I must admit, not that I'd ever bother buying a UCS Technic car (not my jam), but it'd have been interesting if it were in metallic green. Bit of a shame but hey, easy come easy go.

52 minutes ago, Seasider said:

We’ve just released a car via YouTube 

The social media team was not on the top of the game, Facebook/Instagram still had only the teaser from yesterday when Top Gear was already showing the details of the (btw very nice) car :) 

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I must admit, not that I'd ever bother buying a UCS Technic car (not my jam), but it'd have been interesting if it were in metallic green. Bit of a shame but hey, easy come easy go.

Yeah, that metallic green is fantastic. Too bad but at least there will be new parts in olive green and some golden rims?

Yeah, at least military builders will have a field day with this colour. I'm pretty sure it won't be long until @Sariel makes one of his tanks in it.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Yeah, at least military builders will have a field day with this colour. I'm pretty sure it won't be long until @Sariel makes one of his tanks in it.

Oh man I totally forgot to mention this when 42110 came out, but I was puzzled  by the lack of praise for the olive green, particularly since it would allow for a wider military palette.

On 2/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, AVCampos said:

No, but I remember seeing a few out there on the net. They should be easy to find with a Google Search.

Thanks

On 2/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, I_Igor said:

Here is my favorite

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29779142-lego-technic-build-instructions

...but 2020 will definitely be new model and (unfortunately) not legendary Miura or Countach

I don't have a Countach Technics... yet, but i'm thinking of building one in the future (it could be perfectly that from skyliner, but i pref white)...
But... for those who never built anything in Technics, even with the instructions, and on a scale of 1 to 10, what is the level of difficulty?

48 minutes ago, happyhippy said:

Thanks

I don't have a Countach Technics... yet, but i'm thinking of building one in the future (it could be perfectly that from skyliner, but i pref white)...
But... for those who never built anything in Technics, even with the instructions, and on a scale of 1 to 10, what is the level of difficulty?

It is difficult to be realistic about level of difficulty, but IMHO 8. I was planning long ago to build Countach but every time something else went as priority. White is also cool. Currently I'm in machinery mocing but who knows what happens since I have less and less time for LEGO. From whole 2020 lineup it is hard for me to say my favorite and Control+ is not on my wish list... So probably I'm most excited about F&F car

Sorry if I've missed anything but how do we know it's going to be olive green?

Ah bugger.. i havent built the defender yet, so i havent seen the colour in real life yet, but im not happy about the prospect of an olive green ucs hypercar.

Lets hope there are no rare or unique pieces and the stickers are clear backed so colour swapping is easy

1 hour ago, Gzynek2323 said:

See post on page 51 Posted Sunday at 03:39 PM

Ah ok, thank you. Olive green looks great on the Land rover, or some other military/old agricultural vehicle, but for a Lamborghini?! I'll wait and see. Maybe the model is so mechanically awesome that the colour doesn't even matter. 

Edited by allanp

I don't like olive grean either . I would have prefered the car to be in a different colour like yellow. I predict the wheels will be in a bronze-isch colour representing the launch edition as well. Bronze rims wouldn't look great on most MOCs just like the dark blue bugatti rims IMO. Luckely quite a few people paint and sell them so we get the option to obtain them in different colours.

@T Lego Bronze wheels look killer on white cars... And not on much else. At least in my opinion :grin:

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

@T Lego Bronze wheels look killer on white cars... And not on much else. At least in my opinion :grin:

How about blue?

27 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

How about blue?

You are right, blue an bronze wheels is a great combo too - Especially for Subaru WRX / Forester STI

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I like bronze on red.

Lego Technic facebook page has just posted a teaser video with The Stig. Is there an upcoming model Top Gear related? Or is it just to promote 42109 again?

3 hours ago, mpj said:

Lego Technic facebook page has just posted a teaser video with The Stig. Is there an upcoming model Top Gear related? Or is it just to promote 42109 again?

I think it is the 42109

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I think it is the 42109

I hope this is actually the Stig taking a revenge for 42109 :D 

22 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I hope this is actually the Stig taking a revenge for 42109 :D 

:laugh:

Look like the video not promoting 42109.

It’s more on teasing another set with TopGear license this year, possible a Porsche.

Don’t know, we shall have next teaser i guess in coming future.

At least on the table there are white panels, not green, like on that porsche.

It is really strange in any case - if it is teaser for already released set, or there is really second set in the same year. Of course, 42109 was released in december 2019, so it is 2019 set ...