10 hours ago, AVCampos said:

There are two kinds of PUp M-motors: the "dumb" motor that comes with WeDo 2.0 and the Batmobile, which doesn't have position encoding, and the "smart" motor that comes with Boost, which does have position encoding.

But to make it more complicated the Boost M motor only has relative positioning which means the zero postition resets every time you turn it on. Because of this it cannot be properly used as a servo. The L and XL motors have absolute positioning with a a hardware zero postition.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

But to make it more complicated the Boost M motor only has relative positioning which means the zero postition resets every time you turn it on. Because of this it cannot be properly used as a servo. The L and XL motors have absolute positioning with a a hardware zero postition.

That was on my mind, thank you for clarifying this. :classic:

I just checked for updates of the line-up: On the News from StoneWars from the 3rd of October, it is said the following for the 42109 Top Gear Rally Car (translated with DeepL):

The largest and most expensive set of the LEGO Technic series for early 2020 will be the LEGO Technic 42109 Top Gear Rallycar. We already reported about the upcoming Top Gear license. The car will be equipped as the third set (after the 42099 4×4 crawler and the 42100 Liebherr R9800) with components for Control+, which explains the high price in view of the few parts.

The car is a white coupé with a red spoiler and some blue applications. There is also a "The Stig" sticker on the roof of the car. It seems that the LEGO Technic 42109 Top Gear Rallycar is not a specific car with a brand license. I haven't seen much of the Top Gear show yet, but I could imagine that it's just "any" car being marketed with a Top Gear license.

LEGO also talks about "realistic control screens" and "integration of sound" and "other content" in the app, created in collaboration with Top Gear.

The question now remains: Is it really a Lancia Delta? The mentioned colour combo white + red + blue matches though, even if i didn't find one particular with a red spoiler.

Let's take a moment to commemorate the fact that this is officially the longest stretch of time we have had to wait for 1H information. Ever.

On that note, I'm wondering if the Mini Xerion will be licensed, or if it'll be a case akin to 9390, which was 8110 in microcosm but without the branding.

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'm wondering if the Mini Xerion will be licensed, or if it'll be a case akin to 9390

If the set name actually is 'mini Claas Xerion', than it will have the license for sure. 9390 did not have 'Unimog' or some other MB reference in it's official set name.

I don't think having a license will matter for the price though, but it will sure boost up the sales...

4 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

If the set name actually is 'mini Claas Xerion', than it will have the license for sure. 9390 did not have 'Unimog' or some other MB reference in it's official set name.

I don't think having a license will matter for the price though, but it will sure boost up the sales...

This could be a first, then. No other licensed set has had a licensed mini version before.

33 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Let's take a moment to commemorate the fact that this is officially the longest stretch of time we have had to wait for 1H information. Ever.

On that note, I'm wondering if the Mini Xerion will be licensed, or if it'll be a case akin to 9390, which was 8110 in microcosm but without the branding.

Would have been longer if you hadn't broken it...

18 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I haven't revealed anything. We're still waiting!

So, do have a "thing" to reveal but still you haven't...?

One question came on my mind - is is possible that crane truck is actually small version of RTC from 2018 and with new 68.7 x 27 tires but in yellow, or is it more realistic to wait two years; only technic set with tumbler tires (set 42050) was released in 2016 and tires were introduced in 2014?

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

One question came on my mind - is is possible that crane truck is actually small version of RTC from 2018 and with new 68.7 x 27 tires but in yellow, or is it more realistic to wait two years; only technic set with tumbler tires (set 42050) was released in 2016 and tires were introduced in 2014?

I wouldn't bet that the next self-propelled crane will come as RTC again. Most likely it could be multi-axle vehicle again, but with new recently released parts: we saw a number of new crane-around techniques but they were presented only in exotic enough machines, so it should be a perfect moment to use them in a convenient crane this time.

12 hours ago, Void_S said:

I wouldn't bet that the next self-propelled crane will come as RTC again. Most likely it could be multi-axle vehicle again, but with new recently released parts: we saw a number of new crane-around techniques but they were presented only in exotic enough machines, so it should be a perfect moment to use them in a convenient crane this time.

We're definitely due another mobile crane. It's been longer than usual since the last one: 2005-2010, 2010-2013... to now.

14 hours ago, Void_S said:

Im a new technic fan so I’m a bit naive, but what new crane technologies do you think will be used? The larger actuators? Pneumatics? This new mobile crane is my number one want for 2020. All the other previous mobile cranes are just too expensive for me!

The main new technologies are the longer LAs for the boom and the banana gears for the turntable.

Pneumatics aren't the best choice for the boom, as they need very careful control or else the boom comes crashing down when lowering, like what happens with the 8421.

Was there a piece count or price posted for the crane anywhere? It would have to be like 3000+ pieces to use the new large actuators, banana gears and maybe new front tyres from batmobile.

29 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Was there a piece count or price posted for the crane anywhere? It would have to be like 3000+ pieces to use the new large actuators, banana gears and maybe new front tyres from batmobile.

Piece count I’ve seen for it (42108) is 1292. Price though I’ve only seen placeholders such as at brickshop.eu which lists it as 99 Euros. I don’t know how accurate those predictions are. If that’s the real price i imagine it won’t have any power function or pneumatics (or perhaps need xl actuators and large banana gears, tires) 

18 minutes ago, ian74 said:

Piece count I’ve seen for it (42108) is 1292. Price though I’ve only seen placeholders such as at brickshop.eu which lists it as 99 Euros. I don’t know how accurate those predictions are. If that’s the real price i imagine it won’t have any power function or pneumatics (or perhaps need xl actuators and large banana gears, tires) 

Yeah with 1000 pieces it's going to be a small, manual model, maybe just 6 wheels scaled smillary to 8460. Probably a single stage boom, simple outriggers, maybe a fake engine driven by a central axle and if we are lucky a single large LA to lift boom.

32 minutes ago, ian74 said:

Piece count I’ve seen for it (42108) is 1292.

The piece count of 8053 is 1289 (according to BL), so perhaps something similar?

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

IMHO the only way it uses new front tires from batmobile and not having 3k+ parts us to recreate smaller (fully) manual yellow version of RTC and even the I do not think big LA could be used, otherwise you have a point - it has some 1200 parts as mentioned 

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Yeah with 1000 pieces it's going to be a small, manual model, maybe just 6 wheels scaled smillary to 8460. Probably a single stage boom, simple outriggers, maybe a fake engine driven by a central axle and if we are lucky a single large LA to lift boom.

@kolbjha that is most plausible solution

Edited by I_Igor

I don't doubt that we'll see the tyres (and wheels) again: moulds are expensive and TLG loves to reuse them.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, I_Igor said:
On 11/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, Zerobricks said:

@kolbjha that is most plausible solution

Maybe in the same scale as the Mack Anthem and the Car Transporter (Tire 49.5 x 20)...?