2 hours ago, Jim said:

For those of you who haven't seen the new topic, let's continue the 42111 conversation here.

If my memory serves me there is a separate topic for every 2h set, so perhaps you could close this topic for further replies? 

Okay cool.

I will leave it open for general questions.

So that's half of the 2H sets with pictures now - the A60H, the Ducati and the Charger. All that's left is the concrete mixer, the tiltrotor and the fairground thing.

EDIT: And the Bugatti. Fairground was the "entertainer", which ended up being the Charger.

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

So that's half of the 2H sets with pictures now - the A60H, the Ducati and the Charger. All that's left is the concrete mixer, the tiltrotor and the fairground thing.

And Lambo.

Just now, Bartybum said:

Oh was that cancelled?

There was never any fairground from the beginning. Maybe you confused the actual 2H list with the false earlier leak list.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There was never any fairground from the beginning. Maybe you confused the actual 2H list with the false earlier leak list.

Oh sorry you're right, the entertainer was the Charger. All good!

is the Lamborghini scheduled for a June 1st release so we may see some official pictures soon? as the Ducati is realising June first on the Lego website :excited:

If it’s anything like 42083 they want to wait until June 1st for the reveal. 

I think we still got some pictures ahead of that and they were taking per-orders before the release date.

Edited by Cardboy

Yeah but they weren’t supposed to be leaked... Some LEGO store employees built it, probably for store display. No official images were published before June 1st.

Do we have any rumors or other information on what size or price the Lamborghini is going to be? Will it be Bugatti/Porsche sized?

Just now, jonwil said:

Do we have any rumors or other information on what size or price the Lamborghini is going to be? Will it be Bugatti/Porsche sized?

It’s the same line as the other two so expect something similar

Edited by Bartybum

Has anyone else noticed the large number of licensed sets for 2020?  I count 7/14, plus the Land Rover if you go by set number.  That is a significant increase as 2019 only had 4/14 and 2018 3/14.  Will the number of licensed sets keep rising, or are we going to hit a licensing limit at some point?

42101 - generic

42102 - Claas

42103 - generic

42104 - generic

42105 - generic

42106 - generic

42107 - Ducati

42108 - generic

42109 - Top Gear

42110 - Land Rover

42111 - Dodge and F&F

42112 - generic

42113 - Bell

42114 - Volvo

42115 - Lamborghini

Sounds to me that Lego is realizing that by aligning with known brands they will drive sales even further.  For the rest of us, larger cost and no b-models.

On the flip side, sometimes I go for a set due to a brand name it is representing, so mixed emotions for me.

7 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

Licensed sets also tend to be more realistic and detailed than non-licensed sets, which is definitely a win.

Gotta agree unfortunately. If 42107 weren’t a licensed motorbike then I doubt we’d see new damped shocks, a fat rear tyre or a gearbox in a bike.

And if 42111 weren’t licensed then I doubt we’d see it to begin with, let alone the return of the torque tube piece. It’d just have boring independent suspension.

Also, is the tilt rotor even confirmed to be licensed?

Yup, lego is definitely cottoning on to the fact that licenses sell, lego SW pretty much saved the company, and stuff like the UCS Porsche has gotten masses of non-technic fans to buy the stuff.

And indeed, if it werent for licenses, we never would have seen stuff like the GT3RS, Chiron or Panigale. There is no way a $400 generic lego styled car would have sold anywhere near as well, never mind well enough to keep doing them every two years. And instead of the Panigale we would have probably gotten another $30-40 low piece count iteration on either the generic dirt-bike or generic race bike theme.

The lack of B-models is a thing, but on the other hand, B-models were a thing born in times when internet wasnt a thing, so those lego booklets was all we had in terms of options short of going full-blown MOC. Today, just look at the alt builds the community came up with for the GT3RS: https://rebrickable.com/sets/42056-1/porsche-911-gt3-rs/?inventory=1#alt_builds Everything from a Vintage Beetle to an F1 car, a Lancia Stratos etc......