Just now, Jurss said:

So "real" V-8

And rear suspension (at least) - look at the yellow shock absorber mount points near the wheels.

6 minutes ago, Void_S said:

And rear suspension (at least) - look at the yellow shock absorber mount points near the wheels.

I think I see two yellow bits under the hood as well, so that’s suspension on all wheels.

maybe we could finally move to the specified topic?

Edited by Jurss

So:

• V8 engine made of old-school LBG blocks (how the classic Muscle car may have something different to old-school Big Block?)
    It's under the hood, hurray!
  • Rear suspension (hard/yellow springs)
  • Possibly, front suspension
  • Turobochargers's gear driven via chain - should be connected to the read wheels, possibly via the engine.
  • Wheelie stand
  • HOG knob behind the cabin, near the trunk lid (steering? wheelie stand folding a-la 42050?)
  • 42041's Racing Truck tires
  • A lot of black panels
  • A lot of LBG connectors for an inner roll-cage
  • Old-good "boat stud" headlights

Looks pretty good, although im a bit "meh" about the wheelie bar

@LvdH nothing im seeing under the hood makes sense for yellow shocks, the two front bits are axle connectors, the bit two studs further back is connected in a way that isnt anywhere near sturdy enough, and i just cant see any room for an upper wishbone, so unless lego FINALLY made the parts for macpherson struts, we wont be seeing springs.

I still have the Land rover to build, and i think the Lambo and Ducati will take priority, but this should make it into my hands somewhere late this year.

1 minute ago, vectormatic said:

nothing im seeing under the hood makes sense for yellow shocks,

for me also doesn't seem, that shock absorbers could be connected that way properly.

could that wheel thing be somehow spring loaded or something? I think, it is somehow extractable from car.

https://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-technic-42111-doms-dodge-charger/

Better/bigger pics and more info, the text mentions double wishbone suspension.

From the pics, the rear doesnt look like it has double wishbone (shouldnt anyway, on a 70s charger), but the front seems waaaay too cramped and busy underneath for double wishbone as well, so im not sure what to expect suspensionwise.

I’m liking the look of this. I even like the face they’ve put a wheelie bar mech in so you can recreate the scene from the first film where it pops an insane wheelie

With the release of "official" pics of the charger, surely we can't be far away from images being released of the other H2 sets

So basically a smaller 42050, at a higher price point and no B model. Inclusion of suspension is nice, though.

I'll probably pass on this one, I hope the money is better spent on other sets.

1 hour ago, hjxbf said:

So basically a smaller 42050

Kinda, but done much better. You've already noted the inclusion of full suspension. I would also add that it has it's engine in roughly the right place (as opposed to 42050 where the engine was back behind the front axle halfway through the windsheild) and it has a much cooler look. The price to part and the price to function ratio does sting a bit, I guess the licensing costs really do make a difference. Never really thought that it did till now (except for Disney owned properties. Does Disney own F&F?, They own everything bloody thing else!)

Edited by allanp

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

No, Universal do. Though Disney does own this comment.

:roflmao:

2 hours ago, hjxbf said:

So basically a smaller 42050, at a higher price point and no B model. Inclusion of suspension is nice, though.

I'll probably pass on this one, I hope the money is better spent on other sets.

Or to look at it another way, the same parts count and price as 42077, but in a much nicer looking (albeit smaller) package, a movie/actual car license and an extra function (the wheelie bar)

Im not sure how it stacks up size wise, but on paper this makes 42077 and 42096 look terrible.

48 minutes ago, Michael217 said:

That's better!

These rims are way better, if you go for the classic look.

Wonder, whose gonna do the cross version of the charger first....

013-fast-and-furious-7-furious7-f7-1970-

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

Or to look at it another way, the same parts count and price as 42077, but in a much nicer looking (albeit smaller) package, a movie/actual car license and an extra function (the wheelie bar)

Im not sure how it stacks up size wise, but on paper this makes 42077 and 42096 look terrible.

I agree! I skipped those sets as well ?

Recently Lego is doing a great job hiding new releases until the release date.