Don’t talk about UCS supercar 2022 first as it still another 2 years on.

But please get remind that TLG does not necessary to follow a UCS supercar in every 2 years trend. It can be every year a new car after all thought if demand is too good. Or even this Lamborghini is the last one in ‘Ultimate’ series because people start get boring??!

2 hours ago, Technicallism said:

But please get remind that TLG does not necessary to follow a UCS supercar in every 2 years trend.

I think it’s safe to assume we’re gonna get one in 2022, now that the pattern is repeating

8 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

there might be enough people out there who don't care about the sets other than looks

Its technic though... All form and poor function turns me off. Arocs was the perfect balance for me. BWE was awesome because it felt pure technic.. these cars? Not so much.

26 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Its technic though...

You can also look at Technic as a generic building format / part stack: You can create awesome technical/mechanical structures with it (like BWE), add design and looks to the technical stuff (like Arocs), or focus more on looks and less on technical stuff (like UCS), all with the same set of parts. So there is something of everything in the line-up. In the end, it is customers opinion/taste/preference that will decide whether or not they will like/buy a specific set. Nothing wrong there. 

26 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

awesome because it felt pure technic

As I grow older, I start leaning more and more towards the 'pretty' side of Technic. Yes, I do like raw hardcore mechanics, but it has to look good as well. In my MOCs, I'd rather skip 1 or 2 functions for the sake of looks nowadays. So, what is 'Technic'? I think it is a feeling that is different for everyone. And I congratulate TLG on that, because they have made the theme more than just that 'pile of parts'.

NB: this is not a rage against @TeamThrifty, I am just expressing my personal opinion in response to another post.

Edited by Rudivdk

I totally agree with you Rudivdk,

Especially that community which is interested in Lego Technic, is huge and only small % of it is probably building their own mocs. I assume most people (even me) likes to have cool looking model on the shelf and does not care too much on the inside mechanisms in the model. My brother is much older than me and he is collecting Lego Star Wars and he does not like my Technic sets at all, cause in his opinion they don't look good and have a lot of gaps etc. 

Oh my oh my!

I just saw the photo of the Volvo hauler...

‘It really about 90% look like 42030 b model

But please, don’t ask me share, thanks

Honestly it look not bad but I will give it a skip.

Still think it has ‘duplicated’ to 42030 B model and I would prefer more different type of vehicle.

3 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Honestly it look not bad but I will give it a skip.

Still think it has ‘duplicated’ to 42030 B model and I would prefer more different type of vehicle.

I wish it had duplicated 42030 - at least that hauler looked good.

Edited by Maaboo35

Cool. I see multiple new parts for yellow. 3x11 curved panels on the sides of the cab, 3x7 curved on the front (visible on the box), 2x5 mini panels. Set doesn’t really fit my collection but I’m very happy with these new pieces.

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

I wish it had duplicated 42030 - at least that hauler looked good.

Lol... Look like you had more disappointments than me

?

Just now, vectormatic said:

Yellow landy wheel arches, i approve! Otherwise ill refrain from commenting, i dont care about loaders :P

This is a hauler! :facepalm:

Just now, vectormatic said:

Yellow landy wheel arches, i approve! Otherwise ill refrain from commenting, i dont care about loaders :P

They seem to have a print/sticker though... Most likely a print given how hard it would be to apply.

Just now, Seasider said:

That looks great. Love the detailing on it and big like for Landy arches in a common colour

You mean the windscreen pillars going in the wrong direction?

Yeah, I'm a dog with a bone now...

14 minutes ago, LvdH said:

They seem to have a print/sticker though... Most likely a print given how hard it would be to apply. 

You mean the black edge? I dont think that would look out of place on any vehicle using this type of arch, id be more upset if they'd printed "VOLVO" or something across them.

since we have separate treads for all 2h sets; @Jim would it be wise to lock this tread not to make double posting in forum (and adding more unnecessary work for you)?

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How about "nope"

WTFun TLG.... 

Your Nope is a losing hope for the next ff year for sets that doesn't have any B model! Its a new trend...???

Just now, Seasider said:

So are pics of the other sets available ? I’m guessing not the Lambo as this will be a special reveal

I am keen to see the cement mixer and its Big Ugly Jooniorized Drum Part (hereafter referred to as the BUJDP).