3 hours ago, LvdH said:

It might not even be LEGO’s choice not to make a B model, but rather the brand’s (Land Rover, Ducati, Porsche) to not allow a B model. All of the non-licensed sets of 2020 had a B model.

This is definitely the case. 

3 hours ago, Anio said:

It may be a mutual agreement.

An alternate model has always more compromises than the main model.

On one hand, the brand is reluctant to have one of its designs too much compromised (even though sometimes they are totally ok with some silly issues ; who said Bugatti suspensions ?)
And on the other hand, TLG is glad not to have to spend more ressource to release final product.

Bingo ! No B model and everyone but the customer is happy. :D

Agreed. Although I do think the Brand has a bigger say in it than TLG.

Imo the only good thing I see about 42108 is that they used a yellow 3x11 panel instead of the awful use of colour stickers on black panels like in 42089 and 42094 from last year (wtf TLG???) Otherwise it would probably have been more interesting on a shorter 6-wheel base but with a fake motor and a B-model. But oh well

36 minutes ago, syclone said:

but with a fake motor and a B-model. But oh well

Will agree on the B-model, but I for one was happy to not have to build YET ANOTHER engine.

Still waiting for Jim to appear and steer the thread into the proper direction.

Wait, what? You're telling me Jim has already appeared and contributed to the sidetrack?

Erm... Well that might not be Jim :laugh:

On 4/22/2020 at 7:58 PM, LvdH said:

It might not even be LEGO’s choice not to make a B model, but rather the brand’s (Land Rover, Ducati, Porsche) to not allow a B model. All of the non-licensed sets of 2020 had a B model.

On 4/23/2020 at 12:01 AM, Jim said:

This is definitely the case. 

I'd say both of you are probably right there because there has been a few licensed sets that have a b-model.

I can't say I know too much of the construction sets but i'm lead to believe there have been a couple there that do

Also the Corvette (b-model looked much better imo) and BMW have B-models, the Mack Anthem also to name a few.

I can understand the some of the others like the Bugatti, Porsche, LR etc not supplying B-models though but aren't we supposed to be able to pull them apart and make something ourselves anyway? (i'm not one of them, give me instructions :))

On 4/22/2020 at 9:48 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Still waiting for Jim to appear and steer the thread into the proper direction.

Wait, what? You're telling me Jim has already appeared and contributed to the sidetrack?

Erm... Well that might not be Jim :laugh:

Always causing trouble, that Jim dude. I will have a word with him.

In the meantime, let's get back on track....the waiting for more tangible news track :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Might as well lock the thread since there's zip to discuss.

Anyway as I already posted every 2h set has it's own topic, so when something plausible pops up, we should post it there.

Let’s keep it open for general 2020 set questions. 

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

Nope. 42108 doesn't

I stand corrected.

When are we expecting the last of the H2 sets to be shown, a lot of the other themes are having released

Just now, Seasider said:

When are we expecting the last of the H2 sets to be shown, a lot of the other themes are having released

I'm pretty sure Jim will be here soon to tell you that we really don't know :tongue:

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

August 1st. Ez pz. :laugh:

Lamborghini just announced a new car will be revealed 7 of may might be joined by the Sian model as this is the fist major reveal by them since the Sian. 

@Aerolight Thx for the news! :-)

Citing carscoops.com:

"

Lamborghini has officially announced the unveiling of a new model next week.

The announcement came in a short press release that speaks about the company’s preparations for restarting production next Monday (May 4), revealing that a new car will be presented online on May 7.

“We continue to nurture the dreams of our fans and customers, and on 7 May, through a virtual launch, we will present a new car in order to complete our model range”, said Chairman and CEO Stefano Domenicali.

Could this be Lamborghini’s rumored fourth model, the hypothetical 2+2 GT that could join the successors of the Huracan and Aventador supercars, plus the Urus SUV before the middle of the decade? Probably not. As for the replacements of the two blue-blooded machines, these are also a few years away.

So, what are we looking at? In all likelihood, it’s the track-only hypercar teased by the Italian automaker at the end of March. The model is based on the Aventador and will feature a 6.5-liter naturally aspirated V12, tuned to deliver 830 PS (818 HP / 610 kW).

Production will be capped at just a few examples, with the exact number to be disclosed in due course. Also, since it was developed together with the Raging Bull’s racing division Squadra Corse, the new Lambo could be offered to customers in a similar way to the Ferrari FXX-K.

Still, a new version of the Huracan or Aventador remains somewhat possible, as is a new Urus variant, probably a plug-in hybrid or a more extreme model derived from the ST-X racer.

What do you think Lamborghini will unveil next Thursday?

"

There's a dedicated topic for the Lamborghini. There's plenty of talk about this :wink:

@Jundis I’d be surprised if it was the 2+2GT or the replacement for the Aventador. It’s more likely a version of the Urus or Huracan. There’s a rumour of a road car based off the Huracan race cars, or at least something more extreme than the current road offering

I am very surprised that (according to credible rumors I have read) LEGO are doing a V22 Osprey in Technic. I would have thought that such a model went against their "no military" stance.

Also everything we know about the new Lambo set (including the latest teaser) indicates it will be the new Sian.

Edited by jonwil

The Lamborgini leak showes us the new helicopter blade part (i think)
HTopL72.png

Found here:

Edited by schraubedrin
Added link

I think it’s actually a new rotor blade as where the pin holes are looks different to the current rubber tipped one. So I’m guessing it’s new, possibly shorter in length and I guess used on the Osprey too