder if the C logo on the cement mixer drum is printed?  The stickers on the cab, you can clearly see the sticker outlines, but this is not so clear on the drum, would be nice if such a large part was printed!

Printed parts look better than stickered ones, but are more limiting when creating MOCs. This is one of the eternal struggles between fans.

The box in the Osprey looks really weird

cCb1ujD.png

It doesnt look like the C+ hub, but it also doesnt look like any among the planned hubs.

PU.jpg

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It doesnt look like the C+ hub, but it also doesnt look like any among the planned hubs.

It could just be a glorified battery box using the same (or similar) mould as the hub.

I apologize if I cruise to much in wrong direction, but did a anyone notice that this is the first year (after introduction in 2016) that there is no Technic set with tractor tire?

Edited by I_Igor

It would make some sense if the C+ smart hub was a straight drop-in replacement for the simple technic battery box.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That  render with the planned hubs is (IIRC) two years old at this point, so the final design of the "simple" BB might have changed. The two switches on top might have been changed to a single one on the other side.

The new drawing could also be wrong in some way.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I apologize if I cruise to much in wrong direction, but did a anyone notice that this is the first year (after introduction in 2016) that there is no Technic set with tractor tire?

I have about 16 of the tractor tyres so i have plenty for now :).

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

And also no set with tracks 'cause 2019 had three of them :D

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Could be that the "simple hub" had a little redesign, only change would be the two buttons on top are rearranged now. Ports are still same, 1 on each side. Or the 'Technic (=C+) simple hub' gets yet another design compared to PU simple hub.

6 hours ago, ctx1769 said:

I have about 16 of the tractor tyres so i have plenty for now :).

I have bought 8 separately and have 3 Xerions (one box still unopen)...

Lego sometimes :) is really strange.

They make Sian, no stickers at all. OK, it is cool for this type of set.

Then they make 42106 Stunt show. Pretty small and cheap set. And for that they make sticker for speedometer/tachometer for tile 1x1 round . They doesn't care, that they have that type already printed part for long time https://rebrickable.com/parts/98138pr0012/tile-round-1-x-1-with-gauge-and-red-pointer-print/

Why?!

I think it has to do with the number of different parts they can store simultaneously. If they use a printed part, they need a bin to store that part. That’s also one of the reasons (or THE reason) they can’t use printed parts on every UCS set. They simply do not have enough storage space. I think that’s also the reason you see a certain part in an odd color used in all the Technic sets for a single wave. I remember the white pin connector in the small helicopter a while ago. It made more sense for that part to be black, but TLG already used white in other sets, so they user white in that set too. All about optimizing storage space.

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I have bought 8 separately and have 3 Xerions (one box still unopen)...

Where to see your mocs?

3 hours ago, Parazels said:

Where to see your mocs?

Here

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I think it has to do with the number of different parts they can store simultaneously. If they use a printed part, they need a bin to store that part. That’s also one of the reasons (or THE reason) they can’t use printed parts on every UCS set. They simply do not have enough storage space. I think that’s also the reason you see a certain part in an odd color used in all the Technic sets for a single wave. I remember the white pin connector in the small helicopter a while ago. It made more sense for that part to be black, but TLG already used white in other sets, so they user white in that set too. All about optimizing storage space.

That makes sense

On 6/2/2020 at 1:55 PM, I_Igor said:

Also the first year in three years that we don't have a 4,000+ piece set. Looks like 2018 was a banner year with the Chiron (3599), Mack (2595) and Rough Terrain Crane (4056). Only two 2,000+ piece sets this year, and one of those is only barely over.

10 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

Also the first year in three years that we don't have a 4,000+ piece set. Looks like 2018 was a banner year with the Chiron (3599), Mack (2595) and Rough Terrain Crane (4056). Only two 2,000+ piece sets this year, and one of those is only barely over.

The Sian is 3969 pieces, so I think it might as well sit in the 4k club

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The Sian is 3969 pieces, so I think it might as well sit in the 4k club

Yes it is very close...

16 minutes ago, mkbryant said:

From years of my experience I have learned that quantity is not always best thing, very often you can make great set with 2000 parts or even less; not every set has to be a flagship category, there are great sets even with less than 1000 parts like 8455 (that had around 700 parts)