43 minutes ago, Jim said:

Isn't licensing what LEGO (Technic) is all about these days?! :sceptic:

Jim you are derailing the topic. Let's get back on track now, shall we.

Meh, psuedo licensing has been a thing for ages. Even if it doesnt carry the brand, a set like 8440 is pretty much a Ferrari 640 F1 car. and there are plenty of other examples where a lego set captures just enough elements of one specific model or brand to at least evoke a connection.

The lack of B-models is indeed a bit of an issue, but so far licensed sets seem pretty decent in terms of technic, and personally i really like the fact that ill be able to add a lamborghini Sian to the display later this year, rather then some generic GTA-esque almost-but-not-quite clone of a lambo.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

From the quick investigation I made, I think the Osprey is a military-only craft, so TLG will surely not use that name. I bet more on "VTOL rescue plane" or something like that.

They will, since all leaks and toy fair reports have pointed out to a Bell-licensed aircraft, and it wouldn't make sense to just make a fictional aircrft.

What they seem to be doing is avoid any military marks or armaments on the set (according to Toy Fair reporters), so they can get arround selling a military aircraft.

Just now, Kaanere said:

They will, since all leaks and toy fair reports have pointed out to a Bell-licensed aircraft, and it wouldn't make sense to just make a fictional aircrft.

What they seem to be doing is avoid any military marks or armaments on the set (according to Toy Fair reporters), so they can get arround selling a military aircraft.

Bell makes/made a civilian model Osprey.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW609

10 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

The lack of B-models is indeed a bit of an issue, but so far licensed sets seem pretty decent in terms of technic, and personally i really like the fact that ill be able to add a lamborghini Sian to the display later this year, rather then some generic GTA-esque almost-but-not-quite clone of a lambo.

Agreed and agreed.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That's a worrying trend

Doesn't have to be, but it is freedom of choice for everyone to live with it...

1 hour ago, ian74 said:

Bell makes/made a civilian model Osprey.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW609

That's not an Osprey, though. It's a Leonardo AW609, an aircraft with a simillar rotor configuration but otherwise completely different (it's 10 tons lighter, for instance). Also, Bell is no longer involved in the project, so now Leonardo (AgustaWestland) should be the company TLG should adress to license it; however, Bell is the company that TLG has licensed, so it must be the V-22.

That, or the V-280 Valor, which still hasn't entered service with the US army.

Edited by Kaanere

Agusta looks great why no more licensed flying sets, great potential is in helicopters there are many great constructions e.g. lama but since lego can cooperate with liebheri claas why not with cessna or pilatus a great set would be e.g. aerobatic model extra300

On 1/29/2020 at 5:29 PM, Brickthus said:

I would hope that a firmware update to the Technic Control+ hub would enable the hub to have at least some outputs controlled with a train remote handset.  Even better if two handsets could work to control all 4 outputs; otherwise why does the remote have peg holes at the sides?

Mark

Possibly the LEGO train handset behaves like the apps:

After connection the app reads several infomations from hub. Besides the hub specific informations , it gets the connection profile, showing, wgich type of motor is connected to speciic ports.

That is why application does not start (not connected) when found no or wrong combination of motor and ports). 

For that reason i think iz is more about a question of the handset firmware, that have do be accept Technic hub, with different motors.

You have to understand, thats there is no important technical reason behind: The wireless bluetooth protocol is equal to all members within powered up famiy.

But by reading hub types and names information including port connection messages you can identify , allow, block several combinations,

Marc

By the way:

It would be better if LEGO would provide more combinations of Remote handsets at least one that is usable for cars and one tailor made for the Liebherr and other sets to come,

Never mind:

I am buikding my own LEGO control plus control handsets , based on given RC equipment or Gamepads, without need for third party appa or bridges,

f you are interested have a look at the end of Rally car review here aand send private meaasege with questions ;-)

On 2/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, Jim said:
On 2/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, vectormatic said:

Agreed and agreed.

I got into Lego Technic only few years ago. Did Technic always have 2 in 1 options or was that pretty recent development that now seems to be disappearing?

If you go on brickset you’ll see the original sets back in 1977 had a main model and a b and sometimes c model. All of them normally appearing on the front of the box. So the loss of a second model is a bad thing in my mind. For the ultimate cars I don’t mind this as it’s all about the licence and a single vehicle.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

For the ultimate cars I don’t mind this as it’s all about the licence and a single vehicle.

But it isn't just the cars. It's affecting the regular sets as well.

2 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Maybe Iam wrong, but as I remember, in the early days of technic, they provided just some "Ideas". Not official B models with instructions. 

Not just Technic, all of them had it on the back of the box. That's why I kept those backs of boxes; nowadays it goes all to recycling.

Just now, AVCampos said:

Not just Technic, all of them had it on the back of the box. That's why I kept those backs of boxes; nowadays it goes all to recycling.

Aww yeah! I loved trying to figure out how to build the alternates for City, Star Wars and Rock Raiders. :sweet: It's true, TLG has been systematically eliminating B-models. Something essential has been lost. :cry_sad:

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

But it isn't just the cars. It's affecting the regular sets as well.

Affecting the regular sets is a problem for me. The ultimate car series I’m not bothered about. But I would like everything else to have a b model including other licensed sets

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Affecting the regular sets is a problem for me. The ultimate car series I’m not bothered about. But I would like everything else to have a b model including other licensed sets

No B-model for the Volvo is a kick in the teeth as well, seeing as Volvo B-models are brilliant.

I remember those when i was a kid - the ideas book - seem to remember an american style truck and some machine with a long length of track with rack pieces on to 'programme' something... it was a long time ago, but i used to love that book.

this one!! HA!!

Image result for lego technic ideas book