I think that's a fake image, just look at the wheel arch its curved on top. The previous Lego arch is straight on top unless its a new mould. I have seen the full image of this box on Instagram on #Legoleaks . On the Bonnet/hood there are more new Technic pieces so I think this is totally fake.

7 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

I think that's a fake image, just look at the wheel arch its curved on top. The previous Lego arch is straight on top unless its a new mould. I have seen the full image of this box on Instagram on #Legoleaks . On the Bonnet/hood there are more new Technic pieces so I think this is totally fake.

The official LEGO teaser and this image match, take a closer look.

1 hour ago, ctx1769 said:

The panels on the frunk and the rotorblade confirm the findings from the toyfair earlier this year. The wheels are confirmed by Lego themselves in their teaser. So only the wheelarches remain as a 'surprise' new part. I don't think this one is fake (opposed to earlier clone brand leaks)...

On 5/17/2020 at 6:26 PM, ctx1769 said:

You think it's fake just because it has new parts??? 

On 5/17/2020 at 6:26 PM, ctx1769 said:

What... my brain can't even comprehend this logic.

Do you not even realise the INSANE amount of effort required just to fake something like this? How do you reconcile the fact that:

1. all the Lego connections there are legal, clearly indicating that someone had to have designed this in the first place, and
  2. the fact that new parts can be designed (just look at the 42107 Ducati, that thing has heaps of new moulds)?

Like come on dude

Edited by Bartybum

OK I hold my hands up, I have not seen the new parts to the Ducati, but i saw an image of the ferrari a few days before the tease from a source which I was an international seller from Ebay i think.

I can't remember where though and despite a search zero results, that's why i thought it a was a fake. So a public apology from me to all offended, I hope you forgive me.

28 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

OK I hold my hands up, I have not seen the new parts to the Ducati, but i saw an image of the ferrari a few days before the tease from a source which I was an international seller from Ebay i think.

I can't remember where though and despite a search zero results, that's why i thought it a was a fake. So a public apology from me to all offended, I hope you forgive me.

Wait what.... what Ferrari ??

There is nothing about a Ferrari at the moment 

As to the new parts on the Lambo, as I’ve mentioned in the Lambo thread we already knew a tapered curved panel was coming so seeing them on the frunk shouldn’t be a surprise. I think they were mentioned for the Bell Osprey. Also I think the new rotor blades used along the side of the car (sill finishers as they’re called) are from the Osprey too.

that means the only new parts for the Lambo would be the wheel rims and the Wheel Arch piece. Easily achieved on a new set especially one like this

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

As to the new parts on the Lambo, as I’ve mentioned in the Lambo thread we already knew a tapered curved panel was coming so seeing them on the frunk shouldn’t be a surprise. I think they were mentioned for the Bell Osprey. Also I think the new rotor blades used along the side of the car (sill finishers as they’re called) are from the Osprey too.

that means the only new parts for the Lambo would be the wheel rims and the Wheel Arch piece. Easily achieved on a new set especially one like this

Yes, and hopefully there's some new goodies on the inside.

The surprise new wheelarch has pin holes on top left and top right that are not used in the model. The panel is fixed only at side pins. This could be the first mould with pin holes that are not really neccessary for the model they made for.

It isn't the first: for example, the 5-wide track link introduced in the 8275 and the 8272 spent years before its holes were used in the 45560 Education EV3 Expansion Set.

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The surprise new wheelarch has pin holes on top left and top right that are not used in the model. The panel is fixed only at side pins. This could be the first mould with pin holes that are not really neccessary for the model they made for.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t a black part that isn’t hidden that we can’t see that’s attached to the wheel arch on the top corner pin holes. To have a nice stable arch you ideally need to connect it in all 4 corners

also they’ve just replicated the other arch pieces that exist with where you ideally want pin holes.

9 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

On the 42115 image you can clearly see that top corner pin holes of the arches are empty and not connected - both in front and back

Even so the pin holes in the corners will be for the reason I said, both the “Porsche” and “Corvette” arches have these holes so it figures they would add them on any new arch types even if not used in the initial launch model

Yes, this would mean that this new arches are not SIAN-exclusive and will appear in future sets. Otherwise there is no need for those holes.

5 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Yes, this would mean that this new arches are not SIAN-exclusive and will appear in future sets. Otherwise there is no need for those holes.

The only parts that will be Sian exclusive will be the wheels and any printed parts, similar to previous ultimate car sets

8 minutes ago, Seasider said:

The only parts that will be Sian exclusive will be the wheels and any printed parts, similar to previous ultimate car sets

Time to open a "Technic 2022 Supercar speculation" topic to talk about the next set that can use these wheel arches :) 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Time to open a "Technic 2022 Supercar speculation" topic to talk about the next set that can use these wheel arches :) 

So what car from Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda or Bentley would work ? ?

I know what I’d like to happen

You could potentially use the new ones on the front and the old Porsche ones on the rear to get some good car shapes too.

32 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So what car from Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda or Bentley would work ? ?

I know what I’d like to happen.......ME TOO

Bentley-2020-GT3-Livery-730x487.jpg

10 minutes ago, Seasider said:

@MarkyMark42 ah, the race car. Such an amazing beast. They make an amazing noise, having seen them a few times.

I've seen them at the Bathurst 12hr a few times. My favourite race car, so happy to see them finally get the win this year

So I guess the concrete mixer (42112) has now beaten the 42115 in terms of tightleapness. Just that (not so) blurry set pic which I cannot remember the date it was posted lol.