@therealjustin bright green is 42039 right? That would be pretty bad on a lambo, or even any supercar. Ideally speaking, yeah, lime green that sucker!

0a3ba6fc5889fe1970c1014a99b5ed27.jpg

Edited by vectormatic

4 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I wonder if the new differential will be used as the default differental in future models now.

And if we will ge frame 13 x 15 in black, maybe in the 42115 lambo, since the 7x11 and 9x5 frames come in black already :DDD

New differential is not very good for mechnical "hand rolling" models, because of 28:12 gearing. In some situations transmission can be stressed or damaged.

3 minutes ago, rm8 said:

New differential is not very good for mechnical "hand rolling" models, because of 28:12 gearing. In some situations transmission can be stressed or damaged.

I think it's fine. Remember sets like 8868 and 8865 used a 28:14 gearing on their differentials, this new diff is much stronger and I actually prefer the slightly faster engine speeds you get from that (8868 had a further 3:1 up gearing so the engine was nice and fast!). If there are issues then the issue is coming from the gearbox, not the diff. 

3 hours ago, vectormatic said:

As for the F&F thing, black and vintage just screams Dom's Charger. Not my first pick from the range, but ill happily take it if its done well (on that note, if they do a charger, i wonder if its hard to colour swap it to the general lee) 

Dom's charger would be perfect for me as it should be in black with silver ascents and should be next to no stickers

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

Dom's charger would be perfect for me as it should be in black with silver ascents and should be next to no stickers

Yep! I am curious about the scale, though. For 99€, it should be in between the 42093 and 42096. Even if it sounds a bit strange at first, maybe these could be used as the rear tires (from the new batmobile) while having smaller front tires (from Arocs).

8 hours ago, ptitmannu said:

Ne pensez-vous pas que les rambardes sont bien trop grossières par rapport à la version originale ? À revoir !

Please keep all posts in English. Thanks

Could be Plymouth barracuda black car from fast and furious?

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

Yep! I am curious about the scale, though. For 99€, it should be in between the 42093 and 42096. Even if it sounds a bit strange at first, maybe these could be used as the rear tires (from the new batmobile) while having smaller front tires (from Arocs).

Then like 42077, except the dual licence costs may eat into piece count

5 hours ago, Cardboy said:

In pretty sure its dom's charger. My local dealer discribed it as "a classic american car, it looks like a big black rectangle but awesome." He never saw the movie though.. And since he was spot on with the liebherr i kinda trust this info.

Just now, Gzynek2323 said:

Seems we are getting more and more clarity about F&F set.  When is it time for a dedicated topic?

When there's an official name for it

55 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

When there's an official name for it

We don't have an official name for the Lambo, either.

Anyways, I took the liberty to make a thread for the set: 

22 hours ago, allanp said:

I think it's fine. Remember sets like 8868 and 8865 used a 28:14 gearing on their differentials, this new diff is much stronger and I actually prefer the slightly faster engine speeds you get from that (8868 had a further 3:1 up gearing so the engine was nice and fast!). If there are issues then the issue is coming from the gearbox, not the diff. 

that old sets was from another era, where models was not strong as today. there was no closed differential frames in that models,  sooner brick built frame will be broken that gears

Still don't see the reason of moving from old differential to new version. Old still good for mechanical models, new for RC

As a motoring guy and one who's lego basically sits on a shelf after building, I'm very much looking forward to the Lamborghini and Ducati. Much more than bank account any way :) 

Lambo is a must for me.  Can not pass 3rd in line of UCS.  Other H2 sets, I'll need to see some expert reviews before making a decision. 

That's actually quite interesting that we have so many licensed sets in one wave. Ducatti motorbike, Volvo hauler, Fast&Furious car, Lamborghini, not sure about the Osprey, is it actually licensed set. I am pretty sure that this never happened before. And why there is only leak of a one set.

4 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

not sure about the Osprey

From the quick investigation I made, I think the Osprey is a military-only craft, so TLG will surely not use that name. I bet more on "VTOL rescue plane" or something like that.

17 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

That's actually quite interesting that we have so many licensed sets in one wave. Ducatti motorbike, Volvo hauler, Fast&Furious car, Lamborghini, not sure about the Osprey, is it actually licensed set. I am pretty sure that this never happened before. And why there is only leak of a one set.

and we had CLAAS in first wave, so lots of licensed sets in one (Technic) year

Isn't licensing what LEGO (Technic) is all about these days?! :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Isn't licensing what LEGO (Technic) is all about these days?! :sceptic:

Marketing 101. Offer the same old crap, but with a brand name to cover up the fact that it is indeed the same old crap.