The Sian is 3969 pieces, so I think it might as well sit in the 4k club

It has 3696 actually :wink: 

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The Sian is 3969 pieces, so I think it might as well sit in the 4k club

*3696, but yeah, close enough.

Oh oops, my bad. Not quite 4k club then, but almost

Edited by Bartybum

8 hours ago, mkbryant said:

Also the first year in three years that we don't have a 4,000+ piece set. Looks like 2018 was a banner year with the Chiron (3599), Mack (2595) and Rough Terrain Crane (4056). Only two 2,000+ piece sets this year, and one of those is only barely over.

I always felt that RTC had over 4000 pieces only for the sake of having over 4000 pieces, as there were quite a bit of parts that were not exactly necessary (those hubcaps...), but marketing department surely likes to present the largest set ever to the public.

Liebherr upped again the part count, but for some reason it didn't feel like having excess parts, maybe because details from the real vehicle had to be replicated? BWE, which was the previous record-holder, also felt like every part having a purpose other than inflating parts count, even the dump truck and "rock"-pieces added value to the set.

But it's good to see that this year they didn't make sets big just for the sake of it.

9 hours ago, mkbryant said:

Also the first year in three years that we don't have a 4,000+ piece set. Looks like 2018 was a banner year with the Chiron (3599), Mack (2595) and Rough Terrain Crane (4056). Only two 2,000+ piece sets this year, and one of those is only barely over.

Two years, actually. 2017 didn't have a 4000-part set either - the flagship for that year was 42070, which only had 1862 parts. Yes, there was 42069, but that didn't scratch 3000, let alone 4000.

Edited by Maaboo35

And to PF before that, and to 9V before that, and most likely to 4.5V before that. Nothing has changed in that regard.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:30 AM, Pauls Technic said:

Any release dates for Australia?

Yeah hopefully we get these soon enough.

As some of you may already have seen, TLG updated the layout on the building instructions page. And the 'Sets with digital instructions' only filter checkbox is gone. In my opinion, this is a bad sign for digital-only B models.

Still no release dates however. I'm assuming we'd be looking at August in Australia and by the looks of it a touch over $200 for the Osprey

1 hour ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Still no release dates however. I'm assuming we'd be looking at August in Australia and by the looks of it a touch over $200 for the Osprey

It's a given that these sets will be released in August, late July at the earliest. Unless there's a problem with the A60H's CONTROL+ profile and it gets shoved back. Though I doubt you could screw up "move and dump" in any way whatsoever.

When you look at the picture from the 42114, on the bottom left is has a different motor that looks like the from the Spike Prime set ( it has the axle exit on the side ). 

Edited by jovel

5 minutes ago, jovel said:

When you look at the picture from the 42114, on the bottom left is has a different motor that looks like the from the Spike Prime set ( it has the axle exit on the side ). 

That's pretty old news :wink:

On 6/11/2020 at 12:16 AM, Valkyx said:

New catalogue is out, but new Technic sets are not in there :( 

I just received the summer catalogue.  The Sian is on the front cover, as well as the first two pages of the catalogue.  The following four pages are all Technic, although no new sets.  

This is the first time, in a long time, that I recall ever seeing a Technic set on the front page of a catalogue.  The Technic sets always seemed to be buried towards the back of the catalogue.  It's nice to see Technic on the cover and first six pages of the catalogue.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, dhc6twinotter said:

The Technic sets always seemed to be buried towards the back of the catalogue.  It's nice to see Technic on the cover and first six pages of the catalogue.

I think Lego are making more of a push of Technic in the US as it's been weaker there than Europe. I think that's the reason we got Dom's charger in Technic not as a creator as an avenue to bring fans of the film to Technic. Also a lot more American licenced sets the Corvette, Mac and now Bell.

25 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Pictures are out. Overall this wave is not that bad.

Are you talking about the pictures that were already out? :tongue: 

edit: there are a lot more pictures now :thumbup: 

Agreed.

The Osprey looks cool.

11 hours ago, Jim said:

edit: there are a lot more pictures now :thumbup: 

Are we referring to pictures other than the ones in the official catalog? I guess I am missing something here.

Edited by arijitdas
typo